This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beansent View Post
    the kid's head is big so he needs an ego buster coach who will discipline him, shout out expletives and curse him in front of everyone if he commits mistakes and will make him realize that the team is bigger than himself. Atleast that's how an oldschool father teaches discipline which he lacked throughout his lifetime (kumedyanteng tatay, lumaking galit sa sariling nanay) I think his upbringing has something to do with what he is now, compare it to say Junmar (read his art in spin https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/j...=home_hybrid_1)
    Well his brother is really nice and respectful grew up in the same household. Kobe Feels like hes has no wrong and people here are doing the same blaming coaches, his parents where the change starts with him.

Comment

• Benjie has another son right? Maybe he’ll finally be the good one. Not to make excuses but kobe and andre grew up in a less than ideal family,

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Yabuki View Post
        Benjie has another son right? Maybe he’ll finally be the good one. Not to make excuses but kobe and andre grew up in a less than ideal family,
        When you grow up getting the superstar treatment, you are bound to become an entitled brat who doesn't know shit about earning your minutes.

Let's be real here. Kobe wants guaranteed minutes and a starting slot.

Yeah, that is not how it works in the big leagues.
        GILAS WISHLIST:
        6'8 Pingris

Comment

• Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
          When you grow up getting the superstar treatment, you are bound to become an entitled brat who doesn't know shit about earning your minutes.

Let's be real here. Kobe wants guaranteed minutes and a starting slot.

Yeah, that is not how it works in the big leagues.
          Gonna get a real wake up call once he gets drafted

Comment

• Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

This is perhaps the most impressive game of Kobe that I've seen so far, specially 3-pt shooting-wise. Still, I saw some downsides in that game. He shot well from afar only in the 1st quarter & suddenly went cold throughout the game. His shot selection is still very poor, which says a lot of his basketball I. Q. (or the lack there of). There's always that "gigil" factor in him which has a negative effect in his game. Kobe really needs a lot of maturity & discipline in his game.

No doubt he packs a lot of promise - he is athletic, is "tall" for the position he plays (by Pinoy standards), he has some shooting (needs to be consistent though) & I think his handles aren't that bad, it just needs some polishing. One upside I see with Kobe is his explosive jab step in driving to the lane. His first two steps driving to the lane are as quick as our 6-foot-1/6-foot-2 shooting guards in the PBA.

I think it would be better for Kobe if he plays in the PBA D-league after his stint with UP in this coming UAAP season. The D-league's level of competition is higher than the UAAP or the NCAA.

Notice Kobe's explosive steps in driving to the lane: fast forward at 1:49 & 1:58

Check out more of Sports5!Website: http://www.Sports5.ph Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Sports5PHTwitter: https://twitter.com/Sports5ph
            "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• He's ahead of the game being a 6'6" guy obviously but I don't want to see him play in PBA d-league personally and even in the PBA eventually for that matter. I would love to see Kobe still try his luck abroad (US). Train (intensely) maybe for a couple or even several months after his UAAP stint (just like Kai in Atlanta), and then try NBA draft. Who knows, there might be teams that would show interest in him being 6'6-6'7 who can shoot (just not consistently) with somewhat above average body frame (better than Luka Doncic as far as I'm concerned) and outstanding length and size. If things don't workout out and sure it will not, he can try G-league as well. From there he can further his skillsets even more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymous123 View Post
                He's ahead of the game being a 6'6" guy obviously but I don't want to see him play in PBA d-league personally and even in the PBA eventually for that matter. I would love to see Kobe still try his luck abroad (US). Train (intensely) maybe for a couple or even several months after his UAAP stint (just like Kai in Atlanta), and then try NBA draft. Who knows, there might be teams that would show interest in him being 6'6-6'7 who can shoot (just not consistently) with somewhat above average body frame (better than Luka Doncic as far as I'm concerned) and outstanding length and size. If things don't workout out and sure it will not, he can try G-league as well. From there he can further his skillsets even more.
                G League is not a bad choice.The pay has become more competitive than what it was before,I think a player can earn as much as $385,000 for a two way contract.(source:https://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...417-story.html) plus bonuses.
                "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                  G League is not a bad choice.The pay has become more competitive than what it was before,I think a player can earn as much as $385,000 for a two way contract.(source:https://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...417-story.html) plus bonuses.
                  Let's all hope chooks to go sponsor his training as well as they did to Kai.

