Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Women Eurobasket 2013 - France

Quote Originally Posted by JGX View Post
    Impressive fold by the Czechs. Do they want GB out of the tournament that badly?
    They were going to play Turkey or Spain in the quarter-final regardless, a pick your poison situation. Think they chose to rest to stand a chance.

Serbia is definitely the biggest surprise, it's enough to say that our best result in the last 10 years was eight place and fifth since the breakup of Yugoslavia. Interesting is that our coach Marina Maljković is the only female coach at this EC. Everyone was talking that our only goal at this EC was to reach second phase and nothing more, since we have 7 players for whom this was their first competition and the results were expected only at the forthcoming tournaments.

We even started this EC badly, lost against GB at the start after leading 3/4 of the match ( 9–24 last qt), then came France with 32-76 haha, they really looked weak in those matches and now they look like totally different team.

In the qf match two min before the end Italy had 79:74 (they had 60% for 3pt), and the final result is 85:79! Just fantastic! Now with Spain in sf i expect easy win for Spain, i see they were very dominant through the EC and i would be more than satisfied if we finish under -10, everything above that would be a miracle.
    This is the age we are currently living in, where war is peace, ignorance is strength and slavery is freedom.

Frida Eldebrink is SICKKKKKK

EDIT: Make that both the Eldebrink sisters. Unfortunately the refs screwed Sweden all game long, because as we all know FIBA loves to screw 'new' countries where basketball can grow, because they are oh so smart.

Prediction: 1. Spain 2. France 3. Turkey
    Last edited by UMUT_FB_LAL; 06-27-2013 at 07:44 PM.

Was that the best women's Eurobasket game ever? Hope Sweden is able to bounce back and beat Belarus tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

I saw France's comeback. Dumerc did what Saras did 9 years ago against USA. Unbelievable..
    Sexuality when one reaches their 30s is either mainstream or sick, but no matter what, it isn't pure

Quote Originally Posted by wardjdim View Post
    I saw France's comeback. Dumerc did what Saras did 9 years ago against USA. Unbelievable..
    Saras did it in the group phase and from the middle of the floor all three times in that sequence. Other than it being important threepointers I don't see the resemblance. :P

Simple Spain was dominant in every way, second half was much better than first, obviously we lack experience at this level and we really can't cope with teams such as Spain, which has big height and physical advantage. I don't expect much in the match for third place, this team can benefit a lot from playing against strong opponents.
    This is the age we are currently living in, where war is peace, ignorance is strength and slavery is freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Carick235 View Post
    Simple Spain was dominant in every way, second half was much better than first, obviously we lack experience at this level and we really can't cope with teams such as Spain, which has big height and physical advantage. I don't expect much in the match for third place, this team can benefit a lot from playing against strong opponents.
    Serbia can be proud. After the first two games I would have never expected a semi final to be honest. Plus you are qualified for the World Cup, so see you in Turkey!

Stupid start by Turkey, bye tournament. Hope we won't lose over 20.

Not too impressed by France. Not only did the decisions from the referees help them 70-30, just like against Sweden, but every time that they rightfully got a whistle against them they immediately started to whine. Game started 12-2, impressive fight from Turkey to get back to 51-49, but throughout the game we couldn't capitalize on playing well enough and we barely rewarded ourselves. France won with free throws that they got easily. Nevertheless I'm proud of this performance, third straight great tournament for the Turkish ladies, hopefully we can decorate it with a medal. Standout performance from Esmeral Tuncluer, not really sure why we got Quanitra instead of Nevin Nevlin. Quanitra is a half decent rebounder and defender and that's it. Last year she played bad against Russia in the quarter-finals and was the reason we lost, and today the same thing happened.

I remember Dumerc's heroics from the London Olympics against Great Britain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYH-vTVg4eI&t=1h42m
    Game tying buzzer 3 at 1:42:00; game winning buzzer 3 at 1:55:00
    Last edited by sinobball; 06-29-2013 at 10:43 PM.
    aim low, score high

Excellent final. How does Dumerc not get the last shot?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Yes, it was a real final game. Super classic

The French players got a couple of silly last possessions, but the last one cannot be of any shocker. Dumerc having the ball would be the obvious thing to do. They tried to surprise the Spanish, but their decision making was at least stupid

Either way, Spain had a very good game and deserved to win despite Gruda's magnificent, almost epic game. Torrens though provided the Spanish with a Navarro next to Gasol in Lyttle. That was just too much to handle. And Yacoubou not having her best game in the first half might have been crucial to the final outcome

Still, a game I didn't want to end
    Sexuality when one reaches their 30s is either mainstream or sick, but no matter what, it isn't pure

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12