Page 3 of 101 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 2016

Thread: Kobe, Andre & Benjie Paras Basketball Family Thread

  1. #41
    Senior Member analyzed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    14,325

    Default

    Either i haven't seen much of his play prior to going to the US or he really has improved since getting there. Cause of the videos i've seen of him playing in the Philippines and the recent ones in LA, he looks like a significantly better player now. Making 3's , ball handling , slashing to the hoop etc.
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    777
    Country: Austria

  3. #43
    Senior Member digitalsuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bandung
    Posts
    9,608
    Country: Indonesia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    Either i haven't seen much of his play prior to going to the US or he really has improved since getting there. Cause of the videos i've seen of him playing in the Philippines and the recent ones in LA, he looks like a significantly better player now. Making 3's , ball handling , slashing to the hoop etc.
    he's more buffed now.

  4. #44
    Senior Member durden_tyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    14,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    he's more buffed now.
    More than the physical attributes i do think his confidence is something to be awed at. Mental toughness? i think he has it.
    If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

    SMALLBALL, bitches..

  5. #45
    Senior Member manu_bol's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,706

    Default

    he might not make it to the NBA, but i believe he will be a whole lot better than japeth

    skill set... basketball IQ... and this kid will peak at 6'8".

    and yes, mental toughness as we saw him already taking charge for his team.

  6. #46

    Default

    He gets an Abueva motor, he potentially can be a future NBA superstar. I'd bet my neighbor's blind cat that this is not all hype!

  7. #47
    Senior Member durden_tyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    14,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manu_bol View Post
    he might not make it to the NBA, but i believe he will be a whole lot better than japeth

    skill set... and this kid will peak at 6'8".
    That jumpshot (or lack thereof) will decide if he makes it or not. Release and form is still off but it's too early, still correctible.
    If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

    SMALLBALL, bitches..

  8. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by durden_tyler View Post
    That jumpshot (or lack thereof) will decide if he makes it or not. Release and form is still off but it's too early, still correctible.
    He gets in, it will not be because he can make jump shots. He has a few years to work on that just like any other NBA superstar! Hehehe

  9. #49
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    18,509
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam (a.k.a.) Tuwid View Post
    He gets an Abueva motor, he potentially can be a future NBA superstar. I'd bet my neighbor's blind cat that this is not all hype!
    Its better not to expect him yet. We know what happen with japeth hype.

  10. #50
    Senior Member manu_bol's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by durden_tyler View Post
    That jumpshot (or lack thereof) will decide if he makes it or not. Release and form is still off but it's too early, still correctible.
    same observation with his jumpshot form and release. yeah, it can be corrected and it will definitely change once he gets stronger in both arms.

  11. #51
    Senior Member manu_bol's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    Its better not to expect him yet. We know what happen with japeth hype.
    this kid thrives in hype and media attention... that's from having a celebrity dad and mom.

  12. #52
    Senior Member durden_tyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    14,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manu_bol View Post
    same observation with his jumpshot form and release. yeah, it can be corrected and it will definitely change once he gets stronger in both arms.
    Or better balance. Athleticism is there so emphasis on correctible.

    Glaring weakness anyone? Handles are fine (of course, needs to be improved) so with defense (active).
    If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

    SMALLBALL, bitches..

  13. #53
    Senior Member digitalsuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bandung
    Posts
    9,608
    Country: Indonesia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by durden_tyler View Post
    That jumpshot (or lack thereof) will decide if he makes it or not. Release and form is still off but it's too early, still correctible.
    he is still very young. theres a lot of room for improvement. im sure at UCLA he will improve more. also he now has upper body strength which is very good since when he was at DLSU he was scrawny.

    what i would like to see is for him to learn euro step. that would be awesome.

  14. #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    Its better not to expect him yet. We know what happen with japeth hype.
    Hype or not, if you have "the" Abueva motor, you're going places. Last time I saw those kind of motors in play, these individuals made it all the way, even making themselves senators.

  15. #55
    Senior Member digitalsuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bandung
    Posts
    9,608
    Country: Indonesia

    Default

    benjie should consider having more children. we could have Paras first 5.

  16. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8,248
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by durden_tyler View Post
    Or better balance. Athleticism is there so emphasis on correctible.

    Glaring weakness anyone? Handles are fine (of course, needs to be improved) so with defense (active).
    Maybe outside shooting. I've seen two games of Kobe with the RP U-18 team this year & from what I saw, Kobe hardly attempted from the outside. Maybe he wasn't given a license to shoot by the coach.

    From the latest highlight video, Kobe made some outside shoots but, what can we expect from "highlight" videos? If a player misses 9 of his 10 3pt. attempts, only the single shot that he made will appear in the highlight video while the 9 misses will not.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

  17. #57
    Senior Member C2Hamm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,733
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    benjie should consider having more children. we could have Paras first 5.
    his ex wife is relatively a big girl compared to most pinays. so if you want to pursue your recommendation, make sure you introduce a girl to Benjie that is similarly built or bigger.
    WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

    P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
    SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

  18. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    benjie should consider having more children. we could have Paras first 5.
    his youngest joined "bet on your baby" and has a projected height of 6'2

  19. #59
    Senior Member rkaede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    UAE
    Posts
    177
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    My cousin in LA told me that Kobe is still skinny and majority of his friends there are blacks.
    "THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE LEARNED THE HARDEST WAY"

  20. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    777
    Country: Austria

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Maybe outside shooting. I've seen two games of Kobe with the RP U-18 team this year & from what I saw, Kobe hardly attempted from the outside. Maybe he wasn't given a license to shoot by the coach.

    From the latest highlight video, Kobe made some outside shoots but, what can we expect from "highlight" videos? If a player misses 9 of his 10 3pt. attempts, only the single shot that he made will appear in the highlight video while the 9 misses will not.
    Mr. Clueless Jamskie please watch full games of kobe and his cathedral team heres the link.

    http://vimeo.com/m/middlebrooksbasketball

Page 3 of 101 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •