X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women Eurobasket 2013 - France

couple of interesting scores today.
    team GB despite the cuts in their budget still managed to beat Serbia.
    Belarus destroyed Czech Republic and Spain is currently doing the same to Russia..
    probably the weakest Russian team in last 10 years..
    as far as I have been following women basketball team Spain were always Russian bitches.. payback time..
    anyway, it was interesting to see that at Croatia - Lithuania game hall was nicely crowded. and I see now that apparently there was more then 4000 people at the game..
    a lot of people has attended other games as well..
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

There is no women's national team thread, so I'll just write it here. Lithuania lost to Croatia in the EuroBasket opener 77-89. Gintare Petronyte dominated in this game - 23 pts, 14 rebs, 4 ast, 4 stls. I think she's good enough to play in the WNBA putting up those kinds of stats early in the championship.
    by macleopard13
    And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

Man,i got so upset.Women basketball is difficult to watch if you are not used to.
      Fantastic first quarter,keeping real for another 2 ,and collapsing in last minutes.I stopped watching after third Q,but i think that Croatian fast break just killed us.
      Oh well,Croatia is ranked well above our team...Our friendlies weren't that good either,so i saw some improvement ,but not enough to win,apparently.

With only two games against Belarus and Czech ,we need at least one victory to progress.Fingers crossed.Our team is very young and inexperienced,with some key players missing too.

Only Iveta Salkauske is a veteran with pedegree,with 9 players being 23 or younger.

Comment

yes, bring us a eurobasket women thread please. Turkey just defeated ukraine easily, playing good and promising basketball. Rebounding seems to be a problem though, just like in recent years.
        umut_fb_lal

Comment

Originally posted by Picek View Post
          Belarus destroyed Czech Republic
          Pfff,i am very surprised.
          If you refer to one of my post above,where i said that Lithuania need to win at least one game,the game i meant was vs Belarus.
          Grigas is coaching Belarusians,which is never a good sign as for the team who wish to win.Alas

Comment

Russia with a nice comeback but going to come up a little short. They should put in an off-the-ball foul rule in late-game situations.

Tough loss for Sweden, missing the free throw to tie it and then having the shot blocked at the buzzer, but they have a young team with a lot of promise for the future.

Croatia is the most entertaining team in the tournament and you should all be rooting for them to make the WC.
            Originally posted by Fedfan
            Most ppl get childish when they lose.
            Originally posted by GuTO
            refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Originally posted by JGX View Post
              Russia with a nice comeback but going to come up a little short. They should put in an off-the-ball foul rule in late-game situations.

Tough loss for Sweden, missing the free throw to tie it and then having the shot blocked at the buzzer, but they have a young team with a lot of promise for the future.

Croatia is the most entertaining team in the tournament and you should all be rooting for them to make the WC.
              Well we play run and gun and we have, you know who

antonija_misura_252524236.jpg

but I doubt we will make it with our willd basketball and our best player Mandir retired from NT
              Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Poor effort by Lithuania against Czech Republic. The youngsters (except for Petronyte) aren't contributing much to the team. Belarus will destroy us on defense. If we can't outrun them and force them to foul us, we're screwed for game 3. But we're out of the competition for the next round, so we might as well give our best effort for the last game.

Comment

Misura

Sweden is also very entertaining to watch. They placed before Spain and Germany in the qualifiers, beat Russia and only lost to Italy by a point.
                  THE NBA IS FAKE

Comment

Sweden's missing one of their top players to the WNBA as well. And how about GB at 2-0?
                    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Lithuania finally upset Belarus in an essentially friendly match. Youngsters contributed more in this game, and Lithuania won. They also did a nice job clearing the boards and playing good defense overall. At least Lithuania will not go home winless.

Comment

Wow. Russia out after the first round. Hilarious aftermath to the Italy-Russia game with both teams trying to figure out where they stood on the tiebreaker--the player who scored the last basket for Italy looked like she thought she'd blown it by not shooting a three.

Second-half collapse by Sweden against Spain and with the records carrying over it counts as two losses.

Comment

Can someone explain to me why/how Russia got eliminated?

Sweden 1-2
                          Italy 1-2
                          Russia 1-2

Head to head:
                          Sweden 1-1 +10
                          Italy 1-1 -5
                          Russia 1-1 -5

General average:
                          Italy -17
                          Russia -10

Plus Russia actually beat Italy
                          THE NBA IS FAKE

Comment

In games between the tied teams, Italy had a slightly better points ratio (130/135 = 0.962962 vs. 129/134 = 0.962686)
                            Last edited by JGX; 06-18-2013, 02:31 PM.

Comment

That explains a lot, thank you J.
                              THE NBA IS FAKE

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information