Comment

He's ahead of the game being a 6'6" guy obviously but I don't want to see him play in PBA d-league personally and even in the PBA eventually for that matter. I would love to see Kobe still try his luck abroad (US). Train (intensely) maybe for a couple or even several months after his UAAP stint (just like Kai in Atlanta), and then try NBA draft. Who knows, there might be teams that would show interest in him being 6'6-6'7 who can shoot (just not consistently) with somewhat above average body frame (better than Luka Doncic as far as I'm concerned) and outstanding length and size. If things don't workout out and sure it will not, he can try G-league as well. From there he can further his skillsets even more.
                    If he goes abroad, US in particular, he won't get the playing time he'll need to improve. And at 21, I think it would be a bit late for him to play college basketball there.

G-league? Do U think he is good enough to make it even in the G-league?

I've tempered down my expectation on Kobe since he came home from the States & preferred to play college ball in the UAAP and seeing his game with the Gilas cadets in last year's Fil-oil Flying V Preseason Cup. My thinking is that, at least if Kobe plays in the PBA D-league, he will get significant playing time with whatever team he plays there. Say 20+ mins. of playing time per game won't be bad. Also, in 2 years time, Kobe would be eligible to play in the PBA. I think PBA level competition would be good enough for Kobe. As for Kobe's NBA dream, lets forget about it. Its like throwing a snowball in hell.

I'm just being realistic.
                    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                      If he goes abroad, US in particular, he won't get the playing time he'll need to improve. And at 21, I think it would be a bit late for him to play college basketball there.

I've tempered down my expectation on Kobe since he came home from the States & preferred to play college ball in the UAAP and seeing his game with the Gilas cadets in last year's Fil-oil Flying V Preseason Cup. My thinking is that, at least if Kobe plays in the PBA D-league, he will get significant playing time with whatever team he plays there. Say 20+ mins. of playing time per game won't be bad. Also, in 2 years time, Kobe would be eligible to play in the PBA. I think PBA level competition would be good enough for Kobe. As for Kobe's NBA dream, lets forget about it. Its like throwing a snowball in hell.

An even better question, what type of small forward should he be?
                      GILAS WISHLIST:
                      6'8 Pingris

Comment

• If only Kobe has the basketball I. Q. of Kiefer Ravena & the discipline of Kai Sotto, I won't raise my eyebrow about the NBA dream. But with what Kobe has exhibited, the NBA dream would be like "suntok sa planet Pluto".

Comment

• Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
                          An even better question, what type of small forward should he be?
                          Good question.

A slasher type of a small forward with a respectable 3-pt. shooting. I think he has that kind of skill-set. Just needs some polishing.

What do U think bro?

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post

The game here is subpar. I would let Kobe train like Kai as I have said and try G-league afterwards. It's all about rolling the dice here now. If it ultimately doesn't work out, then surely he can continue playing here. I don't see anything wrong with trying though. Remember Kiefer, BRP Jr and Japeth. They have all tried. Why not Kobe? And currently, we have Kai that some of us here are really excited about except Kokoy lol.

Comment

The game here is subpar. I would let Kobe train like Kai as I have said and try G-league afterwards. It's all about rolling the dice here now. If it ultimately doesn't work out, then surely he can continue playing here. I don't see anything wrong with trying though. Remember Kiefer, BRP Jr and Japeth. They have all tried. Why not Kobe? And currently, we have Kai that some of us here are really excited about except Kokoy lol.
                              The thing is, what have Kobe learned playing high school basketball in the US & spending some years in college there? The only positive thing I see in Kobe spending around 4 years in the US is the fact that at least he plays his natural position as a small forward. In which if he played high school & college ball exclusively in the Philippines, baka pinaglaro sya ng "four" position.

Comment

• If Paras makes it in the G-league i think his PBA draft stock will rise,however i feel he should have done it earlier, going there instead of playing in the UAAP.He should make an appointment with Drew Hanlen.

"How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information