• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's how I rank the Gilas cadet tweeners in a number of categories:

Athleticism: Kobe Paras > Oftana > Will Navarro > Javi GDL

Shooting: Oftana > Javi GDL > Navarro > Kobe

Ball Handling: Navarro > Javi GDL > Oftana > Kobe

Defense: Kobe > Oftana > Navarro > Javi GDL

Guys, feel free to disagree or express a different view. I don't pretend to be an expert naman or someone who has broad understanding of the game
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
      Here's how I rank the Gilas cadet tweeners in a number of categories:

Athleticism: Kobe Paras > Oftana > Will Navarro > Javi GDL

Shooting: Oftana > Javi GDL > Navarro > Kobe

Ball Handling: Navarro > Javi GDL > Oftana > Kobe

Defense: Kobe > Oftana > Navarro > Javi GDL

Guys, feel free to disagree or express a different view. I don't pretend to be an expert naman or someone who has broad understanding of the game
      I think Kobe is a better shooter than Navarro at least from 3. I havent looked but id like to think 15% was the worst in the UAAP among the cadets.
      Last edited by Sikatrix; 03-04-2021, 06:59 AM.

Comment

• Is Kobe really a good defender?

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
          Is Kobe really a good defender?
          Off the ball and weakside defender
          Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
            Is Kobe really a good defender?
            Help defender, I say yes.

But on ball defender. No.

Comment

• Based on their college stints, Navarro and Oftana are both decent to good perimeter defense which is very important against 3pt shooting teams.
              Attack
              defend
              Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by Sikatrix View Post
                I think Kobe is a better shooter than Navarro at least from 3. I havent looked but id like to think 15% was the worst in the UAAP among the cadets.
                How about mid-range shooting? I think Navarro is better in that aspect.
                "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• I foresee Kobe to be a decent defender overall at the 4 spot. Maybe right now, Oftana & Navarro have the edge over Kobe in defense but in the future I see kobe getting the better over the former.

Well, that's just me. I could be wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                    How about mid-range shooting? I think Navarro is better in that aspect.
                    The part of the game I like of Navarro is the defense and the putbacks/easy shots. Smart player but Kobe probably has higher potential. Then again Kobe is probably the best prospect of his age group even if now youd probably take Ramos and Baltazar over him. (EDIT Potential Wise)

Comment

• Been watching some mason amos footage and cant help but compare him with a younger carl tamayo. Virtually same height and same position—6’7 stretch 4. Who do you think is better at age 16?

Comment

• Originally posted by lurklurk View Post
                        Been watching some mason amos footage and cant help but compare him with a younger carl tamayo. Virtually same height and same position—6’7 stretch 4. Who do you think is better at age 16?
                        To be honest, Mason Is Better.

Not because he is Fil- Australian.

Mason is a better scorer. He have multiple 40-50 point games. I will also say he is more versatile.

As I said, Mason's playstyle is Like Danny S.

Tamayo is like RDO.

I will take Primw Danny S over Prime RDO anyday

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
                          As I said, Mason's playstyle is Like Danny S.
                          I see this comparison a lot, but honestly i dont see it. Danny siegle was a legit 2/3 wing with good ballhandling and a solid pull-up game. Cant say the same with amos as he is more of a 4 from the games ive seen.

Comment

• spoken to Mason and family, (he's part of our NBTC team ) and Tab.. and we've got a good idea of what we're looking for him to look like, (essentailly combo forward, call it swing or whatever...) , Mason's stroke is a beauty , he's got a basketball mind, reads well. has good size and length (easily 6'7') he's not athetic for world standards.. so Ingles comes to mind.,.. having said that we're still working on his motor... just being a good all around conditioned athlete

He's coached by Mika Vukona (nZ great) , and i asked Pero (NZ coach to guide) , his situation in Queensland cannot be replicated in Manila.. especially now..

There is a reason why he's in the New Zealand team (my team) and not the Australian team in NBTC, his parents are actually Kiwi..
                            Queensland stats in many ways is NZ's hotbet of kiwi players

Comment

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
                              spoken to Mason and family, (he's part of our NBTC team ) and Tab.. and we've got a good idea of what we're looking for him to look like, (essentailly combo forward, call it swing or whatever...) , Mason's stroke is a beauty , he's got a basketball mind, reads well. has good size and length (easily 6'7') he's not athetic for world standards.. so Ingles comes to mind.,.. having said that we're still working on his motor... just being a good all around conditioned athlete
                              I agree, combo forward is best case scenario for Mason. Solid passer too for his age. How is his ball handling?

Comment

• Originally posted by lurklurk View Post
                                I agree, combo forward is best case scenario for Mason. Solid passer too for his age. How is his ball handling?
                                Because he plays in Australia and is given the opporuntnity to play in the perimeter with reps , he will always have better ball handling than local homegrown bigs, but let's be realistic because of lack of speed he will never be a natural wing who can slide down to playing the two guard. Having said that like i said he can always do an Ingles , and be like a point forward that is very plausible , especially with developed skill and his IQ

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information