Maccabi Electra Tel-Aviv - 2013/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Czarkazem13 View Post
    Maccabeo, man you really ruined this site. I assume you hate Maccabi and just come on here to mess with the fans.

You are not the only one that disagrees, stop playing the victim role. It's just that nobody else takes it to a level of stupidity as much as you do. Everytime I come to this site it's full of your nonsense.

I feel for Goga...
    is a your right thinking i'm not a mta fan,but if im in your dresses i simply wonder why somebody could be satisfied by kidding a team here?also, am i against mta when i write of ohayon blatt and sofo,right?well what am i when i write of blu landesberg hickman james? players that i like since long time. friend, i follow mta probably since u werent even born, following mta's eu matches searching with small tv with manual tuner "kopercapodistria tv", the lonely way to have one chance to see mta(when mta played with italians team, i had to wait 1 am at night to see just second half of the match), but no problem . simply i'm impressed by thinking who criticize is not considered a fan. enjoy this mta's year in euroleague. i simply already know wich is the end of the story. the big differences between me and u: u are a dreamer .i'm very realistic

Comment

• Originally posted by maccabeo View Post
      why smith didnt play?
      He has problems with his knee and Blatt decided to rest him.
      burnstein

Comment

i simply already know wich is the end of the story. the big differences between me and u: u are a dreamer .i'm very realistic
        Haha. You have predicted a Maccabi loss in basically every game in the last three years. This team went to the final game and to the playoffs respectively every year. You don't even need to answer, it's so obvious.

Regarding players you like for a long time, you used to be bashing James, you didn't know Blu, you were writing bad about Hickman the whole time since he has signed for Maccabi. The only player you never bashed is Blu just because of one reason: he is a three-point shooter. You are so obsessed with threes that your whole liking/disliking of players is based on this.
        burnstein

Comment

• Originally posted by goga78 View Post
          Haha. You have predicted a Maccabi loss in basically every game in the last three years. This team went to the final game and to the playoffs respectively every year. You don't even need to answer, it's so obvious.

Regarding players you like for a long time, you used to be bashing James, you didn't know Blu, you were writing bad about Hickman the whole time since he has signed for Maccabi. The only player you never bashed is Blu just because of one reason: he is a three-point shooter. You are so obsessed with threes that your whole liking/disliking of players is based on this.
          false. and u know it, but as usual u use this means to have right. i love blu as one of best mta player ever . about hick i wrote about him since he was in pesaro and u had many dfoubts about him,not me.what about landesberg? i saw him a couples of times 2 ys ago and i was wondering how could he stay out of the team. about james , his first season with us, he played few minutes per game showing nothing of his skills,but a coach who see players weekly had to understand his qualities and skills. no, just last year blatt gave him deserved space, and we even lost a playoff vs pana, because he misconsider him, to give long minutes to sofo.

Comment

false. and u know it, but as usual u use this means to have right. i love blu as one of best mta player ever . about hick i wrote about him since he was in pesaro and u had many dfoubts about him,not me.what about landesberg? i saw him a couples of times 2 ys ago and i was wondering how could he stay out of the team. about james , his first season with us, he played few minutes per game showing nothing of his skills,but a coach who see players weekly had to understand his qualities and skills. no, just last year blatt gave him deserved space, and we even lost a playoff vs pana, because he misconsider him, to give long minutes to sofo.
            You never played or coached basketball, right? Apparently, you have never heard about "player development". James was clearly not ready in his first year, making too many mistakes on the court. Landesberg has learned the whole year. In his first game in Vitoria he has already moved more than the whole last season on the court. He is a young player. He came from a bad team whereh e had all the freedom to score and didn't have a great percentage. He wasn't a good defensive player. He was signed only because of the Israeli passport and his potential, not because he could contribute big in the EL right away.

You were writing good things about Hickman BEFORE he has played a single game for Maccabi. AFTER that you were bashing him that he din't show things he used to show in Italy, fogetting about his shitty team and comparing it one-to-one with Euroleague.

Blu is on your list because of him being a 3PT threat only.

Look, there is no need for discussion here. At least 20 guys read and participate in this forum. They know you, they know what you write. I don't need to persuade them. Neither do I try to work with you. You live in your dream world of wishful thinking.

I still remember you whining about the team that went to the EL final, playing the best defense and most fast breaks in the EL. You were complaining about Macvan not playing who was clearly one of the weakest players on that Maccabi roster. Complaining about Macvan not playing! On a deep roster that went to the final!
            burnstein

Comment

• nokia arena 24 oct .
              naimi landesberg cohen didnt play
              they are, altought their talent out from blatt mind. no way
              no comment

Comment

• It was a good effort, although the Red Star isn't exactly a strong team. My only disappointment was how we finished the game, when we let them to reduce the gap from 26 to 11 and at the end we won by 14. Sofo was great, the guys should've look him up much often but then again we had a great night beyond the arch so I can understand them trying more 3PT shots. Shawn James was bad in the first half, although he tried his best at defense but committed 3 fouls. The 2nd half was a different story and finally he manage to came into this season after horrible games so far (also because of his injury. The rest - Great game of Ingles, Blu and Devin, who will probably be our lead players this season along with Sofo/James, but still haven't see anything good from Rice and it seems like Blatt is losing his patience as well with him. Pnini, Tyus (very bad) and Cohen won't be in Blatt rotation very soon in my opinion (Cohen may be loaned out) and Syl should get more minutes yesterday because his form is great recently, but David decided to go with others. For conclusion, it was an important first win but we still have a lot of work and next Friday we have our first tough test of the season - away at Krasnodar vs. Kuban.
                5 times European champion
                50 times domestic league champion
                40 times domestic cup holders
                4 times league cup holders
                1 time Adriatic league champion
                1 time intercontinental cup holders

Comment

nokia arena 24 oct .
                  naimi landesberg cohen didnt play
                  they are, altought their talent out from blatt mind. no way
                  no comment
                  Time after time you show your "knowledge" about basketball. Although I would like have seen Cohen for a couple of minutes (Naimy wasnt on the roster anyway), what's the point to complain? all the guys who filled out positions of these three gave a great game: Ohayon, Rice, Hickman, Ingles, Smith and Blu. No one has failed. Sharp shooting, tough defense, great playmaking. There are only 40 minutes to play and not enough minutes give everyone lots of chances. Landesberg is projected for more minutes but what can you do, if everybody in front of him is playing well? The logical result is for him to sit on the bench. Talented or not, it's not like other players on Maccabi are amateurs.
                  burnstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Idans10 View Post
                    It was a good effort, although the Red Star isn't exactly a strong team. My only disappointment was how we finished the game, when we let them to reduce the gap from 26 to 11 and at the end we won by 14. Sofo was great, the guys should've look him up much often but then again we had a great night beyond the arch so I can understand them trying more 3PT shots. Shawn James was bad in the first half, although he tried his best at defense but committed 3 fouls. The 2nd half was a different story and finally he manage to came into this season after horrible games so far (also because of his injury. The rest - Great game of Ingles, Blu and Devin, who will probably be our lead players this season along with Sofo/James, but still haven't see anything good from Rice and it seems like Blatt is losing his patience as well with him. Pnini, Tyus (very bad) and Cohen won't be in Blatt rotation very soon in my opinion (Cohen may be loaned out) and Syl should get more minutes yesterday because his form is great recently, but David decided to go with others. For conclusion, it was an important first win but we still have a lot of work and next Friday we have our first tough test of the season - away at Krasnodar vs. Kuban.
                    Rice was very effective with driving and dishing. He still is not comfortable as he is playing with brakes pushed. He can't score like he would like to because Blatt asks him to do other things.
                    Cohen won't be loaned, unless he wishes to. That'S what his contract mandates by now. Naimy should be loaned. No need for him to sit on the bench. Maccabi has too many players who can bring the ball.
                    Tyus had to play center in spare minutes and gave up a lot of size against Marjanovic. Not exactly a good measurement for him. Marjanovic looked well against the other two bigs, too. He is not a center but is forced to play this position.
                    burnstein

Comment

Rice was very effective with driving and dishing. He still is not comfortable as he is playing with brakes pushed. He can't score like he would like to because Blatt asks him to do other things.
                      Cohen won't be loaned, unless he wishes to. That'S what his contract mandates by now. Naimy should be loaned. No need for him to sit on the bench. Maccabi has too many players who can bring the ball.
                      Tyus had to play center in spare minutes and gave up a lot of size against Marjanovic. Not exactly a good measurement for him. Marjanovic looked well against the other two bigs, too. He is not a center but is forced to play this position.
                      Rice shouldn't score, he needs to organize the game before he can think of scoring, because Maccabi (did a huge mistake) brought him to be a PG even though he's not. He's not comfortable and it seems like it's not gonna change and we can see Blatt reduces his minutes from game to game.
                      Cohen surely will be loaned (unfortunately) and Maccabi management already said that this roster will change. With Tyus and Blu and sometimes Devin at 4, I cannot see where Jake can fit in. Naimy can't be loaned because he is above 26 years old so either Maccabi will keep him or release him. There was a huge fuss over this issue in the last week, when Maccabi tried to loan him to Galil even though the rule forbid it.
                      As for tyus, I judge according of what I see so far, not just the game yesterday and it seems that Blatt barely gives him minutes. On the other hand, Blatt barely gave Syl toplay last season as well and we can see today how good Syl can be. Tyus is a good player and the first year in Maccabi is always difficult, I hope he'll adapt as soon as possible.
                      5 times European champion
                      50 times domestic league champion
                      40 times domestic cup holders
                      4 times league cup holders
                      1 time Adriatic league champion
                      1 time intercontinental cup holders

Comment

Rice shouldn't score, he needs to organize the game before he can think of scoring, because Maccabi (did a huge mistake) brought him to be a PG even though he's not. He's not comfortable and it seems like it's not gonna change and we can see Blatt reduces his minutes from game to game.
                        Cohen surely will be loaned (unfortunately) and Maccabi management already said that this roster will change. With Tyus and Blu and sometimes Devin at 4, I cannot see where Jake can fit in. Naimy can't be loaned because he is above 26 years old so either Maccabi will keep him or release him. There was a huge fuss over this issue in the last week, when Maccabi tried to loan him to Galil even though the rule forbid it.
                        As for tyus, I judge according of what I see so far, not just the game yesterday and it seems that Blatt barely gives him minutes. On the other hand, Blatt barely gave Syl toplay last season as well and we can see today how good Syl can be. Tyus is a good player and the first year in Maccabi is always difficult, I hope he'll adapt as soon as possible.
                        tyus cant adapt to mta, simply because he is a very mediocre player.
                        having ohayon as 28min per game g, and rice as mediocre as we tought, is a crime to let naimy out of the team. this player is a very good player.he remind me a lot heurtel,but somewhere else coaches consider g, as a player who kinow how to score, penetreting and shooting, except blatt. landesberg, well despite he showed his great skills when play, there s no way, blatt doenst like him as he doesnt like periemetral players. cohen. well with blu he is surely less copnsidered, but since we have tyus well, i'd cut tyus and absolutely will give cohen minutes .

Comment

Time after time you show your "knowledge" about basketball. Although I would like have seen Cohen for a couple of minutes (Naimy wasnt on the roster anyway), what's the point to complain? all the guys who filled out positions of these three gave a great game: Ohayon, Rice, Hickman, Ingles, Smith and Blu. No one has failed. Sharp shooting, tough defense, great playmaking. There are only 40 minutes to play and not enough minutes give everyone lots of chances. Landesberg is projected for more minutes but what can you do, if everybody in front of him is playing well? The logical result is for him to sit on the bench. Talented or not, it's not like other players on Maccabi are amateurs.
                          i like a team that play with maximum 7 players. i always considered the more best players stays on court, the more a team is strong and find the best alchjemy. it was one of mta secrets in his history since we never build a deep roster with our good ,bot not top,budget.
                          said that, we have to say mta is not playing with 7 players. considering minutes by ohayon or rice , considering some hickman restore needed, well landesberg could absolutely have his space, if blatt would believe in him,but he doesnt. again as n 4 i'd play with blu ,as much minutes as he can , but coehn could have his minutes, again ,if blatt would consider him

Comment

tyus cant adapt to mta, simply because he is a very mediocre player.
                            having ohayon as 28min per game g, and rice as mediocre as we tought, is a crime to let naimy out of the team. this player is a very good player.he remind me a lot heurtel,but somewhere else coaches consider g, as a player who kinow how to score, penetreting and shooting, except blatt. landesberg, well despite he showed his great skills when play, there s no way, blatt doenst like him as he doesnt like periemetral players. cohen. well with blu he is surely less copnsidered, but since we have tyus well, i'd cut tyus and absolutely will give cohen minutes .
                            Rice is a basketball god compared to Naimi. You have barely seen each of them play, a maximum of a couple of times each. Rice is the same quality shooter but quicker, more athletic and determined to score more. He could easily give Maccabi 15 ppg but - again - he is asked to do different things. Rice's problem is, he is a typical small team PG. There, he can hold the ball, he can get a ton of shots. Not so in Macccabi. He will need his time and time will tell, if he can adapt. Right now, we all have seen how he is able to create easy scoring opportunities for the centers.
                            Actually, it is quite obvious, why Rice was signed: HE CAN SCORE and do so in a hurry. I'm still not pleased with this signing. They had enough time to study his game, they had enough chances to ask Halperin about him.

Cohen might be the more interesting player but Tyus has a couple of pluses on his side: he is used to play on that level already AND he can give some minutes at C. Maccabi can't go into the season with just two Cs, considering that can get injured or amass fouls. Against other centers, Tyus can do better but Marjanovic was just too big for him. Tyus is a shotblocker and plays above the rim. Cohen is a shooter. At this stage of Cohen's development, Maccabi probably needs athleticism more as there are enough shooters on the squad.

Originally posted by maccabeo View Post
                            i like a team that play with maximum 7 players. i always considered the more best players stays on court, the more a team is strong and find the best alchjemy. it was one of mta secrets in his history since we never build a deep roster with our good ,bot not top,budget.
                            said that, we have to say mta is not playing with 7 players. considering minutes by ohayon or rice , considering some hickman restore needed, well landesberg could absolutely have his space, if blatt would believe in him,but he doesnt. again as n 4 i'd play with blu ,as much minutes as he can , but coehn could have his minutes, again ,if blatt would consider him
                            No team will go anywhere with a rotation of seven players because the toll for them is too high. Maccabi never used to feature a couple of stars and a very short roster. The roster has always been at least nine players deep. You can look into every season. Just go to www.euroleague.net and go there season by season, at least until 2001-2002.
                            A week ago, when Smith was struggling beint unfit and Landesberg was playing a lot and doing very well in the Israeli League, he played 17:29 in Vitoria and did well. This time, Smith could play and was the best man on court. Plus Hickman, plus Ingles plus Pnini who was squeezed in for a couple of minutes. Simply not enough playing time for everyone this time, especially considering the great play by Hickman, Smith and Ingles on just two positions. They played their minutes and their defense did it for Maccabi, too. Blake Shilb could never get into the game, for example. In another game, Landesberg will get his minutes. He could truly play more but Maccabi is simply stuck on these positions. If he somehow get an average on 15 mpg in Euroleague for this squad, this will be his maximum.

Finally, i wish every player to see court time. Naimy, Landesberg, Cohen, Tyus and everyone else. It's just not possible in one single game.
                            burnstein

Comment

Cohen had a deadline in his contract, after which he could not be loaned without his permission. They decided, he should stay and learn on the fly. Even with Blu on the roster. Naimy however should be released. Maccabi has Ohayon, Rice, Ingles and even Hickman, who can bring the ball. A third PG, and Naimy is not that cheap, is a luxury.

Landesberg will get his PT in Israel and will always get his chances in the EL.

Tyus is a tougher case but imho he will adapt. After all, he can play on this level. He is a limited player but he can be a valuable energy booster and a crowd pleaser with his dunks and blocks. But h has to learn to play better position defense. He leaves his man to go for the block. Can't do this. He must get more physical. On offense, high pick'n rolls and alley-oops should be his thing. Offensive rebounding. Nothing else. No plays being created for him.
                              burnstein

Comment

Rice is a basketball god compared to Naimi. You have barely seen each of them play, a maximum of a couple of times each. Rice is the same quality shooter but quicker, more athletic and determined to score more. He could easily give Maccabi 15 ppg but - again - he is asked to do different things. Rice's problem is, he is a typical small team PG. There, he can hold the ball, he can get a ton of shots. Not so in Macccabi. He will need his time and time will tell, if he can adapt. Right now, we all have seen how he is able to create easy scoring opportunities for the centers.
                                Actually, it is quite obvious, why Rice was signed: HE CAN SCORE and do so in a hurry. I'm still not pleased with this signing. They had enough time to study his game, they had enough chances to ask Halperin about him.

Cohen might be the more interesting player but Tyus has a couple of pluses on his side: he is used to play on that level already AND he can give some minutes at C. Maccabi can't go into the season with just two Cs, considering that can get injured or amass fouls. Against other centers, Tyus can do better but Marjanovic was just too big for him. Tyus is a shotblocker and plays above the rim. Cohen is a shooter. At this stage of Cohen's development, Maccabi probably needs athleticism more as there are enough shooters on the squad.

No team will go anywhere with a rotation of seven players because the toll for them is too high. Maccabi never used to feature a couple of stars and a very short roster. The roster has always been at least nine players deep. You can look into every season. Just go to www.euroleague.net and go there season by season, at least until 2001-2002.
                                A week ago, when Smith was struggling beint unfit and Landesberg was playing a lot and doing very well in the Israeli League, he played 17:29 in Vitoria and did well. This time, Smith could play and was the best man on court. Plus Hickman, plus Ingles plus Pnini who was squeezed in for a couple of minutes. Simply not enough playing time for everyone this time, especially considering the great play by Hickman, Smith and Ingles on just two positions. They played their minutes and their defense did it for Maccabi, too. Blake Shilb could never get into the game, for example. In another game, Landesberg will get his minutes. He could truly play more but Maccabi is simply stuck on these positions. If he somehow get an average on 15 mpg in Euroleague for this squad, this will be his maximum.

Finally, i wish every player to see court time. Naimy, Landesberg, Cohen, Tyus and everyone else. It's just not possible in one single game.
                                well rice/naimi. i think naimi is better but even considering they can give almost the same to the team, well naimi is domestic.
                                tyus/cohen.u are right , we cant play el with just two centers, but the second and the third c should be better. not writing here of sofo, well tyus is absolutely a player who cant play el,so having him or cohen i much prefer cohen. tyus cant give anyehing . against el centers , he is a nothing player. cohen could give more.tyus is not the problem's solution to our third c position.
                                7 players: obviosuly i didnt meant we play with 7 player, but 7 players are the ones who play much more minutes comparing with others players. historically mta sure had played with 10 players per match,but just 7 played90% of minutes and are really considered active parte of the team. we never builted a deep strong roster because of the budget so we always played really with less (key) players comparing with great teams.
                                cohen landesberg naimy,shouldnt play sometimes. imo, with a different coach, coehn woudl play instead of tyus, naimi would play instead of ohayon and rice or at least same minutes, and landesberg would play 15 to 25 minutes depending on the match. we are writing of players who sometimes are playing 0 minutes and players like rice ohayon sofo tyus who are playing always.having cska or barca roster ok ,they cant plòay, but with us they should be much more considered since theys talent.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information