X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Being described by no less than the late coach Ron Jacobs as the most skilled PBA player during his era is no mean feat. I say Meneses is one of the best (if not the best) natural small forward ever to play in the PBA. I'll take a Kobe Paras possesing 80% of Meneses' offensive skills.
    I only saw the 2000's version of Meneses and he was a big problem. It's kinda hard for me to see Paras being that methodical and precise. Every move that he made seemed planned. Compare that to Kobe who to me looks like someone who just forces things up. Medyo madami pang kakaining bigas si Kobe..

Comment

• I just hope EWP will bring out the best of Kobe Paras

Comment

• Paras can’t get a break. Even lolo Toroman is criticizing his decision to train with EWP.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
          I only saw the 2000's version of Meneses and he was a big problem. It's kinda hard for me to see Paras being that methodical and precise. Every move that he made seemed planned. Compare that to Kobe who to me looks like someone who just forces things up. Medyo madami pang kakaining bigas si Kobe..
          he was already past his prime in 2000. still played well after a couple of years.

but he was at his best in d mid to late 90s.

Comment

6-foot-6 player who plays like Kobe (can play the wing) from the past is an "abnormal"

I mean, it almost never existed. The only player I can think of is Danny Seigle. Yun talaga highly skilled & athletic 6-foot-6 small forward but other than him, wala na.

The closest player from the past to have some wingman skills was Mon Fernandez becoz at his height of 6-4 or 6-5, he had pretty decent handles, but Fernandez lacked outside shooting & he played as a big man.
            hmm how about prime Kelly Williams (before getting the blood disease)?, oh wait he never played SG (not agile enough like Danny S)

Comment

• Originally posted by CoJ View Post
              hmm how about prime Kelly Williams (before getting the blood disease)?, oh wait he never played SG (not agile enough like Danny S)
              Kelly Williams' outside shooting has been suspect eversince. While he has the quickness, the laterals & handles to play the 3, his lack of a reliable outside was his biggest downside.

Actually guys like KG Canaleta & Don Camaso would have been good size small forwards. They both had/have decent outside shooting (specially Canaleta), but they lacked the handles to play as a 3. That's becoz yung orientation nila was playing the big man position. Had they played & trained as a small forward when they were 15 to 17 years old, they might have developed decent handles which would have enabled them to play as natural small forwards.
              "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by zairex View Post
                Vergel can play shooting guard position. He was both the top scorer and assist man in 1995.
                The only non point guard to led the league in assist

Comment

• Originally posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
                  The only non point guard to led the league in assist
                  so mon fernandez never led d league in assist?

Comment

• Originally posted by PaVi View Post
                    I think, Toroman is gently saying that its okay to stay there in the US to train, but in the far chance that KP will be drafted in the g-league, he will not have any PT to warrant staying for that purpose.

I hope Kobe will be invited to Play in Taiwan or learn to play and act as an import in either Indonesia, Thailand, or Malaysia.

Only Kobe knows if his intention is to persue g league or not. We dont know his plans. But when he saw the strong benefit of Kai joining EWP, Kobe didnt think twice and grabbed the opportunity and joined the ewp as well and Kobe knows he has a better route here. It might be a bad move for some but hey look at Kai and some players who play under EWP. They become greater than they were before.

Toroman probably has no idea what kind 9f training ewp can give you. He orobably thibk ita just normal and basic but ita not. Youre being train to become a good pro.

Comment

• Originally posted by allmight View Post
                      Paras can’t get a break. Even lolo Toroman is criticizing his decision to train with EWP.
                      I'm pretty sure he's one of Kobes many bashers online hahaha.

Comment

• Originally posted by neo View Post
                        so mon fernandez never led d league in assist?
                        Oh yeah I forgot Don Ramon Lol, was that the season he almost average in triple double?

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymous123 View Post
                          Only Kobe knows if his intention is to persue g league or not. We dont know his plans. But when he saw the strong benefit of Kai joining EWP, Kobe didnt think twice and grabbed the opportunity and joined the ewp as well and Kobe knows he has a better route here. It might be a bad move for some but hey look at Kai and some players who play under EWP. They become greater than they were before.

Toroman probably has no idea what kind 9f training ewp can give you. He orobably thibk ita just normal and basic but ita not. Youre being train to become a good pro.
                          I think Toroman concern is not the training but what happens next after training and where will he play. With Kai and Thirdy, they have already leagues to play for. Where will Kobe play? We needs to see the improvement s on the court also

Comment

• Originally posted by zairex View Post
                            I think Toroman concern is not the training but what happens next after training and where will he play. With Kai and Thirdy, they have already leagues to play for. Where will Kobe play? We needs to see the improvement s on the court also
                            PBA will always be open for Kobe if for instance wala na syang ibang option.
                            "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

PBA will always be open for Kobe if for instance wala na syang ibang option.
                              As long as he stays away from those SMC schmucks, I’ll support him no matter what.
                              GILAS WISHLIST:
                              6'8 Pingris

Comment

• CBA?

I remember Kobe mentioning China is one of his target destinations to play pro besides Europe and USA. Unfortunately, he's probably not gonna play as an import there like Thirdy did in Japan. So, it might be difficult for him to have the same impact as Thirdy did. But CBA probably has plenty of teams he can play for and not every team is that dominating. If thats the case, he can still make a name for himself out there.

Also, the league that Kobe might be joining like The Smith League this summer could be visited by some scouts from all over the world. I dunno. I hope so. And it's probably not gonna be the only league Kobe will be participating at. There's probably more.

2k posts btw

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information