Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Semi-Final Game : Philippines vs South Korea

Quote Originally Posted by darren_simion View Post
    They were trying to but according to Bristron, the referees were not calling it.
    Does this guy know its not that hard to foul?????? Has he ever heard hack a shaq??? Im the biggest critic of rp ball but at least tonight they deserve this win without someone saying anything like bias call or non call from refs.

finally at last!
    ================================================== =========================================

Quote Originally Posted by bristron View Post
    As I worried before, it become referee's game. 2Q non foul calls and 3Q offensive call made RP's point advantage. And in 4Q, RP's guards could shoot open 3p cuz their bigman's hard screen didn't called offensive foul.

I can't call it fair referees.

Next time I wish fair calls, nad good games.
    Don't you dare downplay our win. We fought sweat and blood for this deserving win. I had great respect for the Korean team as always but lost a lil bit of it when they(majority of them) didn't even had the sportsmanship to shake Gilas hands after the game. Respect for one great Korean American Eric Sandrin for having the initiative to congratulate and acknowledge Gilas.
    “My imagination is my private twin-engine jet plane. It takes me just about anywhere, anytime I want. It is also my time travel gizmo and my torture machine in one. Like a double edged sword, used clumsily could hurt the naive swordsman” ----- Kryptheous

Quote Originally Posted by Butata View Post
    I also think Taiwan deserves a slot in the World Cup. And if they win tomorrow, expect a Jeremy Lin sighting in Spain 2014.
    They would have to drop Quincy Davis, in the event Jeremy becomes naturalized. That wouldn't be worth it since Davis has been a big part of their success. Taiwan would lose more size and teams would just collapse on Jeremy. He'd be risking injury against the better teams. He already is loved in Taiwan, so there's really no rush for him to go play in FIBA.
    Last edited by DarknessFalls; 08-10-2013 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VII View Post
    Does this guy know its not that hard to foul?????? Has he ever heard hack a shaq??? Im the biggest critic of rp ball but at least tonight they deserve this win without someone saying anything like bias call or non call from refs.
    You should learn how to read sarcasms.

As I worried before, it become referee's game. 2Q non foul calls and 3Q offensive call made RP's point advantage. And in 4Q, RP's guards could shoot open 3p cuz their bigman's hard screen didn't called offensive foul.

I can't call it fair referees.

Next time I wish fair calls, nad good games.
    Lame!

Maybe youre not used seeing hard picks,but thats how it should be played. No lame ass sissy screens here. That sort of excuse is why your team lost. soft as shit
    <--- science always wins over bullshit --->

Congratz Gilas Pilipinas...

Default re

Quote Originally Posted by RetiredJordanStopper View Post
    Lame!

Maybe youre not used seeing hard picks,but thats how it should be played. No lame ass sissy screens here. That sort of excuse is why your team lost. soft as shit
    i feel pity on you.
    it was moving screen.
    its basic. u can move when u do screen.

just accept the fact the we won, your team lost.

even your players have accepted the defeat.

human nature. most probably if we lost the game we will blame the refs also, however the only difference is we will still accept that we lost to a better team.

i feel pity on you.
    it was moving screen.
    #parasabayan
    #GoGilas

i feel pity on you.
    it was moving screen.
    which screen?there were lots of screens last night.
    SK head coach doesn't even complain to the officiating last night, so why bother?
    We can have no progress without change, whether it be basketball or anything else

Yoo Jae Hak and Lee Seung Jun were giving praise to the Philippine team.

Quote Originally Posted by CKR13 View Post
    Yoo Jae-Hak with an interview with SBS-ESPN after the loss to the Philippines:

"They (Philippines) played better than us in the second half. They were making shot after shot and we lost our composure in the last three minutes."

Yoo said that they will give their all for their last game and a chance to make it to Spain.
    Quote Originally Posted by CKR13 View Post
    On Korea, Yoo Jae-Hak said that there was no shame in losing to the Philippines after the game and that lifted their spirits a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by spin.ph
    “He’s really strong. I mean, he beat us on all the hustle plays, those loose balls, rebounds and all the defensive stops,” Lee told Spin.ph after Gilas' 79-86 win in their highly-emotional Fiba-Asia semifinal match before more than 18,000 fans at the Mall of Asia Arena Saturday night.

"He was the biggest difference in the game."

- Lee on Marc Pingris

The Philippines won this fair square despite some Korean flops and a goal tending that was not called against Korea

So one cannot claim bias towards the Philippines bec there were calls that should have not been (flops) and goal tending that should have been called

Overall, good game. The lamest game the Philippines played was vs Hong Kong.

On a related note, I would love to hear from those who doubted Pingris and Alapag! They must be eating their dust now. Douthit must be proud that the team carried this game w/o him.

Quote Originally Posted by Toks View Post
    The Philippines won this fair square despite some Korean flops and a goal tending that was not called against Korea

So one cannot claim bias towards the Philippines bec there were calls that should have not been (flops) and goal tending that should have been called

Overall, good game. The lamest game the Philippines played was vs Hong Kong.

I can understand briston because his team just lost. A Blame Game is cool, but no one is perfect. Refs make mistakes sometimes. If you watch the replay again (english commentator), it was a fair play.

i feel pity on you.
    it was moving screen.
    Better stop watching basketball man, because youre just embarrassing yourself with your pitiful excuses. Moving picks my ass, sheesh! heck, even your players admitted they lost to a better team. Get over it.

Default re

2014. 9. 27. KOR 97 vs PHI 95

as I said before, that's the real result without your "over" homecourt advantage...

Also expected replys from RP fans.

Stats can be useless sometimes.
    If u made more foul and that doesn't call, that's unfair.
    and basketball is sports of flow. referees ruin flow in important time. that cant count on stats.

and I'm talking about referee problem. not rp's problem.
    but some guys act too much. i think thats cuz they know they had benefit from referee.

Home court advantage call can be occure.
    thats not a rp' fault.
    but im not happy cuz bad call/non call is too much.
    Ur players did good as we cant cover home calls.

But U can see the real result in long term. cuz u can't held all competition.

2014. 9. 27. KOR 97 vs PHI 95

as I said before, that's the real result without your "over" homecourt advantage...

[/COLOR]
    till next game, maybe both of us have no homecourt advantage..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345