Page 449 of 455 FirstFirst ... 349399439447448449450451 ... LastLast
Results 8,961 to 8,980 of 9090

Thread: Philippines Cadet/Developmental Team

  1. #8961
    Senior Member DAdmiral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    1,293
    Country: Fiji

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    Gonna remove Nunag, Mulvihill and Rodger since it seems like they are ineligible. Only Tuffin is the only sure eligible for Gilas.
    I think Joesph Nunag is eligible, Rodgers is not, Mulvhil isn't Pinoy... just played in Phil college

    Mason Amos might play for NBL1 ( the d -league of the Aus Nbl)

    BTW his Saturday , watch Tuffin vs Rodgers (with imports 7'2 and g- league and all), the game will be streamed to the Phiilippines via Smart Sports. i may have to do the post game interview lol..
    https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid...eric&ref=notif


    Watch the game here - https://www.facebook.com/SMARTSportsPhilippines

    and coming soon Kai...
    Last edited by DAdmiral; 04-21-2021 at 11:01 PM.

  2. #8962
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    5,608
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Guys like JGDL, Baltazar, Abando, Ricci and some senior players waiting for college hoops to return then they should regret it.. They should skip their remaining years in college and go PRO now.. With the way Pandemic situation in our country, It seems college hoops will last longer than we thought.. They wasting their time waiting but nothing happens.. It affects their development to be a better player because of lack of games for their development as a basketball player..

  3. #8963
    Senior Member IPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    2,717
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    Guys like JGDL, Baltazar, Abando, Ricci and some senior players waiting for college hoops to return then they should regret it.. They should skip their remaining years in college and go PRO now.. With the way Pandemic situation in our country, It seems college hoops will last longer than we thought.. They wasting their time waiting but nothing happens.. It affects their development to be a better player because of lack of games for their development as a basketball player..
    If they're going pro, they have to go pro abroad if they want to develop further. All of them are still in development stages. Especially Abando. Although Abando's a good shooter and can move well without the ball, he's still unpolished. He needs to add more to his skillset.

  4. #8964
    Senior Member IPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    2,717
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    I hope we can someday develop big star players who are too good for the PBA, who are good enough to go abroad, and leave the PBA with only the 3rd-tier talents. That may force the PBA to make a harsh realization, to not just rely on big names and to develop stars from the 3rd-tier talents.

    I think that can be a way to make the PBA more geared towards development.
    I'm going to reiterate this statement. Only problem is the willingness of the prospect and his family to take the risk abroad. They might need sponsors for that.

  5. #8965
    Senior Member thatweirdguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    If they're going pro, they have to go pro abroad if they want to develop further. All of them are still in development stages. Especially Abando. Although Abando's a good shooter and can move well without the ball, he's still unpolished. He needs to add more to his skillset.
    I don't believe Chua's gonna let Abando play overseas.. anyway are there teams who's shown interest to these guys? Balti and JGL I kept reading had some offers before

  6. #8966
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    4,600
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    MAKING GILAS POOL WITH INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCE (OR WILL HAVE) ( 17 - 25 yrs old)

    GUARDS

    JORDAN HEADING - US NCAA

    THIRDY RAVENA - JAPAN B LEAGUE

    DALPH PANOPIO - US NCAA

    CHOLO ANONUEVO - US NCAA

    LOWELL BRIONES JR. - USA (Don't know what league)


    WINGS

    DWIGHT RAMOS - US NCAA

    KEN TUFFIN - NBL NEW ZEALAND

    LUKE TOBIAS - EWP

    KEVIN QUIAMBAO - OVERSEAS (He posted in his ig story that he will go overseas after dlsu stint)

    BIGS

    KAI SOTTO - NBL AUSTRALIA

    AJ EDU - US NCAA

    NATURALIZED PLAYER

    JORDAN CLARKSON - NBA
    (Kung di malalusot na local sa Fiba)

    A lot of 15-17 yrs old eligible Filams/Fil Aussie are next in line.

    If you actually look at the glass half full (and not half empty). Slowly but surely, We are Producing Gilas Quality Players with International Experiece.

    2023. Maybe half of them are internationally trained or played. 2027, baka mahirapan na tayo mamili who will take the gilas spot.

    We just need to make this a norm and more rapidly

  7. #8967
    Senior Member wnox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    MAKING GILAS POOL WITH INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCE (OR WILL HAVE) ( 17 - 25 yrs old)

    GUARDS

    JORDAN HEADING - US NCAA

    THIRDY RAVENA - JAPAN B LEAGUE

    DALPH PANOPIO - US NCAA

    CHOLO ANONUEVO - US NCAA

    LOWELL BRIONES JR. - USA (Don't know what league)


    WINGS

    DWIGHT RAMOS - US NCAA

    KEN TUFFIN - NBL NEW ZEALAND

    LUKE TOBIAS - EWP

    KEVIN QUIAMBAO - OVERSEAS (He posted in his ig story that he will go overseas after dlsu stint)

    BIGS

    KAI SOTTO - NBL AUSTRALIA

    AJ EDU - US NCAA

    NATURALIZED PLAYER

    JORDAN CLARKSON - NBA
    (Kung di malalusot na local sa Fiba)

    A lot of 15-17 yrs old eligible Filams/Fil Aussie are next in line.

    If you actually look at the glass half full (and not half empty). Slowly but surely, We are Producing Gilas Quality Players with International Experiece.

