No announcement yet.

FIBA Americas Championship Day 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puerto Rico winning big closing down the half.
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah...the Puerto Ricans are pouring it on Uruguay.

Comment

Blowout, actually more interesting is the discussion on the new World Cup qualifying system, and the crowds at Venezuela.
        Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

15 three pointers by Puerto Rico in 3 quarters.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JGX View Post
            DR being DR as Venezuela finally gets the home crowd excited...
            You can say that again. no killer instinct. I was not able to watch any of Venezuela's games, but based on my assessment is it DR that beat themselves? Because based on what I have seen Ven is not that good esp without G Vasquez and it was just DR doing what they do which is to play to the level of their opponents?

Comment

Originally posted by Federoy View Post
              I haven't had a chance to see Canada/Brazil contest yet, but what a surprising result...not the win for Canada, but like you said, the margin of victory. When you lose by nearly 30 points effort and intensity has to be called into question.
              With the heavy schedule in this tournament I think you often see teams pack it in when they fall behind by 15-20 points instead of upping their intensity and trying to pressure their way back into the game. The technical fouls were a bad sign though.
              Originally posted by Fedfan
              Most ppl get childish when they lose.
              Originally posted by GuTO
              refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Originally posted by lbj_19 View Post
                You can say that again. no killer instinct. I was not able to watch any of Venezuela's games, but based on my assessment is it DR that beat themselves? Because based on what I have seen Ven is not that good esp without G Vasquez and it was just DR doing what they do which is to play to the level of their opponents?
                DR allowed 18 offensive rebounds and commited 14 turnovers. Venezuela had 72 shots, 31 of them three pointers. Venezuela cant score, but DR gave them too many shots.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JGX View Post
                  With the heavy schedule in this tournament I think you often see teams pack it in when they fall behind by 15-20 points instead of upping their intensity and trying to pressure their way back into the game. The technical fouls were a bad sign though.
                  True enough. Admittedly, I haven't watched the game yet. I'm just going by the final score and how eye-catching it is. But to Dtown's point, there does seem to be something amiss about this Brazilian team, especially considering how long this group has been playing together under Magnano. I've seen teams struggle before in the prelims and bounce back in the second round in past TOAM, but I don't like Brazil's form in this tournament so far.

Comment

Uruguay would have beaten 5 of the other 6 teams today the way they played. Shot 46% from 3 point land and 42% overall. Puerto Rico just didnt miss today. I also think Uruguay expected us to play like yesterday against Canada, as they played very clean and let us shoot from distance a lot.

Only 11 free throw attempts by our team, but today everything clicked. I expect a tougher game tomorrow as the jamaicans go stronger for rebounds and as a fellow caribbean team, know us pretty well.
                    Originally posted by J-Mart
                    the land of the free and the home of the brave is the greatest joke I've ever heard. There is no such thing as liberty and the american dream is more overrated than Japeth Aguilar was when u guys found he was a pinoy
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by saalsapr View Post
                      Uruguay would have beaten 5 of the other 6 teams today the way they played. Shot 46% from 3 point land and 42% overall. Puerto Rico just didnt miss today. I also think Uruguay expected us to play like yesterday against Canada, as they played very clean and let us shoot from distance a lot.

Only 11 free throw attempts by our team, but today everything clicked. I expect a tougher game tomorrow as the jamaicans go stronger for rebounds and as a fellow caribbean team, know us pretty well.
                      I have seen the jamaicans play and if PR plays to their true strength and play their normal game, I see a walk in the park for you. Jamaica is a very weak team. 3-4 players max can play. They have a bum center in J Jordan who has very low IQ. I rank uruguay better because they have the no 10 guy and batista who are very decent players. But things can be complicated if P Ewing Jr will play. I see him as the best Jamaican player on the team. Although Balkman will have his hands full with Samuels and Jordan but skillwise PR is way ahead of Jamaica at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by lbj_19 View Post
                        I have seen the jamaicans play and if PR plays to their true strength and play their normal game, I see a walk in the park for you. Jamaica is a very weak team. 3-4 players max can play. They have a bum center in J Jordan who has very low IQ. I rank uruguay better because they have the no 10 guy and batista who are very decent players. But things can be complicated if P Ewing Jr will play. I see him as the best Jamaican player on the team. Although Balkman will have his hands full with Samuels and Jordan but skillwise PR is way ahead of Jamaica at this point.
                        Well sadly I too expect an easy win as Jamaica, unlike other teams has a hard time outrebounding us and lets us do whatever we want in the paint. Last year we beat them by 14 without Arroyo and Balkman. If Ewing doesnt play this might very well be a 30 point blowout. The fact that works against us is that PR hasnt beaten one of these english speaking caribbean teams by 25+ in a while.
                        Originally posted by J-Mart
                        the land of the free and the home of the brave is the greatest joke I've ever heard. There is no such thing as liberty and the american dream is more overrated than Japeth Aguilar was when u guys found he was a pinoy
                        sigpic

Comment

Is Ewing Jr. out of the tournament already? Will he still return?

Comment

Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
                            Is Ewing Jr. out of the tournament already? Will he still return?
                            doubtful for the tournament. something about a shoulder.
                            sigpic

Comment

Right shoulder strain suffered during training according to the Jamaican Observer.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mart View Post
                                15 three pointers by Puerto Rico in 3 quarters.
                                Philippines is like an America's team playing in asia..Yes we play American style basketball with some variations from Asian basketball and lately slowly integrating some euro style ball..
                                To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                                1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information