Page 100 of 101 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101 LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 2016

Thread: Kobe, Andre & Benjie Paras Basketball Family Thread

Putting Kobe on top of the key in a 1-3-1 offensive setup somewhat hides his dribbling deficiency. They’ve (mostly Kobe) scored a lot and milked that play. Good job by the coaching staff.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Lol!

Confidence lang sinasabi ko not granduer o sobrang kayabangan.

Tiwala sa sarili= confidence. I like it that Kobe isn’t timid or easily gets intimidated.

Can you give example sa game ba meron siyang illusion ng grandeur?

All I see is he celebrating after a made dunk or 3. Right?

I agree on the part that he needs to improve his skills to level up his game.

Quote Originally Posted by B L A C K S U N View Post
    Nope, it easier to discipline a person who is aware of his shortcomings than a guy with delusion of grandeur. Those people never change, notice how most Filipino fans hates kobe? Because they can easily tell he's so full of himself without even proven anything.

Haters ng UP and kobe --- nga nga.

Partida pa yan.

Quote Originally Posted by manu_bol View Post

Partida pa yan.
    Mas malakas UP once may Ricci at JGDL

The coach knows how to utilize his players now. He exactly knows what they are capable of. I remember when coach bo told the team to minimize the help in the offense so they could make easy shots. Guess what...it worked!

Sometimes, reading the defense helps to make the necessary adjustments, instead of relying to plays every time.

A good coach is a proactive coach!

Well done, UP!!!

Malayo pa ang laban.. may chemistry issue pa rin ako masusubukan if ever matalo sila sa uaap elims.. di nila kailangan mag top 1 or undefeated season..need to work one game at a time and chemistry talaga importante
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Gilas will have its version of sean chen.

Kobe showing glimpse of his potential, the challenge is for him to have this intensity or "passion" in every game and that's offense and defensively. He has the tools athletically and height wise now he has to work on his attitude foremost, then his basketball IQ. Go back to basics Kobe, mix it with the effort you showed and you'll go far, walk the talk kid

Gilas will have its version of sean chen.
    Also known as Chen Shin-an. The original 'hearthrob' from taiwan before 'emo boy' lin chie che.
    They call me THE HERO.

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Malayo pa ang laban.. may chemistry issue pa rin ako masusubukan if ever matalo sila sa uaap elims.. di nila kailangan mag top 1 or undefeated season..need to work one game at a time and chemistry talaga importante
    How good is Vanguard University?

Partida pa yan.
    Ang lagay ba ay if one criticizes Kobe he will be labeled as "Kobe hater"?

Then if that same guy praises or commends Kobe for doing well, he will be accused of flip flopping?
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OpoiMA0eM8

Excellent drives to the basket right there.

Excellent game by Kobe & perhaps a well-deserved MVP of the tournament award. Hope this is the start of good things to come for him.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Kobe needs to find his inner Klay Thompson.If he shoots 43% in the 3 point arc and 48% or more on his field goal shots,he'll be invaluable. Klay is 39% (3pt pct.) and 42% (2pt pct.) in college but I guess we have to aim higher because he is playing in the local basketball scene.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...hompson-1.html
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Ang lagay ba ay if one criticizes Kobe he will be labeled as "Kobe hater"?

Then if that same guy praises or commends Kobe for doing well, he will be accused of flip flopping?
    Sa tono lng naman cguro yan sir. Haters would be calling out the guy as if he can never change or improve. Statements like "he will never be good in fiba" or "bust nanyan kasi mayabang". Lets all try being hopeful and constructive.

Sa tono lng naman cguro yan sir. Haters would be calling out the guy as if he can never change or improve. Statements like "he will never be good in fiba" or "bust nanyan kasi mayabang". Lets all try being hopeful and constructive.
    "Haters" are those who will never commend/praise or give credit to Kobe even if the kid will do good in the basketball court. Haters would just criticize a player for every wrong or shortcoming but will refuse to commend a player for every good thing or accomplishment he gets. Kumbaga, mga mali lang ang nakikita.

getting a little melo vibe from his style of play

so is Kobe a better prospect already than Ricci..(who Yeng put in the pool) with last night's game?

Think about logic here just to temper expectations... if I get blasted as a hater with a mere question and statement ,, oh well.. i get it's a sensitive Pinoy thread...

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    so is Kobe a better prospect already than Ricci..(who Yeng put in the pool) with last night's game?

Think about logic here just to temper expectations... if I get blasted as a hater with a mere question and statement ,, oh well.. i get it's a sensitive Pinoy thread...
    Just wait a bit. When the pinoy nt can regularly beat the nz nt, fans here wont be hard on you anymore.

Kobe is 6-foot-5/6-foot-6 while Ricci Rivero is what, 6-foot-2?

A 6-foot-5 natural small forward is rare in Phi basketball while a 6-foot-2 shooting guard is very common.

kobe was invited in asian games but he said he’s sick

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Kobe is 6-foot-5/6-foot-6 while Ricci Rivero is what, 6-foot-2?

A 6-foot-5 natural small forward is rare in Phi basketball while a 6-foot-2 shooting guard is very common.
    They are not comparable. With ricci, a team can win a lot of games as he is a good team player, but also has the unique skills to invent shots like the 3x3 playe he also is.

Kobe is someone you take to punish or even demoralize the opposition. Only the nba-class pba imports can keep up with him around the rim. His father benjie also had this talent, which is unusual for locals.

The maroons did the smart thing. They got both, the de lianos, and the crunch-time dangerous bisaya boys. The maroons therefore become very competitive in season82 because they can diversify their plays. This was impossible last year.
    Last edited by ccharmed; 07-22-2019 at 03:02 AM.

Page 100 of 101 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101 LastLast