Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 464

Thread: Adriatic League 2013/2014.

  1. #1
    Senior Member Carick235's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    371
    Country: Serbia

    Default Adriatic League 2013/2014.

    Clubs in this season:

    Serbia: Partizan, Crvena zvezda, Mega Vizura (from Belgrade, but will play in Kruševac), Vojvodina
    Croatia: Cibona, Cedevita, Zadar
    Slovenia: Krka, Olimpija
    B&H: Igokea, Široki
    Macedonia: MZT
    Montenegro: Budućnost
    Hungary: Szolnoki

    I can already predict that this will be very bad season for Serbian clubs since Mega Vizura is just basketball agency club and it will probably play with some young players (but it can also create powerful team if their boss want), while Vojvodina simple don't have big money, first we will see if Vojvodina will have 150k to enter league at all. So this two clubs will 90% finish in bottom half.
    This is the age we are currently living in, where war is peace, ignorance is strength and slavery is freedom.

  2. #2
    Senior Member pohani komarac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,329
    Country: Croatia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carick235 View Post
    Clubs in this season:

    Serbia: Partizan, Crvena zvezda, Mega Vizura (from Belgrade, but will play in Kruševac), Vojvodina
    Croatia: Cibona, Cedevita, Zadar
    Slovenia: Krka, Olimpija
    B&H: Igokea, Široki
    Macedonia: MZT
    Montenegro: Budućnost
    Hungary: Szolnoki

    I can already predict that this will be very bad season for Serbian clubs since Mega Vizura is just basketball agency club and it will probably play with some young players (but it can also create powerful team if their boss want), while Vojvodina simple don't have big money, first we will see if Vojvodina will have 150k to enter league at all. So this two clubs will 90% finish in bottom half.
    I can see Misko adding some players from his agecy like Velickovic this season

    I'm aslo not sure Vojvodina will play ABA league, I would not be surprised if Radnicki gets WC
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

  3. #3
    Senior Member Carick235's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    371
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pohani komarac View Post
    I'm aslo not sure Vojvodina will play ABA league, I would not be surprised if Radnicki gets WC
    They have problems, but there is big chance that they will play. Because of some debts Vojvodina also has a ban on signing foreign players or Serbian players who play abroad, because of debts they also moved from SPENS to some smaller hall. I see that their main sponsor, Srbijagas, promised that they will cover that debts, and also Ratko Butorović, president of FK Vojvodina and Vojvodina Sports Society, promised that they will help basketball club to play ABA, plus if they get help from the city authorities there should be no problems.

    Novi Sad is a big city and Vojvodina has large support there but because of constant conflicts and bad management they don't have stable club, also interesting thing about Vojvodina is that this is not original Vojvodina that played in Yugoslav league but this one was created in 2000 (plus last year club merged with Novi Sad), while old Vojvodina (1948) is now playing in the Second league, and bad relationship between these two clubs contributed a lot to the poor state of basketball there.
    This is the age we are currently living in, where war is peace, ignorance is strength and slavery is freedom.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Carick235's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    371
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Deadline for clubs with wild card to pay 150,000 euros is 20 June, and as Lorbek said in Sportski Žurnal if some clubs don't do it in time they will leave eight days for clubs who wish to apply for the wild card. I didn't know that Szolnoki wild card is also worth 150k as he said, i thought they give more for participation in place of some ex-yu club, i mean if they pay the same it is better to have some ex-yu club...

    They also mentioned that Široki have financial problems, but I do not think it will withdraw.
    This is the age we are currently living in, where war is peace, ignorance is strength and slavery is freedom.

