Adriatic League 2013/2014.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
    Olimpija had an annual assembly and showed some actual numbers for the first time, great move that would hopefully become a common practice in the future.

team's incomes were 4,6M € and outcomes 3,94M, with 0,66M profit that went straight to repaying 1,3 M of debt this season. Club has about 1,7 M debt left to players, coaches, partners etc. and 1,45M € of credit left to repay. The budget for the first team was less than 1M € last season, they intend to keep somehow the same budget for the next season, while decreasing the outcomes by additional 15-20 % if possible. It's basicaly great news as that debt was around 5-6 millions ever since 01/02. The whole debt would supposedly be entirely repaid within the next two seasons. Pretty much a huge relief.

Sulejmanović will likely leave for Barca, lots of talk of the background, but neverthless with Pipan as a head coach I don't think he is doing the best move as he'd be pushed forward in all competitions over here the way I know Pipan and he definately knows how to develop a prospect. Olimpija also gave an offer to Jaka Laković, but he'd receive much less than he can earn elsewhere and will mostlikely reject the offer.

Jaka Brodnik (204cm, 92', SF) will be our first signing, as soon as the buyout with Laško gets solved.
    Olimpija tried to also sign one of the top imports from the Lebanese league this past season, the Canadian Michael Frasier (203-F/C-1984), but he received a better offer from Igokea and thus decided to join the Bosnian team.

Comment

Thx for the news. Haven't yet read that anywhere. Seems as if Subotić whispered a word or two to Olimpija
      Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
      That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Igokea also does a solid job...
        They extend Dozet, and tabs Uros Nikolic(C from Radnicki), Fraser(Pf/C from Lebanon ), Pavkovic(pg from Nymburk)...
        Jorovic will not stay..

The budget for the first team was less than 1M € last season
        That was before Baynes and Green or after?

Comment

Well, it would seem normal to me that was what the team paid through the season for NET wages with Baynes and Page included for those few months. Can't say it for certain, but seems feasible as Baynes and Page were only paid for 4 months or so untill they left, Waters left somewhere at that time as well and only Perković was brought as a replacement instead of those 3. Močnik, Bubnić haven't earned much, my guess would be Perković and Rupnik neither, while Murič, Blažič extremely overperformed considering their wages.
          That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Thx for the news. Haven't yet read that anywhere. Seems as if Subotić whispered a word or two to Olimpija
            True Subotic recommended Fraser for Olimpija as he thought Fraser would be a great fit and also because he wasn't getting a high salary in Lebanon (12 K US$ / month) yet he managed to dominate under the basket and averaged 20.1 ppg, 16.9 rpg! , 2.1 apg, 1.2 spg along with 1.4 bpg

Olimpija offered him a total of 100K US$ for the season but Igokea's offer was for 150K US$ and a very high bonus as well so it was logical that Fraser went for Igokea's offer.

Comment

haha, Bobi the Giant

Comment

ABA league "saves" 2 direct spots for EL...
                euroleague-country-ranking-2014-15.jpg

Comment

That's no news. We aren't getting the direct 3rd place back for quite a while I guess

Comment

That's no news. We aren't getting the direct 3rd place back for quite a while I guess
                    Yes, but there was rumours that ABA can stay on only 1 direct spot for EL...

Comment

The management of this league is disgrace. It all starts with mr Lisac

Comment

@Cro guys
                        Blassingame and Luc in Albanian club.. Is this true?

Comment

Originally posted by AmonRA View Post
                          @Cro guys
                          Blassingame and Luc in Albanian club.. Is this true?
                          http://www.b92.net/sport/kosarka/ves...&nav_id=729852
                          Lutz yes

As for Blassingame I doubt. As far as I know he resigned with Cibona for 2 more seasons. That deal was also publised on his agency site
                          Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

As I thinks so, B92 as usual spouting nonsense...

Comment

Siroki paid WC, Radnicki got ofer insted of Vojvodina
                              Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Emir Sulejmanović will sign 3+2 contract with Barca. Wish him good luck, although I believe he made the wrong choice signing with a name instead of the program.

Pipan is one of the most young talent friendly coaches in europe, with extensive experience on that part and while he didn't want to guarantee him minutes in the contract, he did offer him the starting PF job in eurocup as long as he gives out everything in practice and judging from his history he has the guts to do so. That would mostlikely mean Olimpija wouldn't sign any aditional PF but likely stay with Bubnić and for the first half of the season injured Murič, so Emir's departure is much less painfull realising the competitive aspects as he is clearly not ready for a starting PF job yet and Pipan would clearly go against the fans expectations with him. He will have to face the ussual Barca's youth dilema now.

204cm SG/SF 90' Žanis Peiners is on a tryout with Olimpija.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information