Semi-Final Game : Philippines vs South Korea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Semi-Final Game : Philippines vs South Korea

I think the Philippines will win this one and it is very much due. A berth for the World Cup in Spain is at stake here and the final blockade for the Philippines return to the worlds is an age long nemesis. If the Philippines gets the crowd going early in the first quarter, Korea will fade, much like they did against Chinese Taipei in the Jones Cup.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

No better way of entering the World Championships than doing it at the expense of a long-time rival.

There is no more Sunday. Tomorrow is the championship game. It's win or go home time!

Comment

Man this is very exiting. Korea always killing the Philippines in the very last seconds. I hope it will never happen again.

Comment

Im a bit worried about Gilas at this point. This Korean team is young, but they are skilled and very active and disciplined defenders and quick on the break. Usually capitalizes on the other team's mistakes. And as long as I have been watching basketball in all levels, I haven't seen a team use the 1-3-1 zone as effective as this Korean team. 1-3-1 zone is a very tough defensive zone to break if the team employing it does it correctly by moving and being extra active. It also helps that they have Kim JS long arms to bother any passes to the inside. They are also shooting the ball really well. Haven't had a bad game all tourney long and hopefully it would be their time to miss and have a bad shooting day tommorrow.

I do hope Chot and his staff are watching film right now and be able to break than zone defense. One edge I do see for Gilas is their experience. Lets see tomorrow and hopefully it would be a great result for Gilas.

Comment

Originally posted by lbj_19 View Post
          Im a bit worried about Gilas at this point. This Korean team is young, but they are skilled and very active and disciplined defenders and quick on the break. Usually capitalizes on the other team's mistakes. And as long as I have been watching basketball in all levels, I haven't seen a team use the 1-3-1 zone as effective as this Korean team. 1-3-1 zone is a very tough defensive zone to break if the team employing it does it correctly by moving and being extra active. It also helps that they have Kim JS long arms to bother any passes to the inside. They are also shooting the ball really well. Haven't had a bad game all tourney long and hopefully it would be their time to miss and have a bad shooting day tommorrow.

I do hope Chot and his staff are watching film right now and be able to break than zone defense. One edge I do see for Gilas is their experience. Lets see tomorrow and hopefully it would be a great result for Gilas.
          Plus the homecourt advantage. Some of the Korean players are young and could get rattled when the crowd goes on a frenzy either from a long range bomb or an Aguilar dunk.
          Sacramento Kings

Comment

Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
            No better way of entering the World Championships than doing it at the expense of a long-time rival.

There is no more Sunday. Tomorrow is the championship game. It's win or go home time!
            There will be if CT upsets Iran lol

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
              Plus the homecourt advantage. Some of the Korean players are young and could get rattled when the crowd goes on a frenzy either from a long range bomb or an Aguilar dunk.
              Yup, hopefully that too would happen.

Comment

This will be a trickier assignment as Korea has more than two players who need to be marked. Kazakhstan only had Jonson and Ponomarev so tight defense on those two did wonders for us. For Korea, we have to keep up with their up-tempo game and defense. It's not an easy assignment but we have to fight till the very end!
                GILAS WISHLIST:
                6'8 Pingris

Comment

I find these cool.

Japeth "Air" Aguilar

Cho Sung-Min
                  Sacramento Kings

Comment

This guy Cho is really good. High basketball Iq. He is not that fast or athletic but still finds ways to score and get his points.

Comment

Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
                      This will be a trickier assignment as Korea has more than two players who need to be marked. Kazakhstan only had Jonson and Ponomarev so tight defense on those two did wonders for us. For Korea, we have to keep up with their up-tempo game and defense. It's not an easy assignment but we have to fight till the very end!
                      Yup as I said as well. This should entail 40 mins of hard work and discipline plus some luck.

Comment

To prepare myself for heartbreaking semifinals game..im predicting a south korea victory over smart gilas phils.
                        “I think our point guards are small,” “Not to say that our point guards are not good, but I believe that we need bigger point guards.”
                        - SBP President Manny V. Pangilinan

Wanted: Philippine version of Jordan's talented backcourt tandem of 6'5" Sam Daghlas & 6'4" Rashem Wright

Comment

Korean fans..

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
                          I think the Philippines will win this one and it is very much due. A berth for the World Cup in Spain is at stake here and the final blockade for the Philippines return to the worlds is an age long nemesis. If the Philippines gets the crowd going early in the first quarter, Korea will fade, much like they did against Chinese Taipei in the Jones Cup.
                          Korean fans worry about homecourt advantages. They(& I) believe we can win this game if referee call is fair.

Korea team is improving even during the championship. They will not fade easily. They become defferent team compare to jones cup. Coach Yoo Jaehak even practice team deffense during ral games.

P.S no offense, I think Phillipine vs Taiwan game will be a very exiting game. really wonder Phillipine can revenge.
                          http://sports.khan.co.kr/news/sk_ind...d=530301&pt=nv

Comment

Originally posted by bristron View Post
                            Korean fans worry about homecourt advantages. They(& I) believe we can win this game if referee call is fair.

Korea team is improving even during the championship. They will not fade easily. They become defferent team compare to jones cup. Coach Yoo Jaehak even practice team deffense during ral games.

I believe that referees will be fair tomorrow. It will be a game to watch.

Yes, I have seen Korea handle Iran much better in the first round compared to the Jones Cup. So far, Korea is rolling and this will be a very good game. Their defense is much improved due to practicing with foreign players. Korea is a resilient and discipline team.

Good luck to both teams tomorrow.
                            Sacramento Kings

Comment

I get nervous everytime we face Korea. Talent wise, it's pretty much even... but somehow Korea seems to get the better of us in major tournaments, and they usually do it dramatically...

Hoping for a Pilipinas victory tomorrow.

Best of luck to both teams (a bit more for Pilipinas )

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information