    2023. Maybe half of them are internationally trained or played. 2027, baka mahirapan na tayo mamili who will take the gilas spot.

    We just need to make this a norm and more rapidly
    As long as no one gets approached by San Miguel's Evil Long Hair and drafted by the PBA

  8. #8968
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,596
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Mercy Miller (cousin of VJ Miller), another 15-yr old fil-am prospect from phbucket. Rank 33 in his batch per the video. Will turn 16 on Sep 30.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SfvzkvoFnTM

  9. #8969
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    11,895
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Wow! 5 star recruit? Tama ba yung narinig ko sa video?

    Technically Mercy Miller is 25% Filipino.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

  10. #8970
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    4,600
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Wow! 5 star recruit? Tama ba yung narinig ko sa video?

    Technically Mercy Miller is 25% Filipino.
    Yup. Basically VJ and Mercy are cousins.

    Their Fathers are brothers ( Both Americans)

    VJ's Father is married to Pure Filipina

    Mercy's Father is married to Half Filipina

    Sana naman Miller Family is proud and willing to play for their Philippines heritage

  11. #8971
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    5,608
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    I don't believe Chua's gonna let Abando play overseas.. anyway are there teams who's shown interest to these guys? Balti and JGL I kept reading had some offers before
    What if Abando wants to play overseas? How can Chua disagree with that? Especially NCAA can't resume anytime.. Unless tell him to go to PBA right now

  12. #8972
    Senior Member DAdmiral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    1,293
    Country: Fiji

    Default

    https://www.facebook.com/11742345860...2443624206999/

    Opening game

    Don't be surprise if he ends up as our 2023 designated shooter . Exposure he's getting playing alongside elite talent is huge

  13. #8973
    Senior Member thatweirdguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    What if Abando wants to play overseas? How can Chua disagree with that? Especially NCAA can't resume anytime.. Unless tell him to go to PBA right now
    It looks to me like binabakuran na niya.. would he be willing to let go of his investment without getting a return? Well SMCs MO includes benching good players rather letting them go to another team.

  14. #8974
    Senior Member IPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    2,717
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spidey102279 View Post
    OT: How the hell this phbuckets guy find fil-ams before SBP?

    Mercy Miller, the freshman (15 years old) teammate of Chet.

    Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    Is he Eligible? From what I read his mom is only half Pinoy?
    If his mom's still a citizen, it won't matter if she's half Pinoy. Half Pinoy or no, she'll have the rights of a full-blooded Filipino citizen if she's a citizen. And eligibility will depend on his passport status too.

  15. #8975
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    4,600
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    The better the player. The harder to get.

    Caelum, Jayden, VJ, and Mercy

    Caelum is lowest ranked among the 4. We easily got him

    Jayden is second lowest ranked among the 4. And he is in process according to Tumakbo national.

    VJ and Mercy are TOP Players in their age group. Very hard to ge them

    V.J posted a us passport in his IG story. And he looked happy.

    Mercy, I am not familiar. But ph buckets said he is being snubbed.

  16. #8976
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,596
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/11742345860...2443624206999/

    Opening game

    Don't be surprise if he ends up as our 2023 designated shooter . Exposure he's getting playing alongside elite talent is huge
    He’s shooting very good percentage as a shooter, with decent volume as well. Though id want to see him shoot MORE if he’ll be the DESIGNATED SHOOTER that you are saying.

  17. #8977
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    4,600
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/11742345860...2443624206999/

    Opening game

    Don't be surprise if he ends up as our 2023 designated shooter . Exposure he's getting playing alongside elite talent is huge
    No one will be surprise so much

    Tuffin is one of the mentioned Gilas 2023 Players Candidates.

    Especially, we lack wing shooters

  18. #8978
    Senior Member ja.he's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    4,644
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/11742345860...2443624206999/

    Opening game

    Don't be surprise if he ends up as our 2023 designated shooter . Exposure he's getting playing alongside elite talent is huge
    Where it will be aired exactly sir? In TV5, OneSports or just livestream?
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

  19. #8979
    Senior Member ja.he's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    4,644
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    I think Joesph Nunag is eligible, Rodgers is not, Mulvhil isn't Pinoy... just played in Phil college

    Mason Amos might play for NBL1 ( the d -league of the Aus Nbl)

    BTW his Saturday , watch Tuffin vs Rodgers (with imports 7'2 and g- league and all), the game will be streamed to the Phiilippines via Smart Sports. i may have to do the post game interview lol..
    https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid...eric&ref=notif


    Watch the game here - https://www.facebook.com/SMARTSportsPhilippines

    and coming soon Kai...
    Hoping for KBL to also open their league to Filipinos. So far, they only allow Japanese players in their Asian quota. Needless to say, while SBL and P.League+ in Taiwan have Asian quota, it is not recommended to get there due to brewing tensions with China.
    Last edited by ja.he; 04-23-2021 at 04:32 AM.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

  20. #8980
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    4,600
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    Hoping for KBL to also open their league to Filipinos. So far, they only Japanese players in their Asian quota. Needless to say, while SBL and P.League+ in Taiwan have Asian quota, it is not recommended to get there due to brewing tensions with China.
    A lot of leagues are being open to Filipinos now.

    They appreciate our players' talent

Page 449 of 455 FirstFirst ... 349399439447448449450451 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •