Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Semi-Final Game : Philippines vs South Korea

Default Semi-Final Game : Philippines vs South Korea

I think the Philippines will win this one and it is very much due. A berth for the World Cup in Spain is at stake here and the final blockade for the Philippines return to the worlds is an age long nemesis. If the Philippines gets the crowd going early in the first quarter, Korea will fade, much like they did against Chinese Taipei in the Jones Cup.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

No better way of entering the World Championships than doing it at the expense of a long-time rival.

There is no more Sunday. Tomorrow is the championship game. It's win or go home time!

Man this is very exiting. Korea always killing the Philippines in the very last seconds. I hope it will never happen again.

Im a bit worried about Gilas at this point. This Korean team is young, but they are skilled and very active and disciplined defenders and quick on the break. Usually capitalizes on the other team's mistakes. And as long as I have been watching basketball in all levels, I haven't seen a team use the 1-3-1 zone as effective as this Korean team. 1-3-1 zone is a very tough defensive zone to break if the team employing it does it correctly by moving and being extra active. It also helps that they have Kim JS long arms to bother any passes to the inside. They are also shooting the ball really well. Haven't had a bad game all tourney long and hopefully it would be their time to miss and have a bad shooting day tommorrow.

I do hope Chot and his staff are watching film right now and be able to break than zone defense. One edge I do see for Gilas is their experience. Lets see tomorrow and hopefully it would be a great result for Gilas.

Quote Originally Posted by lbj_19 View Post
    Im a bit worried about Gilas at this point. This Korean team is young, but they are skilled and very active and disciplined defenders and quick on the break. Usually capitalizes on the other team's mistakes. And as long as I have been watching basketball in all levels, I haven't seen a team use the 1-3-1 zone as effective as this Korean team. 1-3-1 zone is a very tough defensive zone to break if the team employing it does it correctly by moving and being extra active. It also helps that they have Kim JS long arms to bother any passes to the inside. They are also shooting the ball really well. Haven't had a bad game all tourney long and hopefully it would be their time to miss and have a bad shooting day tommorrow.

I do hope Chot and his staff are watching film right now and be able to break than zone defense. One edge I do see for Gilas is their experience. Lets see tomorrow and hopefully it would be a great result for Gilas.
    Plus the homecourt advantage. Some of the Korean players are young and could get rattled when the crowd goes on a frenzy either from a long range bomb or an Aguilar dunk.
    Sacramento Kings

Quote Originally Posted by greenarcher View Post
    No better way of entering the World Championships than doing it at the expense of a long-time rival.

There is no more Sunday. Tomorrow is the championship game. It's win or go home time!
    There will be if CT upsets Iran lol

Quote Originally Posted by CKR13 View Post
    Plus the homecourt advantage. Some of the Korean players are young and could get rattled when the crowd goes on a frenzy either from a long range bomb or an Aguilar dunk.
    Yup, hopefully that too would happen.

This will be a trickier assignment as Korea has more than two players who need to be marked. Kazakhstan only had Jonson and Ponomarev so tight defense on those two did wonders for us. For Korea, we have to keep up with their up-tempo game and defense. It's not an easy assignment but we have to fight till the very end!
    "INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS."

I find these cool.

Japeth "Air" Aguilar

Cho Sung-Min
    Sacramento Kings

This guy Cho is really good. High basketball Iq. He is not that fast or athletic but still finds ways to score and get his points.

Quote Originally Posted by interxavierxxx View Post
    This will be a trickier assignment as Korea has more than two players who need to be marked. Kazakhstan only had Jonson and Ponomarev so tight defense on those two did wonders for us. For Korea, we have to keep up with their up-tempo game and defense. It's not an easy assignment but we have to fight till the very end!
    Yup as I said as well. This should entail 40 mins of hard work and discipline plus some luck.

To prepare myself for heartbreaking semifinals game..im predicting a south korea victory over smart gilas phils.
    “I think our point guards are small,” “Not to say that our point guards are not good, but I believe that we need bigger point guards.”
    - SBP President Manny V. Pangilinan

Wanted: Philippine version of Jordan's talented backcourt tandem of 6'5" Sam Daghlas & 6'4" Rashem Wright

Default Korean fans..

Quote Originally Posted by CKR13 View Post
    I think the Philippines will win this one and it is very much due. A berth for the World Cup in Spain is at stake here and the final blockade for the Philippines return to the worlds is an age long nemesis. If the Philippines gets the crowd going early in the first quarter, Korea will fade, much like they did against Chinese Taipei in the Jones Cup.
    Korean fans worry about homecourt advantages. They(& I) believe we can win this game if referee call is fair.

Korea team is improving even during the championship. They will not fade easily. They become defferent team compare to jones cup. Coach Yoo Jaehak even practice team deffense during ral games.

P.S no offense, I think Phillipine vs Taiwan game will be a very exiting game. really wonder Phillipine can revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by bristron View Post
    Korean fans worry about homecourt advantages. They(& I) believe we can win this game if referee call is fair.

Korea team is improving even during the championship. They will not fade easily. They become defferent team compare to jones cup. Coach Yoo Jaehak even practice team deffense during ral games.

I believe that referees will be fair tomorrow. It will be a game to watch.

Yes, I have seen Korea handle Iran much better in the first round compared to the Jones Cup. So far, Korea is rolling and this will be a very good game. Their defense is much improved due to practicing with foreign players. Korea is a resilient and discipline team.

Good luck to both teams tomorrow.
    Sacramento Kings

I get nervous everytime we face Korea. Talent wise, it's pretty much even... but somehow Korea seems to get the better of us in major tournaments, and they usually do it dramatically...

Hoping for a Pilipinas victory tomorrow.

Best of luck to both teams (a bit more for Pilipinas )

I wonder who Jinri Park will be rooting for tomorrow.

with no real offense in the post, korea mostly relies on teamwork and defense to win games. I don't think they have played a team that is as quick as them yet in this tournament. we'll see tomorrow if philippines quickness will give them problems. this team does'not look as scary shooting from the outside compared to past korean teams. I wonder if they would be willing to engage philippines to a shootout tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by budz17 View Post
    with no real offense in the post, korea mostly relies on teamwork and defense to win games. I don't think they have played a team that is as quick as them yet in this tournament. we'll see tomorrow if philippines quickness will give them problems. this team does'not look as scary shooting from the outside compared to past korean teams. I wonder if they would be willing to engage philippines to a shootout tomorrow.
    They may not look like it because of Haddadi but Iran is also a quick and very aggressive team.

What I hate about gilas is some of its players tendency to play hero ball and losing momentum after long streak like the way they played against taipei and qatar were they were leading by big margin only for the other team to cut it down. They were also in danger of letting the Kazakhstan close the gap until they imploded in the last half.
    Lets hope the home crowd plays a part and the team play desperation defense which i saw them play against qatar.

Quote Originally Posted by VII View Post
    What I hate about gilas is some of its players tendency to play hero ball and losing momentum after long streak like the way they played against taipei and qatar were they were leading by big margin only for the other team to cut it down. They were also in danger of letting the Kazakhstan close the gap until they imploded in the last half.
    Lets hope the home crowd plays a part and the team play desperation defense which i saw them play against qatar.
    lets give credit where credit is due. the kazakh game was very physical. a lesser team would have just mailed it in. not Gilas.

the kazakhs made a game of it by getting hot in 3pt land in the first half. when that went away, its all downhill by then. again, despite the physicality of kazakhstan, the players never backed down.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast