No announcement yet.

2013-14 Israeli BSL season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you guys think of Hapoel Jerusalem and Maccabi Haifa in Eurocup groups? I think Hapoel Jerusalem will advance to quarterfinal.

Maccabi Tel Aviv

EUROLEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIPS - 1977 & 1981 & 2001 & 2004 & 2005 & 2014
    Intercontinental Cup - 1980
    Adriatic League Championship - 2012

Comment

hello guys.i am greek but i am interested about israeli basketball.can someone explain me something?wiki say that hapoel gilboa merged with hapoel galil elyon and create the hapoel gilboa galil elyon.however,i think that hapoel galil elyon is a member of liga leumit for 2013-2014 season.so,what is happening?

Comment

Originally posted by Giorgos Alexopoulos View Post
        hello guys.i am greek but i am interested about israeli basketball.can someone explain me something?wiki say that hapoel gilboa merged with hapoel galil elyon and create the hapoel gilboa galil elyon.however,i think that hapoel galil elyon is a member of liga leumit for 2013-2014 season.so,what is happening?
        For financial reasons, the original Hapoel Galil Elyon moved to another location, about 1 hour by car from the original location. they had a new sponser and almost antire new management, and changed the name to Hapoel Galil-Gilboa

However, after a while the original fans of Hapoel Galil Elyon wanted to form another team that will play in the original location in front of the original fan base, so a new team called Hapoel Galil Elyon was formed, and they are playing at the Israeli 2nd division in the original location. (actually, this year they almost qualified for the 1st division but were eliminated at the 2nd division semi-finals)

there in no connection between the teams, beside the history.

summary:
        Hapoel Galil Gilboa- playing in 1st division at Gan ner arena (the new location)

Hapoel Galil Elyon- playing in 2nd division at Kfar Blum (the original location and the original fan base)

Comment

thank you.so,how much titles has each team?

Comment

Originally posted by ran222 View Post
            For financial reasons, the original Hapoel Galil Elyon moved to another location, about 1 hour by car from the original location. they had a new sponser and almost antire new management, and changed the name to Hapoel Galil-Gilboa

However, after a while the original fans of Hapoel Galil Elyon wanted to form another team that will play in the original location in front of the original fan base, so a new team called Hapoel Galil Elyon was formed, and they are playing at the Israeli 2nd division in the original location. (actually, this year they almost qualified for the 1st division but were eliminated at the 2nd division semi-finals)

there in no connection between the teams, beside the history.

summary:
            Hapoel Galil Gilboa- playing in 1st division at Gan ner arena (the new location)

Hapoel Galil Elyon- playing in 2nd division at Kfar Blum (the original location and the original fan base)
            so,how much titles has each team?thank you in advance

Comment

so,how much titles has each team?thank you in advance
              2 championships for the team now called Galil Gilboa(1 of them was when the team name was Galil Elyon on the 90's)

0 titles to the new team called Galil Elyon

Comment

2 championships for the team now called Galil Gilboa(1 of them was when the team name was Galil Elyon on the 90's)

0 titles to the new team called Galil Elyon
                so,the new team called galil elyon has no relationship with the galil elyon on the 90's

Comment

so,the new team called galil elyon has no relationship with the galil elyon on the 90's
                  It depends on your point-of-view:

The new team called Galil Elyon play at the same location and the same arena of the 90's team, so they actually have the original fan-base of the 90's team.

The Galil Gilboa team has the titles and some of the management of the 90's team, but play at different arena and most of their fans are new fans that began to support the team just after they started playing in the new arena (which is about an hour drive from the original arena)

Comment

[QUOTE=ran222;894994]It depends on your point-of-view:

The new team called Galil Elyon play at the same location and the same arena of the 90's team, so they actually have the original fan-base of the 90's team.

The Galil Gilboa team has the titles and some of the management of the 90's team, but play at different arena and most of their fans are new fans that began to support the team just after they started playing in the new arena (which is about an hour drive from the original arena)[/QUOTE yes,but official i understand that the new galil elyon has zero titles and the champion that won in the past belong to galil gilboa.am i true?thank you in advance

Comment

yes,but official i understand that the new galil elyon has zero titles and the champion that won in the past belong to galil gilboa.am i true?thank you in advance
                      Yes ,that is correct

Comment

Yes ,that is correct
                        thank you

Comment

Yalla Maccabi Haifa, cmon get the title again this year! Kick the Euroleague Championship team! (want to see different teams to win Israeli championship)!

Maccabi Tel Aviv

Comment

Originally posted by [M-120] View Post
                            Yalla Maccabi Haifa, cmon get the title again this year! Kick the Euroleague Championship team! (want to see different teams to win Israeli championship)!
                            Originally posted by [M-120] View Post
                            Good result for both teams.

Tel Aviv won on the road and play the last game at home, and Haifa played bad (Donta Smith+Randle played great, all others played really bad) and still managed to lose only by 4 points.

Tyrece rice is unbelievable, his comes BIG in any crucial game! (30 pts, 7 ass)

Comment

Wow, what a game! So disappointed to see Maccabi Haifa lost.

Maccabi Tel Aviv

Comment

Even though I'm rooting for other teams against Maccabi in Israel but this time I granted Blatt & Blu this triple. A strange and idiotic system of home-and-away finals games and I hope it gets changed next year but what a drama this year. Haifa wins for the first time ever in Tel-Aviv but loses the championship in OT. Wow!

I really hope Maccabi goes after Donta Smith. Even though Devin Smith is also an SF, both players can play multiple positions and Donta would be a major boost for Maccabi. Better build on this all-rounder than on another Caner-Medley type.
                                burnstein

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information