Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Thread: FIBA Americas Championship Day 3

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,465
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Federoy View Post
    I haven't had a chance to see Canada/Brazil contest yet, but what a surprising result...not the win for Canada, but like you said, the margin of victory. When you lose by nearly 30 points effort and intensity has to be called into question.
    With the heavy schedule in this tournament I think you often see teams pack it in when they fall behind by 15-20 points instead of upping their intensity and trying to pressure their way back into the game. The technical fouls were a bad sign though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

  2. #22
    Dear Leader J-Mart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    6,190
    Country: Albania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lbj_19 View Post
    You can say that again. no killer instinct. I was not able to watch any of Venezuela's games, but based on my assessment is it DR that beat themselves? Because based on what I have seen Ven is not that good esp without G Vasquez and it was just DR doing what they do which is to play to the level of their opponents?
    DR allowed 18 offensive rebounds and commited 14 turnovers. Venezuela had 72 shots, 31 of them three pointers. Venezuela cant score, but DR gave them too many shots.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Federoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    1,445
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JGX View Post
    With the heavy schedule in this tournament I think you often see teams pack it in when they fall behind by 15-20 points instead of upping their intensity and trying to pressure their way back into the game. The technical fouls were a bad sign though.
    True enough. Admittedly, I haven't watched the game yet. I'm just going by the final score and how eye-catching it is. But to Dtown's point, there does seem to be something amiss about this Brazilian team, especially considering how long this group has been playing together under Magnano. I've seen teams struggle before in the prelims and bounce back in the second round in past TOAM, but I don't like Brazil's form in this tournament so far.

  4. #24
    Senior Member saalsapr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Watching my team in my room.
    Posts
    816
    Country: Puerto Rico

    Default

    Uruguay would have beaten 5 of the other 6 teams today the way they played. Shot 46% from 3 point land and 42% overall. Puerto Rico just didnt miss today. I also think Uruguay expected us to play like yesterday against Canada, as they played very clean and let us shoot from distance a lot.

    Only 11 free throw attempts by our team, but today everything clicked. I expect a tougher game tomorrow as the jamaicans go stronger for rebounds and as a fellow caribbean team, know us pretty well.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Mart View Post
    the land of the free and the home of the brave is the greatest joke I've ever heard. There is no such thing as liberty and the american dream is more overrated than Japeth Aguilar was when u guys found he was a pinoy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    181
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saalsapr View Post
    Uruguay would have beaten 5 of the other 6 teams today the way they played. Shot 46% from 3 point land and 42% overall. Puerto Rico just didnt miss today. I also think Uruguay expected us to play like yesterday against Canada, as they played very clean and let us shoot from distance a lot.

    Only 11 free throw attempts by our team, but today everything clicked. I expect a tougher game tomorrow as the jamaicans go stronger for rebounds and as a fellow caribbean team, know us pretty well.
    I have seen the jamaicans play and if PR plays to their true strength and play their normal game, I see a walk in the park for you. Jamaica is a very weak team. 3-4 players max can play. They have a bum center in J Jordan who has very low IQ. I rank uruguay better because they have the no 10 guy and batista who are very decent players. But things can be complicated if P Ewing Jr will play. I see him as the best Jamaican player on the team. Although Balkman will have his hands full with Samuels and Jordan but skillwise PR is way ahead of Jamaica at this point.

  6. #26
    Senior Member saalsapr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Watching my team in my room.
    Posts
    816
    Country: Puerto Rico

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lbj_19 View Post
    I have seen the jamaicans play and if PR plays to their true strength and play their normal game, I see a walk in the park for you. Jamaica is a very weak team. 3-4 players max can play. They have a bum center in J Jordan who has very low IQ. I rank uruguay better because they have the no 10 guy and batista who are very decent players. But things can be complicated if P Ewing Jr will play. I see him as the best Jamaican player on the team. Although Balkman will have his hands full with Samuels and Jordan but skillwise PR is way ahead of Jamaica at this point.
    Well sadly I too expect an easy win as Jamaica, unlike other teams has a hard time outrebounding us and lets us do whatever we want in the paint. Last year we beat them by 14 without Arroyo and Balkman. If Ewing doesnt play this might very well be a 30 point blowout. The fact that works against us is that PR hasnt beaten one of these english speaking caribbean teams by 25+ in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Mart View Post
    the land of the free and the home of the brave is the greatest joke I've ever heard. There is no such thing as liberty and the american dream is more overrated than Japeth Aguilar was when u guys found he was a pinoy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,330
    Country: Kyrgyzstan

    Default

    Is Ewing Jr. out of the tournament already? Will he still return?

  8. #28
    Dear Leader J-Mart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    6,190
    Country: Albania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenarcher View Post
    Is Ewing Jr. out of the tournament already? Will he still return?
    doubtful for the tournament. something about a shoulder.

  9. #29
    Dear Leader J-Mart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    6,190
    Country: Albania

    Default

    Right shoulder strain suffered during training according to the Jamaican Observer.

  10. #30
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    22,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J-Mart View Post
    15 three pointers by Puerto Rico in 3 quarters.
    Philippines is like an America's team playing in asia..Yes we play American style basketball with some variations from Asian basketball and lately slowly integrating some euro style ball..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  11. #31
    Senior Member Mojado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Little Tobago
    Posts
    1,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Philippines is like an America's team playing in asia..Yes we play American style basketball with some variations from Asian basketball and lately slowly integrating some euro style ball..
    Please post in the Asian sub-forum, as this has absolutely nothing to do with the FIBA Americas championship, thank you.

    Looks like Brazil might need a wild-cards after loosing twice already. If Mexico beats the Dominicans today, they have a pretty good chance to make it to Spain.

    I from Wisconsin!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

    TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    181
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mojado View Post
    Please post in the Asian sub-forum, as this has absolutely nothing to do with the FIBA Americas championship, thank you.

    Looks like Brazil might need a wild-cards after loosing twice already. If Mexico beats the Dominicans today, they have a pretty good chance to make it to Spain.
    Brazil's offense is not there yet. They tried to run on the break and play a fast paced game but Canada was running with them.

  13. #33
    Senior Member PRSURF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,586
    Country: Puerto Rico

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mojado View Post
    Please post in the Asian sub-forum, as this has absolutely nothing to do with the FIBA Americas championship, thank you.

    Looks like Brazil might need a wild-cards after loosing twice already. If Mexico beats the Dominicans today, they have a pretty good chance to make it to Spain.
    Mexico is really playing very very well, if they win today or versus Argentina, they will classified to Spain, winning 2 games in second round.
    Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
    16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
    Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

    Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
    8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •