Page 1 of 377 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Philippines Senior National Team Thread

Default 2014 FIBA World Cup Gilas Thread

Sorry na, excited lang...

Official Website: http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/14/wcm/p/index.html

Default Philippine National Team 2014 for FIBA World

what are your thoughts? will SBP stick to its original line up? for me yes.... these boys sacrificed and deserve their spot on our NT for Spain...

my question is, Hagop has this under 16 rules is it also applicable for FIBA WORLD? or can we field the likes of Jordan Clarkson, Stanley Pringle?

i have this idea in back of my mind that if we let this 2 play for our team in spain they can be qualified immediately for FIBA ASIA....

Barring any injuries, this roster should stay intact for next year. These guys worked hard to earn it, they should be rewarded with a trip to Spain next year.

And also, last hurrah for Kuya Marcus.

As much as I want reinforcements for the 2014 roster, I have to agree with the general sentiment that barring injuries, the line-up should be intact. It's the least we can do to reward the sacrifices of this team. Should there be any need for replacements, Belga should be #1 on that list.

Still hoping for Abueva to make the NT. Maybe we can prepare a future NT for the SEAG and Asian Games.

In filipino we have a saying " Ako ang nagluto ako ang nagsaing ako ang nag hain iba ang kumain".

it would be unfair for those players who played hard with all of their heart in last night game againts korea just because they are too small for the world basketball.

just my opinion.

“Hindi ko na inaano ‘yun (mapasama sa pool) eh,” Santos said. “Kung susumahin mo ang buhay naming mga player, ‘san ba talaga ang first priority namin, ‘di ba? Ang first priority ko, dahil dito ko nakuha lahat ng kagandahan ng buhay ko at para sa pamilya ko, ang San Miguel. Alam naman ng lahat ‘yun. Ito ang dapat kong paglingkuran.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sakamoto View Post
    In filipino we have a saying " Ako ang nagluto ako ang nagsaing ako ang nag hain iba ang kumain".

it would be unfair for those players who played hard with all of their heart in last night game againts korea just because they are too small for the world basketball.

just my opinion.
    As much as there should be a reward system in place for the players. I'm sure that the core of the team will be intact. However, since we are facing superior opposition, expect some roster changes to further beef up our lines. Professional ballers know this code and it is who is the best for the particular instance.

Just in honor of our team... If Yuta Tabuse can... Castro and Tenorio can too! You heard it here first...

I expect at least half of the team to be intact. We will definitely need bigger guards in FIBA World Cup so if Dillinger can return to his old form, he should be considered again. Unless MVP is too pissed with him already.

Im wondering how many would ask to be included in the pool and how PBA will take this. And how the pba calendar be adjusted.

Is ray parks be willing to join now? lets see..

will they go with the old guys or go replacing some with younger players? it is not a tournament wherein we can definitely win games anyway. lol
    Cybernetics microchip, RMS not rfid, implantee since 2017. Coz apparently I'm not normal.
    And I believe in Adam,Lilith and Eve. And dont forget about Samael! lol

Since we expect to be blown out of each game in the WC, it will be a debate between a reward trip or a training for future NT players.

I won't complain if they send the future NT players like Ray Parks to the SEAG and ASIAD instead. The cadets will just be eaten alive in the WC anyway. Though it won't hurt if we can include 1-2 young guys besides Fajardo in the WC team.

2014 asian games and FIBA world championship...what month would these events be?

didnt chot want to include the ineligibles to the asiad? guys like holt and clarkson and maybe pringle..

If i'll have it, I'll change alapag with Dillinger and David with Parks(both of them does not play superb defense anyway. one is all heart and the other less heart). And then Junemar with Greg.

Maybe we will stick with Douthit. Naturalization takes fvcking long time. unless PNoy signs it directly..
    Last edited by weward; 08-11-2013 at 04:13 AM.
    Cybernetics microchip, RMS not rfid, implantee since 2017. Coz apparently I'm not normal.
    And I believe in Adam,Lilith and Eve. And dont forget about Samael! lol

Just read the news and currently watching the replay! Good on you boys! Congratulation to us! wohooo!!![/B]

If all the current players are available in 2014 God willing there are no injuries,they all deserve to be in Spain.But I also like to have our bigs play Fajardo,Aguilar and even Slaughter to be given exposures against world class big men.Just look at Jordan's young center Al-Dwairi and China's Wang Zhelin, they're been given much needed playing time by their coaches preparing them for future tournaments.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

I just hope Messi don't turn into a basketball player. I don't want him blowing our players by like what he do in the La Liga.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    If all the current players are available in 2014 God willing there are no injuries,they all deserve to be in Spain.But I also like to have our bigs play Fajardo,Aguilar and even Slaughter to be given exposures against world class big men.Just look at Jordan's young center Al-Dwairi and China's Wang Zhelin, they're been given much needed playing time by their coaches preparing them for future tournaments.
    No way would Slaughter make it the World Championships. Slaughter is even much slower than Fajardo. Once in a lifetime for an asian country to have the opportunity to play in the World Championships. I'm sure the current Gilas team members won't give up their slots in 2014.
    SAN BEDA BASKETBALL

We're probably +85.5 in sports betting if against Team USA.

I say bring them on, we'll cover the spread.
    If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

I wonder how our management will plan the team preparations. We definitely need to have a lot of practice games and basketball camps to give our players the experience in playing top-level competition. I believe a training pool composed of the current line-up and 12 other players should be conducted. I hope coach Tab will still be around to assist our NT.

When Iran won in 2007, it opened up doors for so many Iranian players. I hope we get the same opportunity.
    "INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS."

We will get to face at least 1 superpower based on the seeding right? Just like the old FIBA Asia where the top 4 seeds are distributed among 4 groups.

If not USA, we can face Spain, Argentina, France, Serbia, Lithuania, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by interxavierxxx View Post
    I wonder how our management will plan the team preparations. We definitely need to have a lot of practice games and basketball camps to give our players the experience in playing top-level competition. I believe a training pool composed of the current line-up and 12 other players should be conducted. I hope coach Tab will still be around to assist our NT.

When Iran won in 2007, it opened up doors for so many Iranian players. I hope we get the same opportunity.
    First things first: talk to the PBA.
    If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Slaughter in Fajardo out. Dillinger in Tenorio out. Lassiter in David out.

Center
    Douthit
    Slaughter

Forward
    De Ocampo
    Aguilar

Pingris
    Norwood

Guard
    Fonacier
    Lassiter
    Chan