This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Anonymous123 View Post
    The game here is subpar. I would let Kobe train like Kai as I have said and try G-league afterwards. It's all about rolling the dice here now. If it ultimately doesn't work out, then surely he can continue playing here. I don't see anything wrong with trying though. Remember Kiefer, BRP Jr and Japeth. They have all tried. Why not Kobe? And currently, we have Kai that some of us here are really excited about except Kokoy lol.
    IMHO, if BRP only got that much playing time in the G-league, I dont think kobe paras is gonna make it or if he does(based on potential), not sure if he is gonna get playing time. Yes he is taller and a lot more athletic, but if he acts and moves the way he does now(DIVA - he seriously plays like he is a special basketball player), specially on defense, I dont think he will survive, seeing all the interviews and documentaries, the NBA is a grind. You play and practice during work hours and you practice and workout during your free time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ayban View Post
      IMHO, if BRP only got that much playing time in the G-league, I dont think kobe paras is gonna make it or if he does(based on potential), not sure if he is gonna get playing time. Yes he is taller and a lot more athletic, but if he acts and moves the way he does now(DIVA - he seriously plays like he is a special basketball player), specially on defense, I dont think he will survive, seeing all the interviews and documentaries, the NBA is a grind. You play and practice during work hours and you practice and workout during your free time.
      Parks was just "praktikal" if he stayed in d league for a year or two more he would get an andre ingram like treatment..
      To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
      1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Kobe is a smart kid(im basing this statement on his grades)
        but he needs to be practical and focus.Maybe a sports psychologist/life coach may help and of course a very good skills coach and a physical trainer to keep him on top shape.He's got some good advisers already,his dad and his godfather.Maybe some help from the professionals i've mentioned would make him hungrier for success.
        "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• I can see kobe as a 3pt/Slasher/Defender type guy.

Comment

• He needs to learn how to play proper basketball first before dreaming of the g league, he just screams Al Husseini 2.0 for me right now

Comment

• he needs motivation and dedication. work ethic is something missing for kobe.. as seen on kai's video you can see his dedication to improve his game. and you wonder, kobe is the ambassador of 3x3 and yet never played yet in new iteration of 3x3..

my guess kobe will spend only 1 year in UP and go pro and play with ALAB..
              Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                Kobe is a smart kid(im basing this statement on his grades)
                but he needs to be practical and focus.Maybe a sports psychologist/life coach may help and of course a very good skills coach and a physical trainer to keep him on top shape.He's got some good advisers already,his dad and his godfather.Maybe some help from the professionals i've mentioned would make him hungrier for success.
                being able to make it to UCLA(or close enough haha) means he is smart. but his hundreds of thousands of followers and screaming girls inside the arenas while he's playing got inside his head and now its too big.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                  he needs motivation and dedication. work ethic is something missing for kobe.. as seen on kai's video you can see his dedication to improve his game. and you wonder, kobe is the ambassador of 3x3 and yet never played yet in new iteration of 3x3..

my guess kobe will spend only 1 year in UP and go pro and play with ALAB..
                  good thing about the Philippines is that they could earn while being an athlete.I suggest he should get the training during off season of the UAAP and be better and get a degree in UP.Parks entered the PBA at 26, Kobe is 20-21?
                  "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• If Kiefer was able to do it so Kobe can too.

Comment

If Kiefer was able to do it so Kobe can too.

Wait..do what? What has Kiefer done? Last I checked he ended up in the PBA and is currently suspended. Bad analogy.
                      Originally posted by PeeZones
                      Kai is a top ten lottery pick come draft day and the best team for him is the spurs...Kai is way more skilled OFFENSIVELY than duncan, yao, aldridge, kp. etc..Kai is way better offensively than Porzingis by a mile...Kareem isnt really way far than Kai..decent bball IQ for both MJ and Kobe but Kai belongs to the highly skilled and high IQ players...I see talent clearly and they cant.

Comment

He's ahead of the game being a 6'6" guy obviously but I don't want to see him play in PBA d-league personally and even in the PBA eventually for that matter. I would love to see Kobe still try his luck abroad (US). Train (intensely) maybe for a couple or even several months after his UAAP stint (just like Kai in Atlanta), and then try NBA draft. Who knows, there might be teams that would show interest in him being 6'6-6'7 who can shoot (just not consistently) with somewhat above average body frame (better than Luka Doncic as far as I'm concerned) and outstanding length and size. If things don't workout out and sure it will not, he can try G-league as well. From there he can further his skillsets even more.
                        Ohhh boyy....Kobe this early is already a lost cause. His ego will not get him anywhere. Plus even if he tried to go to the NBA draft in the next few years, he doesn't bring anything new to the table that teams would look for. There are dozens in the US of 6'6" guys who are way way ahead of him in terms of talent, skill and athleticism who would be looked at first, not to mention there are so many who never made it that are way better than Kobe.
                        Originally posted by PeeZones
                        Kai is a top ten lottery pick come draft day and the best team for him is the spurs...Kai is way more skilled OFFENSIVELY than duncan, yao, aldridge, kp. etc..Kai is way better offensively than Porzingis by a mile...Kareem isnt really way far than Kai..decent bball IQ for both MJ and Kobe but Kai belongs to the highly skilled and high IQ players...I see talent clearly and they cant.

Comment

• Originally posted by geohunk View Post
                          Ohhh boyy....Kobe this early is already a lost cause. His ego will not get him anywhere. Plus even if he tried to go to the NBA draft in the next few years, he doesn't bring anything new to the table that teams would look for. There are dozens in the US of 6'6" guys who are way way ahead of him in terms of talent, skill and athleticism who would be looked at first, not to mention there are so many who never made it that are way better than Kobe.
                          There is still hope for his ego. I wouldn’t call him a lost cause (not yet anyway)

Comment

• Originally posted by geohunk View Post
                            Wait..do what? What has Kiefer done? Last I checked he ended up in the PBA and is currently suspended. Bad analogy.
                            he means go to US and train there. practice player for texas legends..

kobe must have dedication and motivation to improve himself.. if only he does that in creighton.. sadly nag madali sa life..

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                              good thing about the Philippines is that they could earn while being an athlete.I suggest he should get the training during off season of the UAAP and be better and get a degree in UP.Parks entered the PBA at 26, Kobe is 20-21?
                              don't be surprise if he goes one and done
                              knowing kobe, he loves rushing up things.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                                he means go to US and train there. practice player for texas legends..

kobe must have dedication and motivation to improve himself.. if only he does that in creighton.. sadly nag madali sa life..
                                This...

I don't get it why he didn't get what I meant.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information