Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Music Videos With Tributes to Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by HABIBI
    The videos of those two guys are hilarious
    Last edited by rikhardur; 02-16-2007 at 09:21 AM.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71KFKopOX1w

music band Athena composed this song for the World Championship 2001 played in Turkey.
    This song became a basketball hymn in our country. Our National Baketball team has been called "12 Dev Adam" (12 Giant Men)

Here is a very recent international hit by DJ Erick E "The Beat Is Rockin'"

features basketball dribbling practice
    Last edited by worldbasketball; 04-03-2017 at 03:24 PM.

How about the unforgettabale "Walk of Life", a classic hit of Dire Straits. Here is the American version with a lot of memorable basketball footage:

although the international version was so much different

Last edited by worldbasketball; 04-03-2017 at 03:32 PM.

The Canadian folk band Great Big Sea with the Chieftains no less in their video Lukey and there is this young man dribbling a basket ball, hitting a basketball with his head...

The band is from the Newfoundland province east of the country and a very popular band.
    Last edited by worldbasketball; 04-03-2017 at 03:34 PM.

The video version of Finnish Eurovision winner "Hard Rock Hallelujah" by Lordi features basketball cheerleaders fainting, a basket ball on the wall and a lone backboard in a basketball court

Last edited by worldbasketball; 04-03-2017 at 03:39 PM.

Backstreet Boys is a very pro-basketball band that features basketball in many videos. Nick Carter is a very good basketball player as well. For example in the official video for "The One" they are shown in basketball clips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMdT8sTTuTg

-----

Nick Carter and Brian (Backstreet Boys) playing basketball

Brothers Nick and Aaron Carter playing basketball

Holywood Knights charity basketball team, here playing in Norway:

Last edited by worldbasketball; 04-03-2017 at 03:46 PM.

Very early on in this thread, I mentioned country music singer Kenny Chesney's "Who You'd Be Today" when one basketball player reminisces his basketball teammate and how he died so young. Any basketball player will be very much moved by this video.

---

Surprisingly I came across yet another Kenny Chesney video with huge basketball connections, called "I Go Back". The video is shot extensively in a basketball court and very touching as well (and dizzying as you will see...). It is written again for a death of an individual, this time Kenny Chesney's childhood mate of 16 years. The video is at:

There is also a brief footage of him playing basketball with friends.
    Last edited by worldbasketball; 04-03-2017 at 03:48 PM.

Wilber Pan (full name Pan Wei Bo) sings a cover version of a song made famous by Bread titled "Just When I Needed You Most"

Wilber is most famous internationally for "Bu De Bu Ai", but thanks to playing basketball in his cover version of "Just When I Needed You Most" many parts in Chinese, now you know him too....
    Last edited by worldbasketball; 04-03-2017 at 03:49 PM.

Red Hot Chilli Pepper's video "Hump De Bump" has many basketball cuts:

---

Also check Point Blank's "Born and Raised in the Ghetto"

Last edited by worldbasketball; 04-03-2017 at 03:51 PM.

The touching remake of Little Drummer Boy called "El Tamborilero" by reggaeton star Don Omar. Unbelievable how this song / video and this voice gets me everytime

And it is so fitting that it features the undieing love for basketball even in the poorest of circumstances in the scene of the two Puerto Rican kids playing the game and their make-shift basket.... and in another following shot of one of them holding his basket ball so proudly.

Here's for the basketball children of Puerto Rico and gracia to Don Omar for this eternal song.
    Last edited by worldbasketball; 04-03-2017 at 03:52 PM.

Although not a song, I'll post this amazing testimony to basketball and the dedication of one Jason McElwain ("J-Mac") of Rochester, New York, an autistic 17 year old kid.

Is it any wonder why basketball is so unbelievably beautiful and inspiring... and brings in the finest in people.

ESPN:

CNN

ESPY Awards that he won:
    Last edited by worldbasketball; 04-03-2017 at 04:03 PM.

Mark Wills has a song that features so many sports (including amongst others - basketball). The song is appropriately entitled "And The Crowd Goes Wild":

http://music.aol.com/video/and-the-c...-wills/1102531

Gym Class Heroes did this 2006 video "Shoot Down The Stars" which is shot partly in front of a basketball court where neighborhood kids are playing the game:

---

Not in a big way, but still... Rich Boy's "Throw Some D's" contains a brief glimpse of a boy dribbling a basket ball

Last edited by worldbasketball; 04-03-2017 at 04:08 PM.

You can check B2K (a boy band) in "Why I Love You" with a lot of basketball a la Lakers

---

Not as many basketball scenes as above, but yet another boy band called LFO in their delightful hit "Every Other Time", and one of the singers of LFO is seeing bragging while tackling a basket ball

Last edited by worldbasketball; 04-03-2017 at 04:13 PM.

The country singer Miranda Lambert pays tribute to small towns (she came from exactly such a small town) in her "Famous in a Small Town":

You have to wait till the end of the video (3:27 to 3:30) for a tribute to the basketball players in small towns trying to make their dreams come true.
    Last edited by worldbasketball; 04-03-2017 at 04:16 PM.

woah

really impressed by this topic and by the Tamborilero video which is kind of hard for me to explain since its a very emotional song. It is a typical christmas song in Puerto Rico and Don Omar recorded that song for a Christmas Special which, controversy aside, was a huge success mainly because of this song.

Anyway... another Dooooon!

Don Omar - Donqueo (Dunk)

1986 Puertorrican Basketball National Team

Opening of the BSN league of Puerto Rico
    Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
    16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
    Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
    8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast