No announcement yet.

Lebanese National Team 2015 - Road to Rio de Janeiro 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is already Facebook page calling for the head of Walid Nassar - http://facebook.com/fireWalidNassar

The guy singlehandedly taking our lebanese basketball backwards 20 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by eshmawi View Post
      We failed to developer a lebanese center, we used to say foreigner is temporary until we develop one. we failed.
      And we failed to get a new KHATIB.

The NT is weak, dont think its even top 5 going to the tournament. Youngblood should light the score sheet.
      I agree with you with regards to the center.. but with regards to Khatib such players are a once in a generation type... we will have great players for sure in the future... Maybe one day Khatib's children might even be better than him.. or we'll see new other players.. as long as there is a passion for the sport of basketball in Lebanon we shouldn't be afraid... But for sure as long as such federations are in power they will repress the development of the game in Lebanon and especially with regards to the NT.

Comment

• Originally posted by eshmawi View Post
        There is already Facebook page calling for the head of Walid Nassar - http://facebook.com/fireWalidNassar

The guy singlehandedly taking our lebanese basketball backwards 20 years.
        How stupid?!!!!
        He's the only guy working in this federation, and for sure he's not the only one to blame.
        I'm not saying that he's not responsible for what's happening at all, but he did what he could.
        He got the sponsorship from Sanita, and what more could've be done for Fadi?!!! The guy paid a lot from his own money and you can't blame him if the ministry didn't fulfill it's promise.
        Stop attacking him for personal or whatever reason.

Comment

• I am inviting you to join the 2015 IBN FIBA Asia Prediction Game.

Click the link on my sig to start. Thanks.
          Originally posted by gideon
          Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

• TBH this is the best team you can send sans fadi (but considering the tiger is semi retired in nt already)
            To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
            1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Unfortunate setback for the Lebanese NT.. Both our PG's Rodrigue Akl and Wael Arakji got injured in practice Their recovery time is initially one week... I hope they can be ready to play in the first game vs. Chinese Taipei.. Wishing them a speedy recovery!

Comment

• Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
                Unfortunate setback for the Lebanese NT.. Both our PG's Rodrigue Akl and Wael Arakji got injured in practice Their recovery time is initially one week... I hope they can be ready to play in the first game vs. Chinese Taipei.. Wishing them a speedy recovery!
                Hello Khalid. Did Lebanon NT played in any pocket tournaments prior to FIBA-ASIA 2015? What is the atmosphere like in Lebanon with respect to the expectations for the team come FA 2015?

Comment

Unfortunate setback for the Lebanese NT.. Both our PG's Rodrigue Akl and Wael Arakji got injured in practice Their recovery time is initially one week... I hope they can be ready to play in the first game vs. Chinese Taipei.. Wishing them a speedy recovery!
                  is Rony Fahed retired?
                  Maybe you could include him for one last time!

Comment

• Originally posted by splitzapper View Post
                    Hello Khalid. Did Lebanon NT played in any pocket tournaments prior to FIBA-ASIA 2015? What is the atmosphere like in Lebanon with respect to the expectations for the team come FA 2015?
                    The Lebanese NT had a 2 week camp in Serbia and played against 5 Serbian teams including Partizan and Red Star (2 of the best teams in Serbia).. and then had a pocket tournament in Poland where they played against Poland, Iceland and Belgium and lost all 3 of these games against better teams who were just about to play in the European Championship

Regarding expectations.. they are mixed and vary from losing all games in the first round to winning the Asian Championship ... The thing for sure is that preparations since end of August haven't been good.. and we are missing players due to retirement, injuries, paperwork, etc...

Comment

• Originally posted by weward View Post
                      is Rony Fahed retired?
                      Maybe you could include him for one last time!
                      This is what many fans are calling for... the thing is if Rony hasn't been working out this summer we can't take him now to the NT with less than a week before the start of the tournament.. Moreover Rony is 34 now and he has previously retired a few years back stating that it's time for the younger players to take his place in the NT

Comment

• It turns out Rony will be a tv analyst for the upcoming Asian Championships

Comment

The Lebanese NT had a 2 week camp in Serbia and played against 5 Serbian teams including Partizan and Red Star (2 of the best teams in Serbia).. and then had a pocket tournament in Poland where they played against Poland, Iceland and Belgium and lost all 3 of these games against better teams who were just about to play in the European Championship

Regarding expectations.. they are mixed and vary from losing all games in the first round to winning the Asian Championship ... The thing for sure is that preparations since end of August haven't been good.. and we are missing players due to retirement, injuries, paperwork, etc...
                          Poland with Marcin Gortat on the team?
                          Originally posted by gideon
                          Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

Hope them back to court as soon as possible.Good Luck for Lebanon NT in AC.

Comment

• Originally posted by judasmartel View Post
                              Poland with Marcin Gortat on the team?
                              The same roster Poland played with in Eurobasket... So yes

Comment

• Originally posted by McCalebb2015 View Post
                                Hope them back to court as soon as possible.Good Luck for Lebanon NT in AC.
                                Duo xie Same for your team as well!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information