Guilherme Giovannoni (BRA) 20 pts, 10 rebs
    Larry Taylor (BRA) 10 pts, 7 rebs

Argentina 77 - 71 Venezuela
    Facundo Campazzo (ARG) 18 pts, 4 rebs, 7 asts, 3 stls, 6-10FG
    Luis Scola (ARG) 10 pts, 12 rebs, 4 asts
    Rafael Perez (VEN) 14pts
    Donta Smith (VEN) 11 pts, 13 rebs, 4 asts, 2 stls

Bye for Canada and Paraguay
    Last edited by J-Mart; 09-03-2013, 03:39 AM.
    sigpic

Mexico, PR, Brasil, Argentina.
    sigpic

Comment

Mexico

Jamaica

Uruguay

Venezuela

This is not who I think will win the games, its who Im rooting for. Of all these teams only real team I see winning their game is Mexico. Uruguay can win if Brasil plays as bad as they did against Canada. Venezuela can win if they shoot the game of their lives. Jamaica can win if Fiba rules the game a track and field contest instead of a basketball game.
      Originally posted by J-Mart
      the land of the free and the home of the brave is the greatest joke I've ever heard. There is no such thing as liberty and the american dream is more overrated than Japeth Aguilar was when u guys found he was a pinoy
      sigpic

Comment

DR (Mexico can definitely beat them, but I think DR gets their act together at least for one game)

Puerto Rico (so far they are the class of the tournament, even if they have an off day they should win.)

Brazil (they can't afford to lose this, a loss here means they actually have to beat Jamaica just to make the next round, too humiliating they win here.)

Argentina (they haven't impressed me, but neither has Venezuela, going with the more seasoned side here.)
        Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

I dont think Puerto Rico will play with his all potential.
          Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
          16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
          Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
          8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

What is with this DR team. It was like it was another team that played during the Argentina game. Body language looks really bad. Getting beat off the offensive boards. It just a whole different team altogether.

Comment

45-31 Mexico at half time. I'm starting to really wonder about Argentina that lost handily to this team. Mexico if they can hold on are set up quite well to potentially make the World Cup. I'm actually looking forward to seeing Mexico play Canada or Puerto Rico, never thought I'd think that at the start of the tournament.

Comment

All the guards of DR,except Feldeine can't organize a single play!!! They play a very selfish basketball. Mexico on the other hand, plays smart with coach direction. A very good team so far.

Comment

Originally posted by soulis79 View Post
                  All the guards of DR,except Feldeine can't organize a single play!!! They play a very selfish basketball. Mexico on the other hand, plays smart with coach direction. A very good team so far.
                  true and their only source on offense right now is garcia which has 4 fouls. During the argentina game they played really well, it seems like that was years away. I know that this DR team usually plays to the talent of their opponents, is this the case again? because I don't see desire and motivation in their movements.

Comment

Bad coaching. Never showed much during preparation.
                    sigpic

Comment

As the tournament goes, it will be possible for Mexico to reach Spain next year. Probably two wins will be enough(Uruguay and one more). If Mexico beat tomorrow Argentina it will be one step from semis.

Comment

everything is bad for DR. their bigs as I said is same as Jamaica's bigs, they are playing basketball because they are tall and not because they want to. If you count how many times the guards of Mexico drove the lane only to make uncontested layups. martinez, flores and baez are all the same, no secondary defenders. I'd like to see how these guys would fare against Puerto Rico and Canada. Should be a cake walk for the 2 teams.

So far among all the teams, PR, Mexico, Canada and Argentina are the best teams and probably the best bets for the world cup stints. DR players look like unmotivated players except for Garcia and Baez.

Comment

Dominican Republic will drag those 2 losses to the next round, and they still have to face Brazil, Canada and Puerto Rico. Tough task to reach the Worlds...
                          sigpic

Comment

Puerto Rico starts the game on a 10-0 run.

Comment

Jamaica choking away their second straight game...dumb fouls and poor guard play killing them late. With head to head tiebreakers the game against Brazil tomorrow is more important anyway.

Vintage game from Arroyo

As of now you'd have to rate Group A as stronger than Group B.
                              Originally posted by Fedfan
                              Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                              Originally posted by GuTO
                              refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information