Music Videos With Tributes to Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music Videos With Tributes to Basketball

There are lots of music videos that pay tribute to basketball, the greatest game on earth.

The videos may not necessarily be ALL about basketball. But the very cute references these artists put in their songs about basketball are remarkable and just show how much the love of basketball is universal and how these artists are attached to it, if we care to look a little bit more into their minds.... and hearts.

NOTE: Sorry these vidoes have been removed by YouTube. But I'll keep the references to the videos. Here they are

---

A great example of tribute to basketball is Mark Wahlberg when he was Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch in this song called "You Gotta Believe". A Spurs fan and a very decent basketball player as well...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Mark Wahlberg you may remember also acted a brilliant role in "Basketball Diaries" one of the most memorable movies I've seen in my life

---

Mark Wahbelg was also very active in celebrity / charity basketball events alongside a lot of the brightest stars of the time. Here is his performance in MTV of "Good Vibrations" with heart-warming clips of him playing basketball and really diggin' it.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

---

And here is the touching "Life in the Streets" where he wears the #13 jersey of the US National Basketball Team:

Last edited by worldbasketball; 07-02-2007, 05:22 AM.

Comment

1. Intro Beat - "AND1 Anthem" - Prince Paul
      2. Set it Off - Snoop Dogg
      3. Invincible - Capone and Noreaga
      4. We Run New York - MOP
      5. Streets - Kool G Rap
      6. Suzi Wrong Instrumental - The Last Emperor
      7. Outro Beat - "Blast Instrumental" - Talib Kweli

Check these

Comment

I would also suggest the country music star Kenny Chesney in a great tribute to basketball friendship "Who You'd Be Today" when one basketball player reminisces his basketball teammate and how soon he died.

"Sunny days seem to hurt the most
        I wear the pain like a heavy coat
        The only thing that gives me hope
        Is I know, I'll see you again someday

Someday, Someday..."

Kenny Chesney's official music video for 'Who You'd Be Today'. Click to listen to Kenny Chesney on Spotify: http://smarturl.it/KChSpotify?IQid=KChWUBTAs feat...
        Last edited by worldbasketball; 04-03-2017, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Lil Bow Wow "Basketball"

Aaron Carter "That's How I Beat Shaq"

Live version of same (Disney performance)

Aaron Carter: "Bounce"

Live version of same:
          Last edited by worldbasketball; 04-03-2017, 02:18 PM.

Comment

A true gem: A 1981-1982 song about the Memphis Tigers called Bu-Bu-Bu-Bu-Basketball with very interesting old footage of Tiger games.

Last edited by worldbasketball; 04-03-2017, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Since I mentioned the movie "Basketball Diaries"....

The trailer of the movie here with beautiful basketball references:

Also movie scenes featuring a lot of the basketball shoots from the movie

Last edited by worldbasketball; 04-03-2017, 02:43 PM.

Comment

The country sensation Tim McGraw is well known to love and play basketball every chance he gets. Here in his cult song "Cowboy In Me" and in one of the most memorable lines in the song:

We ride and never worry about the fall
                I guess thats just the cowboy in us all

he is shown playing basketball, as if he would have also sang: We (rise) and never worry about the fall, I guess that's the (ball player) in us all" or that's how I see it anyway.

Without this interpretation, the basketball scene would have been totally meaningless... and would not have been there anyhow... So my guess is it is there for a purpose... and shows ultimate tribute to basketball in one the most famous of his songs that you can find here:

His friendship with Nelly on a basketball court, because they had become basketball "buddies", would result later on in another world number one called "Over and Over Again" by Tim McGraw and Nelly collaborating.
                Last edited by worldbasketball; 12-09-2006, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Nice thread with some older stuff...
                  I kinda liked the hoop dreams soundtrack and song with the same title...

Comment

Actually not a song, but this PSA (Public Service Announcement) on adopting has a basketball theme. I found it on YouTube:

THe song featured is Air Supply "When I Need You"
                    Last edited by worldbasketball; 01-03-2007, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Coldplay's "The Scientist", a huge international hit for the band has a great reference about basketball friendship in the official video:

Last edited by worldbasketball; 04-03-2017, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Blink 182's "What's My Age Again?" is one of the most "revealing" video clips ever done where they run stark naked.

Why is it a tribute to basketball? Actually the band members, naked throughout, also pass running naked through a basketball court where one of the Blink's actually snatches the ball and scores a basket while the basketball players are looking amazed...

So nice of Blink 182 to greet basketball in this classic clip. Shows how much they love the game.
                        Last edited by worldbasketball; 04-03-2017, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Welcome back, WBB... we've missed your basketball-related topics

Stuart
                          http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
                          http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
                          http://www.interbasket.net

Comment

because I can't sleep, I'll post to a silly thread

Kurtis Blow, "Basketball"

5ive, "Slam Dunk tha Funk"

Red Hot Chili Peppers, "Magic Johnson"
                            Michelle Tackabery
                            Tackabery Chronicle
                            Durham, NC, USA

Comment

Thanks for the links.
                              For some reason, they don't work on my PC. So I am giving new links of same that seem workable

Curtis Blow "Basketball"

Red Hot Chilli Peppers "Magic Johnson"

---

5ive "Slam Dunk Da Funk"
                              Last edited by worldbasketball; 04-03-2017, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information