12. Rasoul Mozaffari (Afra)
      13. Hossein Rahmati (Afra)
      14. Soren Derboghoasian (UCLA - NCAA)
      15. Farbod Farman (Hawaii - NCAA)
      16. Amir Sedighi (Niroo Zamini)
      17. Arsalan Kazemi (Petrochimi)
      18. Behnam Yakhchali (Petrochimi)
      19. Erfan Nasajpour (Petrochimi)
      20. Mohammad Reza Amel-Khabbazan (Petrochimi)
      21. Masoud Soleimani (Petrochimi)
      22. Younes Lalehzadeh (Sanaye Petrochimi)
      23. Javad Davari (Foolad Mahan)
      24. Mehdi Shirjang (Foolad Mahan)
      25. Mohammad Reza Akbari (Foolad Mahan)
      26. Mohammad Amjad (Foolad Mahan)
      27. Mohammad Reza Falahat (Foolad Mahan)
      28. Mohammad Torabi (Foolad Mahan)
      29. Rouzbeh Arghavan (Zob Ahan)
      30. Aren Davoudi (Zanjan)
      31. Sasoon Abramian (Gorgan)
      32. Reza Ranjbar (Haft Almas)
      from this list, Javad Davari and Farbod Farman withdrew from the national team this year. apparently the same goes to Soren Derboghosian. instead they invited Reza Lotfi.

I wish the best of luck to Davari, he used to be a starter in the national team. but it seems he is done and it was a good decision to withdraw before they cut him out ! he was on bench completely last year in Manila and if he is supposed to sit on the bench once again I prefer someone younger like Yakhchali.

Comment

Originally posted by mohsena2631 View Post
        from this list, Javad Davari and Farbod Farman withdrew from the national team this year. apparently the same goes to Soren Derboghosian. instead they invited Reza Lotfi.

I wish the best of luck to Davari, he used to be a starter in the national team. but it seems he is done and it was a good decision to withdraw before they cut him out ! he was on bench completely last year in Manila and if he is supposed to sit on the bench once again I prefer someone younger like Yakhchali.
        Javad Davari will be missed! he always played with a lot of intensity and passion when playing for team melli.
        In my opinion he reached the peak of his career when he played position 1 instead of the injured Kamrani in 2008 Olympic games.

Comment

Originally posted by Buran View Post
          Javad Davari will be missed! he always played with a lot of intensity and passion when playing for team melli.
          In my opinion he reached the peak of his career when he played position 1 instead of the injured Kamrani in 2008 Olympic games.
          Davari did a lot for the national team in past, he didn't retire from the national team, he just took a year off but I think he won't come back again.

Bevirovic announced a new list for the 2nd round of training, 28 players this time, he dropped 6 players but invited 2 players from the "rest list"

Sasoon Abramian, Mohammad Amjad, Mohammad Reza Amel-Khabbazan, Erfan Nasajpour, Javad Davari and Farbod Farman are out (and also Reza Lotfi is out, they invited him only for few days), but Asghar Kardoust and Saman Veisi are invited.

Comment

Iran trains now for the world cup compared to our team
            sigpicNEVER SAY DIE PILIPINAS!

Comment

After Javad Davari, now Hamed Sohrabnejad also officially withdrew from the national team this year even though he said it's only for this year because of personal issues but I don't think he returns, still I'm thankful for all he has done for "Team Melli"

Sohrabnejad once retired from the national team after 2010 Asian Games but they called him back and he accepted the invitation, I don't think it happens again.

Comment

After Javad Davari, now Hamed Sohrabnejad also officially withdrew from the national team this year even though he said it's only for this year because of personal issues but I don't think he returns, still I'm thankful for all he has done for "Team Melli"

Sohrabnejad once retired from the national team after 2010 Asian Games but they called him back and he accepted the invitation, I don't think it happens again.
                isn't he the big guy with the outside shot?

Comment

Originally posted by lovejones View Post
                  isn't he the big guy with the outside shot?
                  yep he is

Comment

as a part of preparation, Iran will participate in FIBA Asia Cup in Wuhan, some key players will be missing for injuries and personal reasons, Samad Nikkhah, Mehdi Kamrani and Hamed Afagh. also Saeid Davarpanah is injured and will join the team later.

I think the squad will be something like this, just my guess, nothing official

PG: Davoudi, Aslani
                    SG: Yakhchali, Veisi
                    SF: Jamshidi, Lalehzadeh, Sedighi
                    PF: Kazemi, Sahakian
                    C: Haddadi, Kardoust, Arghavan

they may replace either Lalahzadeh or Sedighi with a guard.

Comment

Iran's roster for FIBA Asia Cup

PG: Davoudi, Veisi
                      SG: Yakhchali, Lalehzadeh
                      SF: Jamshidi, Akbari
                      PF: Kazemi, Sahakian, Zangeneh

a little weird squad ! because of injuries, they had only few players available in the camp ! only 3 guards here, Lalehzadeh is actually a SF.
                      interesting to see Akbari in the team after few years !
                      Last edited by mohsena2631; 07-03-2014, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Iran's roster for FIBA Asia Cup

PG: Davoudi, Veisi
                        SG: Yakhchali, Lalehzadeh
                        SF: Jamshidi, Akbari
                        PF: Kazemi, Sahakian, Zangeneh

a little weird squad ! because of injuries, they had only few players available in the camp ! only 3 guards here, Lalehzadeh is actually a SF.
                        interesting to see Akbari in the team after few years !
                        Looks like they are taking the Cup seriously and are trying to go for gold. I personally would have liked to see a younger team sent out for the games..
                        haven't heard much of Akbari for the past 3-4 years I think! he was a promising rising star back then, I remember him having a bad knee injury.
                        Is it clear which teams the National team will be playing against in preparation for the games in Spain?
                        What a year! we had the FIFA world cup, both Basketball and volleyball world championship games are ahead of us! Asian games and Asian football cup are also around the corner.

Comment

Looks like they are taking the Cup seriously and are trying to go for gold. I personally would have liked to see a younger team sent out for the games..
                          haven't heard much of Akbari for the past 3-4 years I think! he was a promising rising star back then, I remember him having a bad knee injury.
                          Is it clear which teams the National team will be playing against in preparation for the games in Spain?
                          What a year! we had the FIFA world cup, both Basketball and volleyball world championship games are ahead of us! Asian games and Asian football cup are also around the corner.
                          not really, it's a part of preparation for them. they wanted to send the B team in first place but changed their mind to use this tournament as a preparation for Asian Games in Incheon. even though they started trainings few weeks ago but it was mostly with B team players and key players joined the team only recently, (Haddadi will join tomorrow !)

and this is a strange squad, with only 3 guards ! they had some changes because of injuries and other reasons, Aslani was the last injured player. but I don't know why they didn't use Mashayekhi instead of someone like Zangeneh ! who won't get playing time because of Arsalan, Oshin and even Arghavan who can play as PF.

I think they announced their preparation plans but I just can't find the link to answer you right now ! if I'm not wrong they will go to Poland and Slovenia and probably more.

Comment

not really, it's a part of preparation for them. they wanted to send the B team in first place but changed their mind to use this tournament as a preparation for Asian Games in Incheon. even though they started trainings few weeks ago but it was mostly with B team players and key players joined the team only recently, (Haddadi will join tomorrow !)

and this is a strange squad, with only 3 guards ! they had some changes because of injuries and other reasons, Aslani was the last injured player. but I don't know why they didn't use Mashayekhi instead of someone like Zangeneh ! who won't get playing time because of Arsalan, Oshin and even Arghavan who can play as PF.

I think they announced their preparation plans but I just can't find the link to answer you right now ! if I'm not wrong they will go to Poland and Slovenia and probably more.
                            Thanks for the info Mohsen!
                            Looks like they heard you out and they have now included Mashayekhi in the squad (but unfortunately due to Aren Davoudi's injury).

Comment

Thanks for the info Mohsen!
                              Looks like they heard you out and they have now included Mashayekhi in the squad (but unfortunately due to Aren Davoudi's injury).
                              yes, I hope he is fine and can join the team later. Aren is an important player for the national team, actually we have problems in guard position

Kamrani and Afagh didn't join the team yet, they claim they are injured but apparently they are not THAT injured ! they made Becirovic mad, but it seems they will join the team right after this competition, injury was probably just an excuse, they had other personal reasons, Kamrani just got married.
                              Davarpanah, Aslani and now Davoudi are also injured, considering Davari's retirement, Memi had no other choice to use Yakhchali and Mashayekhi ! even though I think Yakhchali is his favorite player. another option could be Erfan Nasajpour but it seems he has administrative problems to play for out NT which didn't solve yet.

Samad also has a knee injury, he was in Europe to talk with some doctors, he has to rest to be in good shape for major tournaments.

Arsalan is in USA right now for NBA Summer League, he is supposed to join the team in Wuhan.

Comment

yes, I hope he is fine and can join the team later. Aren is an important player for the national team, actually we have problems in guard position

Kamrani and Afagh didn't join the team yet, they claim they are injured but apparently they are not THAT injured ! they made Becirovic mad, but it seems they will join the team right after this competition, injury was probably just an excuse, they had other personal reasons, Kamrani just got married.
                                Davarpanah, Aslani and now Davoudi are also injured, considering Davari's retirement, Memi had no other choice to use Yakhchali and Mashayekhi ! even though I think Yakhchali is his favorite player. another option could be Erfan Nasajpour but it seems he has administrative problems to play for out NT which didn't solve yet.

Samad also has a knee injury, he was in Europe to talk with some doctors, he has to rest to be in good shape for major tournaments.

Arsalan is in USA right now for NBA Summer League, he is supposed to join the team in Wuhan.
                                They always have a slow start in these tournaments.
                                Judging by the stat sheet both Yakhchali and Mashayekhi had a decent day (unfortunately I won't be able to watch the group stage games).
                                I hope that we can have an injury free squad for World cup unlike the last edition.
                                Arsalan Kazemi should be joining them in Wuhan I think soon, he is/was in orlando for 76ers summer league and it looks like he played 4 & 7 min in 2 games with just a few rebounds in each game.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information