Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to this Jack Cruz-Dumont who is Gilas eligible from Canada?
    it's 2019 now and not a word heard about Gilas participation

Comment

• these players should be considered as the next cadets:

Rhenz Abando 6'5 (G/F) UST
      Calvin Oftana 6'5 (G/F) San Beda
      Justine Baltazar 6'8 (F/C) DLSU
      Juan Gomez De Liano 6'' (G) UP
      Kobe Paras 6'6 (F) UP
      Isaac Go 6'8 (F/C) ADMU
      Thirdy Ravena 6'3 (G) ADMU
      Matt Nieto 6'1 (G) ADMU
      CJ Cansino 6'1 (G) UST

U-19 players:

Kai Sotto 7'2 C
      AJ Edu 6'10 (F/C) TOLEDO
      Dave Ildefonso 6'5 (G) NU
      Dalph Panopio 6'2 (G)
      Mark Nonoy 5'8 (G) UST
      Carl Tamayo 6'8 (F) NU

possible tournaments: SEA games, SEABA(?),Asian Games
      Last edited by Alex07; 05-21-2019, 05:50 AM.
      "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
        these players should be considered as the next cadets:

Kobe Paras 6'6 (F) UP
        Isaac Go 6'8 (F/C) ADMU
        Matt Nieto 6'1 (G) ADMU
        CJ Cansino 6'1 (G) UST

U-19 players:

Kai Sotto 7'2 C
        AJ Edu 6'10 (F/C) TOLEDO
        Dalph Panopio 6'2 (G)
        Mark Nonoy 5'8 (G) UST
        Carl Tamayo 6'8 (F) NU

Jeo Ambohot 6’6” letran
        Ken Tuffin 6’4” FEU
        LA Clippers(bcoz of PG13)
        Morayta

Comment

• Originally posted by tootch View Post
          Jeo Ambohot 6’6” letran
          Ken Tuffin 6’4” FEU
          6'8 Kenmark Carino - needs a second look

Comment

• Originally posted by montam26 View Post
            What happened to this Jack Cruz-Dumont who is Gilas eligible from Canada?
            it's 2019 now and not a word heard about Gilas participation

He is not eligble as neither of his parents had PH passports at the time of his birth.
            Keep running, big boy.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfrancis View Post
              6'8 Kenmark Carino - needs a second look
              Not really confirmed but someone claims carino is close to 6'10

Comment

• i hope they consider future PBA draftee former St. Clare star and current MPBL star Aries Dionisio 6’5” can play forward position with decent perimeter guy a mac belo type and UE transferee, former CESAFI MVP and current D-League player Rey Suerte 6’3” can play guard and SF position..
                Morayta

Comment

• What happened to the "23 for 2023" Gilas cadet program?

The upcoming Jones Cup would be a good tournament for the cadets. The 2019 UAAP basketball tournament starts in September while the 2019 Jones Cup is slated in mid-July so cadets like Thirdy Ravena, Isaac Go, Matt Nieto, Ricci Rivero, 1GDL, Kobe Paras would be available. Fil-ams Roosevelt Adams & Jeremiah Grey who played for Mighty Sports in the 2019 Dubai International Basketball Championship can reinforce the team and maybe a big American import can also bolster the team. And maybe 2019 FIBA World U-19 Championship-bound Kai Sotto, AJ Edu, Carl Tamayo & Dave Ildefonso can also be included in the team.

The Jones Cup will be a very valuable experience for these young fellas. Since Mighty Sports company had already hooked-up with SBP then the company can sponsor the team in the Jones Cup
                  "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• we still jave a cadet prigram, look at how young yhe ones we send in asia 3x3.. Ebona still has ling ways to match up against the bobo magassas..
                    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                    1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                      What happened to the "23 for 2023" Gilas cadet program?

The upcoming Jones Cup would be a good tournament for the cadets. The 2019 UAAP basketball tournament starts in September while the 2019 Jones Cup is slated in mid-July so cadets like Thirdy Ravena, Isaac Go, Matt Nieto, Ricci Rivero, 1GDL, Kobe Paras would be available. Fil-ams Roosevelt Adams & Jeremiah Grey who played for Mighty Sports in the 2019 Dubai International Basketball Championship can reinforce the team and maybe a big American import can also bolster the team. And maybe 2019 FIBA World U-19 Championship-bound Kai Sotto, AJ Edu, Carl Tamayo & Dave Ildefonso can also be included in the team.

The Jones Cup will be a very valuable experience for these young fellas. Since Mighty Sports company had already hooked-up with SBP then the company can sponsor the team in the Jones Cup
                      Mighty Sports which will represent RP for this years Jones Cup will play a combination of young Filfors plus young collegiate players and old reliables. So far Mighthy has Roosevelt Adams, Gray, Brickmann plus college players Aaron Black and Gutang plus veterans Yeo and Gab Banal... The teams Coaching staff will also be reinforced by Rajko Toroman. Hopefully Charles Tui being a member of the Youth Coaching staff would also include Cadets prospects to give them international experience and keep imports to the minimum...

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                        these players should be considered as the next cadets:

Kobe Paras 6'6 (F) UP
                        Isaac Go 6'8 (F/C) ADMU
                        Matt Nieto 6'1 (G) ADMU
                        CJ Cansino 6'1 (G) UST

U-19 players:

Kai Sotto 7'2 C
                        AJ Edu 6'10 (F/C) TOLEDO
                        Dalph Panopio 6'2 (G)
                        Mark Nonoy 5'8 (G) UST
                        Carl Tamayo 6'8 (F) NU

your list looks good

Comment

• I haven't seen RJ Abarrientos' games with the FEU Baby Tamaraws but judging from the way he played in the FIBA 3x3 tournament, he looks very very impressive. What impresses me the most is his decent 3-pt. shooting. Given the fact that he is quick, athletic & with decent handles, it gives me some impression that he also have decent slashing skills. But since I haven't seen him play 5-on-5 (I saw his play during the NBTC-All Star game but since its just an all-star game I don't give much weight on it), I have no idea bout his point guard skills like passing, decision making & defense.

So for those of U guys who have seen enough games of him playing for the FEU Baby Tamaraws, how do you rate RJ Abarrientos as a point guard?
                          "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                            I haven't seen RJ Abarrientos' games with the FEU Baby Tamaraws but judging from the way he played in the FIBA 3x3 tournament, he looks very very impressive. What impresses me the most is his decent 3-pt. shooting. Given the fact that he is quick, athletic & with decent handles, it gives me some impression that he also have decent slashing skills. But since I haven't seen him play 5-on-5 (I saw his play during the NBTC-All Star game but since its just an all-star game I don't give much weight on it), I have no idea bout his point guard skills like passing, decision making & defense.

So for those of U guys who have seen enough games of him playing for the FEU Baby Tamaraws, how do you rate RJ Abarrientos as a point guard?
                            actually he led the baby tams to bring them in the F4 last season some upset wins against kai led ateneo and powerhouse bullpups. his strength his passing, shooting and ball handling. some slashing to the basket. a legit 5’11” underrated player. some scouts believe he’s much better over those highly recruited small point guards ust’s nonoy and lsgh’s joel cagulangan (not sure the spelling). LJ gonzales and RJ Abarrientos will be fun to watch next season.
                            Morayta

Comment

• Originally posted by tootch View Post
                              actually he led the baby tams to bring them in the F4 last season some upset wins against kai led ateneo and powerhouse bullpups. his strength his passing, shooting and ball handling. some slashing to the basket. a legit 5’11” underrated player. some scouts believe he’s much better over those highly recruited small point guards ust’s nonoy and lsgh’s joel cagulangan (not sure the spelling). LJ gonzales and RJ Abarrientos will be fun to watch next season.
                              Good to know from U bro that among RJ Abarrientos' strength is passing. I'm already thinking of a taller version of Johnny Abarrientos but with better 3-pt. shooting.

If we take a look at the promising young point guards in the PBA today - Kiefer Ravena & Robert Bolick, I think RJ Abarrientos has a better upside than the two. While Bolick & Ravena are taller, RJ has a better 3-pt shooting than Kiefer, & RJ is more athletic than Bolick. RJ just needs to learn to play smart & "disciplined" basketball.

Thanks for your reply bro

Comment

• Welcome Back sa Basketball PH Rev!!!Nagpapalakas ang Mighty Sports para sa Jones Cup!Tindi ng preparation nila Credits: Tiebreaker Timeshttps://tiebreakertim...

I hope 1GDL, Thirdy Ravena & Remy Martin will make it to the Jones Cup. Since Kai most likely won't be available for the Jones Cup as he is going back to the US for further training, why not get AJ Edu instead? I mean, after the 2019 FIBA World U-19 Championships, Edu would be available. The Jones Cup is slated July so Edu would still be in vacation by that time.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information