Page 107 of 108 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108 LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 2148

Thread: Kobe, Andre & Benjie Paras Basketball Family Thread

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I hope Kobe Paras is watching how Luka Doncics play. He can emulate how he plays. Luka may not be athletic but his dribbling fundamentals and court skills is superb. Kobe Paras height and heft isperfect for a Luka Doncics style of play. They are almost the same height.
    I saw him having a conversation with Lebron after their game face-to-face—Mavs vs. Lakers, and Luka was not even 6'8 as some initially claimed he was. He looked to be about two inches shorter than Lebrons who's 6'8 barefoot. Therefore, he's somewhere around 6'6 barefoot.

To give a comment on their height similarities, yes, they pretty much have the same height. Kobe's additional advantage over him though is his upper body structure. I mean, check the pic below:

I know it's still UAAP season but I cannot wait for him to go train with Kai in Atlanta or something.

Please, no more UAAP season for Kobe. He has already proven himself to be a force to be reckoned with. Right now, he needs a training similar to Kais.
    Last edited by Anonymous123; 11-03-2019 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    Kobe doesn’t have the IQ and experience of Doncic.....not possible to emulate him at this stage. And Luka is pretty athletic its just that everyone in the nba has insane athleticism. Plus Kobe is more of a 2/3 while Luka is a point guard.
    Another thing I wanna add is Paras also isn’t as creative a finisher and his passing is average.

SKinny Kobe vs Luka NBA

Kobe's head maybe a little smaller here but it's just his upper body that makes it look small.

Actually Kobe has higher vertical leap than Luka. Luka advantage is his IQ, his dribbling skills and court vision. That is why i hope Kobe is watching how Luka plays the game with poise and composure and proper fundamentals not relying to much on athletic ability. Almost the same physique, its a dream to have Kobe play like that. I see some glimpses of Luka like passing ability and dribbling skills and good three point shooting from Kobe. He just have to improve more his dribbling skills especially against zone traps and multiple defenders which is his weakness. Kobe needs to control his game and stop going for the home run all the time. Improve his decision making. He has to get out of UP to improve, especially with that bad system, he will just regress.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Luka is currently averaging 26/10/10 on 59% TS at 20 years old. No offense but Kobe is nowhere near his level or style of play. He needs to get out of the Philippines ASAP if he wants to improve a lot more

Luka is currently averaging 26/10/10 on 59% TS at 20 years old. No offense but Kobe is nowhere near his level or style of play. He needs to get out of the Philippines ASAP if he wants to improve a lot more
    he has wasted too much precious time which he could have used in developing his skills while young. ABL should be a good avenue as he will be competing with the big boys.
    on a side note he should very well start polishing his acting skills too as a back up in case all else fail
    I am not a six footer, so I play heavy metal instead...

Luka is a wizard with the ball. Seriously he's got better handles than most pgs. Kobe has zero chance of emulating his style of play. You can't add those skills if you're already in your 20s. What Kobe could do is avoid throwing wild layups and at least make his dribbling passable. Every drive is an adventure for him.

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    Luka is a wizard with the ball. Seriously he's got better handles than most pgs. Kobe has zero chance of emulating his style of play. You can't add those skills if you're already in your 20s. What Kobe could do is avoid throwing wild layups and at least make his dribbling passable. Every drive is an adventure for him.
    Yup wouldn’t be surprised if he was top 10 by the end of the season since he is playing like a top 5 now.

it would be nice if an NBL team would sign him or even a G league team.I know the G league has better pay now than it has before.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gleague...19-season/amp/
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

As much as I think Kobe has potential, I can't believe there are posters (or maybe a poster) who are (is) comparing Kobe Paras to Luka Doncic.................................

^true I laughed when I saw it. Doncic is a future superstar and will probably be all nba and/or all star this season

Maybe I'm expecting to much from Kobe. Or its because they almost have the same physique and demeanor or boyish looks hehe. But I hope he picks even just 30% of Luka's game especially the dribbling. Kobe has to learn how to attack a crowded lane and to finish smoothly and not just throw awkward shots when rattled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Luka's game starts with his great court vision and high basketball IQ. His goal is to always get his teammates open looks and deliver them the ball with his passing skills. He just uses his shooting and scoring ability to keep the defense honest and when the defense is tight (mostly during crunch time) where passing the ball in traffic would be too risky.

Kobe Paras's game is the other way around. His game is built on his scoring ability. If i recall correctly, he mentioned that he patterned his game to james yap. He relies on himselft being a scoring threat anywhere on the court, demanding the whole defense's attention. If the defense collapse, only then will he turn into a willing passer and distribute the ball to his teammates.

There is a fundamental difference in their games. I think it would be unwise for us to look for luka's game in kobe's.

this thread has gone downhill..again

Quote Originally Posted by magic_chiongson View Post
    this thread has gone downhill..again
    Crazy ideas like for example Kobe is like Luka while Kai is like Porzingis. Just making fun comparison, but you will never know, both Kobe and Kai are still young and still lots of potentials.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by FITL View Post
    As much as I think Kobe has potential, I can't believe there are posters (or maybe a poster) who are (is) comparing Kobe Paras to Luka Doncic.................................
    Lamang lang ng isang paligo si Kobe kay Luka.

Translation: Someone wants to see Kobe and Luka shower together

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Crazy ideas like for example Kobe is like Luka while Kai is like Porzingis. Just making fun comparison, but you will never know, both Kobe and Kai are still young and still lots of potentials.
    Hey! I still think Kai can be like Porzingis. It's not out of the realm of possibility.

Sorry for the OT haha

Yeah....Luka is gonna be one of the GOATS when its all said and done. He even said when he first entered the nba that is was easier than he thought which is scary af. Mavs went from Dirk to Luka real quick lol.

sorry for OT

Now, it's really time to go PRO for Kobe. Playing for UP game him the experience though he is in a bad system under Bo. He had burned already 4 years in college.
    "THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE LEARNED THE HARDEST WAY"

NBA is a business and the one job opening that they always have for wing players, 3 and D.

For Kobe to make it he needs to emphasize on rebounding, hustling, and quickly pick up defensive schemes from a coach to get a shot. Defense is an important pre-requisite for any level entry position in an NBA roster roster. Especially for an undrafted guy.

There is only one basketball and a majority of NBA guys were the Man at one point of their High school, College or a previous franchise. A majority of NBA players can score but not a lot can do the dirty work like rebounding, hustling, or playing defense.

The NBA is a star powered league with a hierarchy, say Kobe makes it. Realistically he will only get anywhere from 3-6 shots a game at best but he has to average 36-40 % from 3 since he will just be a floor spacer in any team since coaches wont invest in unknown guys. But say he shoots below that, being a good defender will compel coaches to give him playing time.(Andre Roberson is a good example and in Gilas thats Norwood's main job really)

Understand that for Gleague guys and non drafted players, they won't be given any greenlight. They have to fight and do all the little things to not get replaced. Kobe has to be a blue collar player to make it. Its not skill set that Kobe doesn't have, its a mentally and work ethic he has to choose to do. Look at an out of shape Jared Dudley who still has a job. He and other defensive guys like PJ Tucker prove anyone can play defense if they are willing to work hard, study up defensive schemes, and hustle.

Kobe's handlers also needs to see what Jonathon Simmons did. He was a community college basketball player and undrafted guy who had to pay $100 bucks to try out with the spurs. He like Kobe is a 6'5 athletic Iso Slasher with 3 point range and limited off the dribble. However, Simmons earned his way to the Gleague with defense and work ethic in the summer league. Pop was impressed and signed him to the Spurs roster. After playing a few years, he developed a few more skills and received a contract over 10 million dollars.

Kobe doesn't need to be Luka to make it. What he does need is to play good D, do the little things, have a consistent shot and be humble. The NBA and other leagues will consider him if he becomes that guy.
    Last edited by anon9000; 11-21-2019 at 12:33 PM.

Page 107 of 108 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108 LastLast