Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Notable Missing Players 2013 edition

  1. #1
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    25,185

    Default Notable Missing Players 2013 edition

    Lebanon team
    China -> Liu Wei
    Philippines -> Kelly Williams, Jared Dillinger, Marcio Lassiter

  2. #2
    Senior Member Buran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Shiraz
    Posts
    621
    Country: Iran

    Default

    Iran:
    Aidin Nikkhah-Bahrami (Samad's brother who passed away in 2007).
    Arsalan Kazemi.

  3. #3
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    25,185

    Default

    China - Sun Yue
    Philippines Gary David

  4. #4
    Senior Member weward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,216
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    China - Sun Yue
    Philippines Gary David
    lol
    Gary David is a victim of those aliens in space jam.

    on-topic:
    Jordan:
    Sam Daghles
    Zaid Abbas
    Zaid Alkhas
    Islam Abbas
    Ayman Idais

    Japan:
    Takuya Kawamura

    SoKor:
    Ha Seunjin(sorry for murdering his name)

    China: Liu Wei

    Philippines:
    Kelly Williams
    Jared Dillinger
    Casio
    Lassiter
    Asi Taulava
    James Yap lol
    Caguioa lol
    Siegle lol
    J-Wash lol
    Last edited by weward; 08-05-2013 at 01:38 AM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member CKR13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    22,080
    Country: United States

    Default

    Japan
    Joji Takeuchi
    Takuya Kawamura
    Takumi Ishizaki
    Hironori Watanabe
    Takatoshi Furukawa

    South Korea
    Ha Seung-Jin (He's done)
    Oh Se-Keun
    Moon Tae-Jong (Too old)
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

  6. #6
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    25,185

    Default

    Taiwan - Jet Chang and Wu Tai Hao

    China - Li Yi and Ding Jinghui (oh they need firepower)

    Kazakhstan - Dmitry Gavrilov

    Jordan - Mousa? Alawadi
    The whole Syrian team

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Lebanon team
    China -> Liu Wei
    Philippines -> Kelly Williams, Jared Dillinger, Marcio Lassiter
    China:Zhang zhaoxu Ding jinghui Liu Wei Han Dejun Yi Li and so on

  8. #8
    Member lakers4sho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    66
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Is Marcio Lassiter ineligible? I was talking about it with someone and he mentioned something about not obtaining a passport before the age of 16 making him FIBA ineligible. But Marcio played in Wuhan right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buran View Post
    Iran:
    Aidin Nikkhah-Bahrami (Samad's brother who passed away in 2007).
    Arsalan Kazemi.
    How long do you think that Iran NT players who are born in 82-83 remain a good condition?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,193
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Malaysia: Kwaan Yoong Jing

  11. #11
    Senior Member Buran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Shiraz
    Posts
    621
    Country: Iran

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Bo McCalebb View Post
    How long do you think that Iran NT players who are born in 82-83 remain a good condition?
    I think this team could still be a strong contender in the next edition in 2015. In my opinion players under 35 could compete at the top level if they practice harder to stay in shape physically, and if they also remain hungry for win psychologically. We also do have younger players in their mid 20s on this squad who could eventually fully replace the aging players. There are also good prospects in the U19 team, which competed in Czech a few months ago. But one thing is certain, the current squad has been the golden generation of Iranian basketball up to now.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buran View Post
    I think this team could still be a strong contender in the next edition in 2015. In my opinion players under 35 could compete at the top level if they practice harder to stay in shape physically, and if they also remain hungry for win psychologically. We also do have younger players in their mid 20s on this squad who could eventually fully replace the aging players. There are also good prospects in the U19 team, which competed in Czech a few months ago. But one thing is certain, the current squad has been the golden generation of Iranian basketball up to now.
    Thank you。Now it is definitely the golden generation of Iran NT like us in Beijing Olympic Games.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    182
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Bo McCalebb View Post
    China:Zhang zhaoxu Ding jinghui Liu Wei Han Dejun Yi Li and so on
    China's team lost a lot of vets and why is that? I know Zhang and Liu Wei was injured but how about the others?

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lbj_19 View Post
    China's team lost a lot of vets and why is that? I know Zhang and Liu Wei was injured but how about the others?
    Yeah。You don't know real reason why we lost a lot of experienced player.Because this year the national games will be held in Liaoning .The game is more important than WC and Olympic games.Many teams are declined to let their players enter NT.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •