Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Maccabi Electra Tel-Aviv - 2013/2014

Quote Originally Posted by goga78 View Post
    As to Landesberg, I surely wish him to get more chances this season. But he is not an SF.
    Smith is guard too, so?
    11th Commandment: You shall not say Maccabi is a mediocre team!

Quote Originally Posted by frodoborg View Post
    Smith is guard too, so?
    Smith is a swingman. He is heavier than Landesberg and can even play an undersized "4".
    burnstein

As said before, it's true that Landesberg is SG, but David tried him several times last season as "3". It's not the ideal position for him, but I wouldn't cancel him totally as a small forward in case that we have to use it in this position.
    5 times European champion
    50 times domestic league champion
    40 times domestic cup holders
    4 times league cup holders
    1 time Adriatic league champion
    1 time intercontinental cup holders

Quote Originally Posted by Idans10 View Post
    As said before, it's true that Landesberg is SG, but David tried him several times last season as "3". It's not the ideal position for him, but I wouldn't cancel him totally as a small forward in case that we have to use it in this position.
    It all depends on the matchup.
    burnstein

mta first steps
    -tyus a less then medicore player
    -planninic out. ok
    -smith confirmed . 900k for him? i would have a list of sf better than him from sanemeterio to moss
    -ely out .ok
    ---i prefere avoid writing something of rumors because the picture of actual moment would be a disaster actually

landesberg is simply one of best mta players.unfortunatly blatt doesnt know it

Quote Originally Posted by maccabeo View Post
    landesberg is simply one of best mta players.unfortunatly blatt doesnt know it
    mta first steps
    -tyus a less then medicore player
    -planninic out. ok
    -smith confirmed . 900k for him? i would have a list of sf better than him from sanemeterio to moss
    -ely out .ok
    ---i prefere avoid writing something of rumors because the picture of actual moment would be a disaster actually
    blablabla

You are posting on the wrong plattform year for year.
    Here is your address: http://pessimistclub.blogspot.de/
    burnstein

blablabla

You are posting on the wrong plattform year for year.
    Here is your address: http://pessimistclub.blogspot.de/
    i'm not very interested by this advise altought i have to thank u for the smile i made. u should read at what actually european blogs, fans, sites write of mta roster and plans to maybe better understand what about our future

i'm not very interested by this advise altought i have to thank u for the smile i made. u should read at what actually european blogs, fans, sites write of mta roster and plans to maybe better understand what about our future
    You should learn to hold your horses once in a while. European blogs, fans and sites are completely okay with Maccabi and its way of playing. Maccabi is always bringing in less known players and competes with the highest goals. Some years, the scouting isn't great or more known players fail. Happens everywhere. Even in those years, Maccabi gets quite far in the competition. The fact that not everone will like a particular style of play is obvious. People have their own preferences. But it'S their own business and as long as they don't write obvious and objective stuff, this is not interesting for anybody. A team is being measured by progress and by success. Maccabi is always having success. Not always making progress though, which has mainly to do with several other clubs either being able to offer good money or by simply overpaying players. The Spanish grands, all Turkish clubs, all Russian clubs, several clubs dispersed through Europe are overpaying. Thus, it's difficult to keep a roster. Don't forget, there is the NBA, too. roster-wise, Maccabi became worse and worse every year of the last three. But it has had success in each year. Last season, Maccabi battled through offcourt difficulties and on-court injuries, which forced them to make some signings they wouldnt make. They also invested in the future with Landesberg, who will show progress this year, I'm sure. This time, Blatt isn't coaching any other team in the summer and early fall (Russian NT) and can solely concentrate on building and training the new roster. Before, he came, saw what he got from owners - and he obviously constantly got players he didn't want or ask for - and tried to form sth. of this bunch. This time, there will be much more responsibility on him but also on the club, which has apparently more money due to new investors and should have learned from the past. They've kept the core of Hickman, Smith and James, which is good. They will have at least three local players in Ohayon, Landesberg, Pnini and Tyus, which is very good. They will need to get at least one junior player much more involved in domestic competition, though, as an injury to one of the four would cause major problems for Maccabi. They are looking at least for a PG, a PF and a C right now. No need to rush but time to carefully select the players. I deeply hope, Blatt's choices prevail over Federman's choices.

Pretty no one has signed anywhere by now but you are running around like a headless chicken, making in your pants. You are a kind of person, who loses a battle before having even started it. Pretty much everyone else here thinks and writes differently. It's about time to accept that you are a phenomenon.
    burnstein

I much rather have a sane budget then to splash cash that we don't have and gamble on the title. Fener can teach you perfectly how to fail with almost the highest budget in Europe. Last year was a decent one regarding our scouting. NOt success, but also not completely failure and Blatt deserves all the credit for leading such a limited team into the top 8, especially after a horrible top 16 first round. Planinic & Caner were failure, but while I blame the staff for signing an unproven 22-year-old Bosnian kid as a replacement for Shermadini, Caner came as one of the best foreigns in Spain but simply couldn't adjust well from several reasons in the team which the pressure is already high and he lost his confidence. Logan had a lot of ups and downs through the season and Hickman had a decent + first year.

What I'm trying to say is pretty much what goga said. Sometimes you fail with your scouting and sometimes we can build a wonderful team in sane budget like the one we had in 2011, or in 2004. I prefer this option, but I also believe that we do not need a 12-men roster, we can easily reduce it to 9-10 and add 2-3 youth players for the league. Blatt is a great coach and surely the best we can get in our budget. Yes, he made some mistakes last year, but I don't think that Messina or Obradovic' would achieve more with this roster, so I really don't understand why you are always bitching about Blatt.

It's all very nice, about sane budget, etc. I have problem with populistic moves, like bring Saras for retirement season. One does such a move only for 3 possible reasons:
    1. You've built a championship team, and you want to seal it with experienced winner presence. Clearly, not our case.
    2. You want to make a nice gesture. Yeah, right! Like we have extra money to spend.
    3. You need to pump your ticketing venue, so you bring a big name. Not a problem for Maccabi.
    11th Commandment: You shall not say Maccabi is a mediocre team!

Well, no one brought Saras yet. And as much as I love this player, clearly we shouldn't bring him. But I was talking in general, that money is no guarantee for nothing. I'm not saying that I want Federman and the rest will build a team with Partizan budget, but when you don't know how to manage your finance, then you have a financial crisis like in some Russian, Greek and Turkish clubs. We can build great team with our budget, maybe a bit more. But no need to go crazy with 25-30M euro which eventually can go to waste, If you have it, then go ahead, but you know that we don't. I hope that we'll succee a bit more with the foreigns this year and to invest a bit more in C & PG positions.

It does make you wonder when you hear they plan to really invest at the center spot then they are linked with Sofo...

I don't see him as a bad signing. Yes he had a bad year but he is good player in my opinion, knows the team and 2 years ago was chosen for the Euroleague best five. I'm not saying that we shouldn't look for other options, but Sofo & James can be good enough to occupy C position and after the failure with Planinic' and Shermadini, I expect from the team to scout carefyully and if they need to invest a bit more then it worth it and not to bring a 500K player so we can replace him with another 500K player on January.

I don't see him as a bad signing. Yes he had a bad year but he is good player in my opinion, knows the team and 2 years ago was chosen for the Euroleague best five. I'm not saying that we shouldn't look for other options, but Sofo & James can be good enough to occupy C position and after the failure with Planinic' and Shermadini, I expect from the team to scout carefyully and if they need to invest a bit more then it worth it and not to bring a 500K player so we can replace him with another 500K player on January.
    -sofo had many phisical problems in laste two ys
    -sofo costrict and force a team to play for him. it means a team with sofo on court, is easy to read and u juts must prey he is in a great night
    -sofo on court cancel every chance from perimeter and shooters
    i'm impressed mta fans would love saras or sofo retourn , like they were happy when tal came back or sharp was confirmed his last year. it means they have no mentality of a great team and this behaviour encourage mediocre steps and views of owners

Quote Originally Posted by frodoborg View Post
    It's all very nice, about sane budget, etc. I have problem with populistic moves, like bring Saras for retirement season. One does such a move only for 3 possible reasons:
    1. You've built a championship team, and you want to seal it with experienced winner presence. Clearly, not our case.
    2. You want to make a nice gesture. Yeah, right! Like we have extra money to spend.
    3. You need to pump your ticketing venue, so you bring a big name. Not a problem for Maccabi.
    100 %

I much rather have a sane budget then to splash cash that we don't have and gamble on the title. Fener can teach you perfectly how to fail with almost the highest budget in Europe. Last year was a decent one regarding our scouting. NOt success, but also not completely failure and Blatt deserves all the credit for leading such a limited team into the top 8, especially after a horrible top 16 first round. Planinic & Caner were failure, but while I blame the staff for signing an unproven 22-year-old Bosnian kid as a replacement for Shermadini, Caner came as one of the best foreigns in Spain but simply couldn't adjust well from several reasons in the team which the pressure is already high and he lost his confidence. Logan had a lot of ups and downs through the season and Hickman had a decent + first year.

What I'm trying to say is pretty much what goga said. Sometimes you fail with your scouting and sometimes we can build a wonderful team in sane budget like the one we had in 2011, or in 2004. I prefer this option, but I also believe that we do not need a 12-men roster, we can easily reduce it to 9-10 and add 2-3 youth players for the league. Blatt is a great coach and surely the best we can get in our budget. Yes, he made some mistakes last year, but I don't think that Messina or Obradovic' would achieve more with this roster, so I really don't understand why you are always bitching about Blatt.
    caner had no chance to have a good season. he came and did well in a league where pf are even mainly shooters and play a perimetral bball. if u ask to a so perimetral player to play like an american pf, the player will fail surely. the same i can say for shermadini . he is a modern c ,not a classic american styel c.
    mediocrity of owners and blatt bball view about players agree so well

Pretty no one has signed anywhere by now but you are running around like a headless chicken, making in your pants. You are a kind of person, who loses a battle before having even started it. Pretty much everyone else here thinks and writes differently. It's about time to accept that you are a phenomenon.
    first of all we are condamned writing of what we read sice we havent other sources.
    second, all names perfectly with with magical, galatcit, unique blatts system.
    third ,when a rumor is reported by many sites, i know is not an official add but at least the team managment is thinking of a certain player and even just thinking of hendrix saras lasme lawall tyus
    it means killing every our hope

-sofo had many phisical problems in laste two ys
    -sofo costrict and force a team to play for him. it means a team with sofo on court, is easy to read and u juts must prey he is in a great night
    -sofo on court cancel every chance from perimeter and shooters
    i'm impressed mta fans would love saras or sofo retourn , like they were happy when tal came back or sharp was confirmed his last year. it means they have no mentality of a great team and this behaviour encourage mediocre steps and views of owners
    Surprise, surprise, with Sofo we also reached to the EL final when he was one of our main players. And All europe knew when we played for him. It's got nothing to do with Sofo. If we build good team and Sofo will be a part of it, we can have a great season. Not everything, good or bad, will be because of Sofo. And beside, nothing is closed yet.

first of all we are condamned writing of what we read sice we havent other sources.
    second, all names perfectly with with magical, galatcit, unique blatts system.
    third ,when a rumor is reported by many sites, i know is not an official add but at least the team managment is thinking of a certain player and even just thinking of hendrix saras lasme lawall tyus
    it means killing every our hope
    We are not "condamned" to anything. Man, use a dictionary for a change. Reading your posts is brutal for my eyes and for my mind.
    A rumour that is being reported by many sites is nothing but a copy & paste job. Pretty much no one has an inside into what is going on and it's more or less guessing. Whenever there is a free agent name, he is immediately being mentioned with Maccabi in one sentence. It has been like that every year for the last decade. Learn to deal with it or take valium.

Blatt's system actually is magical and galactic because he has success. He has taken the underachieving Russian NT with no courage and made it one of the world's finest. Monya, who used to play at SG in 2003, played PF under him in 2007. Kirilenko moved to SF from PF. He breathed new life into Savrasenko. He has taken cups with several teams before arriving in Tel-Aviv. Having to start from scratch there, he took a rookie from Galil paired him with last year's sixth man, took an underachieving and overweight center, an underachieving all-rounder who used to disappoint the year before and made them play together. Maccabi of 2010/11 was the most exciting and fearsome teams in all of Europe. They even got the whole continent to cheer for them. Next year, he took his team very far. If not for Langford blowing a 1-0 layup, we would see this team in the Final Four again. For me, he made a mistake that year by not using Mallet properly who is more of a shooter than an organizer. Mallet could have easily given them two threes per game and thus opening the lane. But he still had success. This year, the third year in a row, he has had a new team that was also battling offcourt issues that of course had its effect on the floor. The team had practically no bench as bench players failed the whole season. Pnini, Shermadini, Caner-Medley, Landesberg. None of them has performed. Thus, the team stuck with a seven man rotation and ran out of gas in the playoffs. PLAYOFFS. if you are going towards the Final Four even with quite a shitty squad, then you must be squeezing out the maximum of your team. No post presence, no second PG, no PF for large streaks (Eliyahu is performing well, while C-M is injured, then Eliyahu is injured, while C-M performs one in every fifth game). No second center. Not taking Baynes over Planinic is sth. that you get when you don't send your own scout to Croatia.

You will say as always, Blatt is guilty of the selection of player. I will say, he had little to do with it. In Maccabi, other people say in which direction to go. He was able to adapt, he was able to change James's game, he made shooters get free shots, use one-on-one situations, when Maccabi had a good matchup. No win came by luck, although some defeats were bad luck par excellence.

His teams have success, they rank among the ultimate team leaders in a lot of statistical categories. He doesn't give any shit about which basketball you like. He has a different job. He has to win. And he does so. This summer, he is not away with any other team. Thus, he has more responsibility in selecting players. I hope, the team will act wisely and pay more attention to the players they sign, especially those not battle-tested in the EL. Blatt doesn't have a "unique system" and doesn't force it upon players. He sees what is the best way to be successful with a particular squad. If you don't have some heavenly offensive talent, you have to play defense first. His teams are very good defensively. Even superb defensively. But they also score a lot of points, that results from playing good defense.

But since you don't understand basketball and "exteem ex-yu basketball" that is actually in a deep ass for a lot of years now, since you attribute things to it that it actually never based their game upon, you will never be able to learn. I remember, like two years ago, you were complaining and lamenting before every game. But Maccabi came out and won basically every game. All of the opponents were better in your eyes. But Maccabi has beaten the crap out of any of them.

The names that you mention above, if you are in your mind, you understand that even if any of them appears on Maccabi, it won't be all of them but certain combinations. And if the combination is right, let Maccabi chose the particular players. No one cares about losers like Buroussis who is really talented, can play inside and outside, is tall but very inconsistent and fails more often than he succeeds. Any coach rather takes Hendrix, who gives you everything you ask him for. He can do more but others can do it better, so a good coach lets other players do those things and Hendrix do what he can do better than them. No one cares about Shermadini, who is quite expensive but cannot post up to save his life. He can do other things well, but again, you don't need him as a shooter only, if you have Eliyahu who is much more efficient in the paint and everyone else around the zone who can shoot and penetrate. Giorgi landed in the wrong system for him. Why? Becasue he is tall and Maccabi has a stupid tradition to sign anyone who performs well against them.

Right now, no names are somehow serious for Maccabi. They explore options, look at which players would work fine together. It takes time. They are not CSKA who overload their roster. What do they need Hines for, for example? Who will leave CSKA in his place? a PF or a C, all of them earning seven-figure numbers and having a valid contract. But CSKA doesn't earn its own money and doesn't bring fans into the arena. Moreover, they are not winning the EL. Maccabi is totally reliant on itself and is getting its money on investment back, looks to make to debts and to get fitting players at reasonable prices. Right now, they don't have professionals doing this job and amateurs interfering in professionals' matters. We'll see who wins this internal battle this summer.
    burnstein

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast