Page 92 of 94 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 1878

Thread: Kobe, Andre & Benjie Paras Basketball Family Thread

he needs motivation and dedication. work ethic is something missing for kobe.. as seen on kai's video you can see his dedication to improve his game. and you wonder, kobe is the ambassador of 3x3 and yet never played yet in new iteration of 3x3..

my guess kobe will spend only 1 year in UP and go pro and play with ALAB..

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    Kobe is a smart kid(im basing this statement on his grades)
    but he needs to be practical and focus.Maybe a sports psychologist/life coach may help and of course a very good skills coach and a physical trainer to keep him on top shape.He's got some good advisers already,his dad and his godfather.Maybe some help from the professionals i've mentioned would make him hungrier for success.
    being able to make it to UCLA(or close enough haha) means he is smart. but his hundreds of thousands of followers and screaming girls inside the arenas while he's playing got inside his head and now its too big.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    he needs motivation and dedication. work ethic is something missing for kobe.. as seen on kai's video you can see his dedication to improve his game. and you wonder, kobe is the ambassador of 3x3 and yet never played yet in new iteration of 3x3..

my guess kobe will spend only 1 year in UP and go pro and play with ALAB..
    good thing about the Philippines is that they could earn while being an athlete.I suggest he should get the training during off season of the UAAP and be better and get a degree in UP.Parks entered the PBA at 26, Kobe is 20-21?
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

If Kiefer was able to do it so Kobe can too.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous123 View Post
    If Kiefer was able to do it so Kobe can too.

Wait..do what? What has Kiefer done? Last I checked he ended up in the PBA and is currently suspended. Bad analogy.

He's ahead of the game being a 6'6" guy obviously but I don't want to see him play in PBA d-league personally and even in the PBA eventually for that matter. I would love to see Kobe still try his luck abroad (US). Train (intensely) maybe for a couple or even several months after his UAAP stint (just like Kai in Atlanta), and then try NBA draft. Who knows, there might be teams that would show interest in him being 6'6-6'7 who can shoot (just not consistently) with somewhat above average body frame (better than Luka Doncic as far as I'm concerned) and outstanding length and size. If things don't workout out and sure it will not, he can try G-league as well. From there he can further his skillsets even more.
    Ohhh boyy....Kobe this early is already a lost cause. His ego will not get him anywhere. Plus even if he tried to go to the NBA draft in the next few years, he doesn't bring anything new to the table that teams would look for. There are dozens in the US of 6'6" guys who are way way ahead of him in terms of talent, skill and athleticism who would be looked at first, not to mention there are so many who never made it that are way better than Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by geohunk View Post
    Ohhh boyy....Kobe this early is already a lost cause. His ego will not get him anywhere. Plus even if he tried to go to the NBA draft in the next few years, he doesn't bring anything new to the table that teams would look for. There are dozens in the US of 6'6" guys who are way way ahead of him in terms of talent, skill and athleticism who would be looked at first, not to mention there are so many who never made it that are way better than Kobe.
    There is still hope for his ego. I wouldn’t call him a lost cause (not yet anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by geohunk View Post
    Wait..do what? What has Kiefer done? Last I checked he ended up in the PBA and is currently suspended. Bad analogy.
    he means go to US and train there. practice player for texas legends..

kobe must have dedication and motivation to improve himself.. if only he does that in creighton.. sadly nag madali sa life..

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    good thing about the Philippines is that they could earn while being an athlete.I suggest he should get the training during off season of the UAAP and be better and get a degree in UP.Parks entered the PBA at 26, Kobe is 20-21?
    don't be surprise if he goes one and done
    knowing kobe, he loves rushing up things.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    he means go to US and train there. practice player for texas legends..

kobe must have dedication and motivation to improve himself.. if only he does that in creighton.. sadly nag madali sa life..
    This...

I don't get it why he didn't get what I meant.

Someone is suggesting Kobe to go pro. Obviously not me. Would this pan out?

https://twitter.com/buhaykulangot/st...76904330334211

Many would be so upset to Kobe for sure for always not following through on his words and commitments.

It would be very unfortunate for him to just change plans to go pro because say, kai sotto will do so. Kai has been a Fiba nt player since he was 15, and would certainly have played loads of competitive near-pro and even nba-level quality games by 21 than kobe can even hope for. As the recent training videos indicate, kai's shooting abilities likely exceed even those of the average pba guard at just 17. His international stats cant even be touched by the known best pba players.

Kobe has also dismal to no record of organized 5x5 battles in the usa, and rumor may be true that his belief about himself exceeds his abilities. The uaap and local tourneys will give him the time to develop a very disciplined approach and efficient style that yields 15 points, 10 rebounds, 5 assists and lots of wins night after night. Im sure that, even today, that is what any coach -- including the vastly disappointed american coaches -- expects of him. His continual record of failings was always about the lack of personal accountability for good results. So far, he has shown nothing but 555 endo results -- a worker who never gets a permanent job and is terminated by the 4th or 5th month for too-ordinary performance.

If he wants to be paid well as a pro, he should apply instead as the lead actor for popular shows like ang probinsyano. A certain actor who got the approval of sroses thus ended up so far with a net worth of usd20 million, instead of becoming a tricycle or jeepney driver.

His fans in social media do him a very serious disservice by lying that he is a very good or exceptional player. He wasnt and still isnt. Telling him the truth will help him much more. He wasted at least 4 years of his life because the kobe that returned was still very raw. A sports psychologist can help him set up personal devt priorities and to embrace the high sacrifices needed to become a top baller.
    Last edited by ccharmed; 05-27-2019 at 03:07 PM.

its not bad to be a uaap and get a diploma.I think extra effort will be a form of 1 on 1 skills training preferably with a foreign skills coach.I wonder why he was not invited by mighty sports.I think this year's competition will be very good as compared to the regular jones cup teams,this will benefit him tremendously.PT wise he can train with the local trainers but we have yet to see him in the best shape of his life,while i feel having a schedule with Drew Hanlen is a must he could supplement those with some sessions with Taylor Statham or some other local skills coach.Dedication and extra hours are the key.

Last edited by Alex07; 05-28-2019 at 12:44 AM.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Quote Originally Posted by ccharmed View Post
    It would be very unfortunate for him to just change plans to go pro because say, kai sotto will do so. Kai has been a Fiba nt player since he was 15, and would certainly have played loads of competitive near-pro and even nba-level quality games by 21 than kobe can even hope for. As the recent training videos indicate, kai's shooting abilities likely exceed even those of the average pba guard at just 17. His international stats cant even be touched by the known best pba players.
    Good point bro.

When was the last time I've seen a Pinoy standing at least 6-foot-8 and above who can shoot threes like that? Perhaps almost 10 years ago in Mick Penisi & Yancy Deocampo.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Good point bro.

When was the last time I've seen a Pinoy standing at least 6-foot-8 and above who can shoot threes like that? Perhaps almost 10 years ago in Mick Penisi & Yancy Deocampo.
    Any professional basketball player even in the pba can shoot consistently unguarded from the perimeter (once saw giovanni pineda not miss from 3 in a shootaround). Muscle memory na yan... They are pros anyway, they shoot like a minimum 100 shots a day in practice. Kai doing that is now pro-level. Its not naman dahil sa america lng yan at wala dito. The key is repetition and Kai has the discipline for that.

Pero in-game na may depensa, ibang usapan na yan
    smart gilas 1.0:
    98-75-3
    gilas 2.0:
    35-12-1
    gilas 2014:
    14-15-0
    gilas 3.0:
    16-7-0

Kobe taking a break from Social Media? Mhmmm...I have a good feeling about this. He's probably gonna go full tilt with his training.

BREAK A LEG!!!

Kobe taking a break from Social Media? Mhmmm...I have a good feeling about this. He's probably gonna go at full tilt with his training.

BREAK A LEG!!!
    Lets pray to the basketball gods

Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    Lets pray to the basketball gods
    Yeah man...fuk social media. It's just nothing but an absolute distraction.

Kawhi Leonard doesn't even have social media himself and look where he is now. I'm so excited for the NBA finals btw. lol

I'm rooting for the Raptors.

Yeah man...fuk social media. It's just nothing but an absolute distraction.

Kawhi Leonard doesn't even have social media himself and look where he is now. I'm so excited for the NBA finals btw. lol

I'm rooting for the Raptors.
    Rooting for no one but still expect series to be 4-2 gsw

Kobe taking a break from Social Media? Mhmmm...I have a good feeling about this. He's probably gonna go full tilt with his training.

BREAK A LEG!!!
    His last Twitter post was something like "If i have failed, at least I tried"

Whatever that means

Page 92 of 94 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 LastLast