  5. #5
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    12,734
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    I've just read Široki can't get those 150k € for a wild card. Široki is saying that some other teams in the past paid less and Lisac that no such thing happened.
    Since the NLB withdrawed from sponsor pyramid, league lacks a sponsor on an adequate level so I wouldn't be surprised if they replace Široki with someone else as they obviously need that money to operate.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Roy M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Holon
    Posts
    5,817

    Default

    I feel sorry that MTA decided to leave the ABA lasr season.
    Much options and better League then Israel.
    2019/2020:
    PG: Dorsey, Walters, S. Cohen
    SG: Wilbekin, D-Ba, Bryant
    SF:Casspi, Avdija, Zoosman
    PF: Acy, Coloiaro, J. Cohen
    PF: Black, Hunter

  7. #7
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    12,734
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Considering the way things look right now... 3rd team in BiH reportedly being uninterested, 3rd team from Slovenia having the major sponsor that's supposed to be sold within a while meaning they mostlikely won't get the neccesary money ... unless some Macedonian team purchases the wild card, Maccabi might as well be asked to join once again I guess

  8. #8
    Senior Member Carick235's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    371
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
    Considering the way things look right now... 3rd team in BiH reportedly being uninterested, 3rd team from Slovenia having the major sponsor that's supposed to be sold within a while meaning they mostlikely won't get the neccesary money ... unless some Macedonian team purchases the wild card, Maccabi might as well be asked to join once again I guess
    Radnički definitely want to play ABA, its better to have club from this region than have Maccabi again, we saw that league was a big mess with them.
    This is the age we are currently living in, where war is peace, ignorance is strength and slavery is freedom.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Carick235's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    371
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Now i see that ABA has extended the deadline to 5 July for Vojvodina and Široki, as i know Vojvodina is waiting for the city to approve bigger budget, nothing is certain for them (it all depends on the politicians), while Široki will probably find the required sum in time.

    Also Mega Vizura will play their matches in Smederevo (picture below) and not in Kruševac, as the hall in Kruševac needs a good renovation.

    f4e33a9036711b9bc66f6a6e5ad6ebcc.jpg
    This is the age we are currently living in, where war is peace, ignorance is strength and slavery is freedom.

  10. #10
    Senior Member AmonRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,506

    Default

    Cibona is doing a great job:
    blassingame, ?
    dj , ?
    saric, rozic
    ? ?
    Planinic, Zizic, Arapovic
    Maybe I miss something, but even this, make them 100% sure for minimum f4..

  11. #11
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    12,734
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    They seem to be out of financial troubles and getting back to where they belong. However I don't think the next season F4 will be something self-obvious. Zvezda, Cibona, Cedevita will have quite expensive teams, I don't think Partizan would drop the level, Bodućnost will be there somewhere as ussual, depends on their luck, Olimpija still has some debt's to repay however those are slowely coming to an end and with the young core I'd expect an overall progress, MZT Skopje now got used to the level which definately means more than people would believe, Igokea will make a step forward with eurocup, Krka with their budget can't be as bad twice in a row...

    4 teams will openly attack euroleague it seems, while for most others one reinforcement can make that difference to the F4, you can either be lucky and find Baynes, Strawberry or Green or on the other side Waters, Brown or someone like that. I'm eager to see what will be going on next season. Cibona coming back and Macedonians adding a decent team certanly improves the ussual level.

  12. #12
    Senior Member pohani komarac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,329
    Country: Croatia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmonRA View Post
    Cibona is doing a great job:
    blassingame, ?
    dj , ?
    saric, rozic
    ? ?
    Planinic, Zizic, Arapovic
    Maybe I miss something, but even this, make them 100% sure for minimum f4..
    Cibona is not Cibona without Davor Kus
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

  13. #13
    Senior Member UMUT_FB_LAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,483
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
    MZT Skopje now got used to the level which definately means more than people would believe
    I'd believe it. They've got amazing fans (so does Rabotniçki) and basketball is growing in Macedonia.

  14. #14
    Senior Member pohani komarac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,329
    Country: Croatia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UMUT_FB_LAL View Post
    I'd believe it. They've got amazing fans (so does Rabotniçki) and basketball is growing in Macedonia.
    Basketball in Macedonia has very long tradition, just like other countries of former Yugoslavia

    however their NT basketball will drop in next years with or without Bo McCalebb
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

  15. #15
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    12,734
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Olimpija had an annual assembly and showed some actual numbers for the first time, great move that would hopefully become a common practice in the future.

    team's incomes were 4,6M € and outcomes 3,94M, with 0,66M profit that went straight to repaying 1,3 M of debt this season. Club has about 1,7 M debt left to players, coaches, partners etc. and 1,45M € of credit left to repay. The budget for the first team was less than 1M € last season, they intend to keep somehow the same budget for the next season, while decreasing the outcomes by additional 15-20 % if possible. It's basicaly great news as that debt was around 5-6 millions ever since 01/02. The whole debt would supposedly be entirely repaid within the next two seasons. Pretty much a huge relief.

    Sulejmanović will likely leave for Barca, lots of talk of the background, but neverthless with Pipan as a head coach I don't think he is doing the best move as he'd be pushed forward in all competitions over here the way I know Pipan and he definately knows how to develop a prospect. Olimpija also gave an offer to Jaka Laković, but he'd receive much less than he can earn elsewhere and will mostlikely reject the offer.

    Jaka Brodnik (204cm, 92', SF) will be our first signing, as soon as the buyout with Laško gets solved.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Khalid80's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Posts
    11,102
    Country: Lebanon

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
    Olimpija had an annual assembly and showed some actual numbers for the first time, great move that would hopefully become a common practice in the future.

    team's incomes were 4,6M € and outcomes 3,94M, with 0,66M profit that went straight to repaying 1,3 M of debt this season. Club has about 1,7 M debt left to players, coaches, partners etc. and 1,45M € of credit left to repay. The budget for the first team was less than 1M € last season, they intend to keep somehow the same budget for the next season, while decreasing the outcomes by additional 15-20 % if possible. It's basicaly great news as that debt was around 5-6 millions ever since 01/02. The whole debt would supposedly be entirely repaid within the next two seasons. Pretty much a huge relief.

    Sulejmanović will likely leave for Barca, lots of talk of the background, but neverthless with Pipan as a head coach I don't think he is doing the best move as he'd be pushed forward in all competitions over here the way I know Pipan and he definately knows how to develop a prospect. Olimpija also gave an offer to Jaka Laković, but he'd receive much less than he can earn elsewhere and will mostlikely reject the offer.

    Jaka Brodnik (204cm, 92', SF) will be our first signing, as soon as the buyout with Laško gets solved.
    Olimpija tried to also sign one of the top imports from the Lebanese league this past season, the Canadian Michael Frasier (203-F/C-1984), but he received a better offer from Igokea and thus decided to join the Bosnian team.

  17. #17
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    12,734
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Thx for the news. Haven't yet read that anywhere. Seems as if Subotić whispered a word or two to Olimpija

  18. #18
    Senior Member AmonRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,506

    Default

    Igokea also does a solid job...
    They extend Dozet, and tabs Uros Nikolic(C from Radnicki), Fraser(Pf/C from Lebanon ), Pavkovic(pg from Nymburk)...
    Jorovic will not stay..

    Quote Originally Posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
    The budget for the first team was less than 1M € last season
    That was before Baynes and Green or after?

  19. #19
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    12,734
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Well, it would seem normal to me that was what the team paid through the season for NET wages with Baynes and Page included for those few months. Can't say it for certain, but seems feasible as Baynes and Page were only paid for 4 months or so untill they left, Waters left somewhere at that time as well and only Perković was brought as a replacement instead of those 3. Močnik, Bubnić haven't earned much, my guess would be Perković and Rupnik neither, while Murič, Blažič extremely overperformed considering their wages.

  20. #20
    Senior Member Khalid80's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Posts
    11,102
    Country: Lebanon

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
    Thx for the news. Haven't yet read that anywhere. Seems as if Subotić whispered a word or two to Olimpija
    True Subotic recommended Fraser for Olimpija as he thought Fraser would be a great fit and also because he wasn't getting a high salary in Lebanon (12 K US$ / month) yet he managed to dominate under the basket and averaged 20.1 ppg, 16.9 rpg! , 2.1 apg, 1.2 spg along with 1.4 bpg

    Olimpija offered him a total of 100K US$ for the season but Igokea's offer was for 150K US$ and a very high bonus as well so it was logical that Fraser went for Igokea's offer.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •