This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Zealand NBL

I'm not sure if a thread for New Zealand's local basketball league has been started before yet, but I think it's about time to start one, by the way Tab Baldwin is back in NZ, coaching a local team, the HBS Bank Hawks

This is my local team, The Wellington Saints

Wellington Saints

2012 Placing
    Runners Up (9 wins, 8 losses)

Coach
    Pero Cameron

Team
    Andrew Warren*, Casey Frank, Lindsay Tait, Corey Webster, Dillon Boucher, Arthur Trousdell, Damien Ekenasio, Mike Homik, Jordan Mills, Jason Thompson, Hemi Pairama-Lewington , Kiki Kiriau

The Wellington Saints will be one of only two franchise to reach 600 games (Nelson Giants played 609 ) when they host Taranaki in Round Two. Saints have had a big off season with the signings of Lindsay Tait, Corey Webster and Dillon Boucher. After winning a three peat with the NZ Breakers, Boucher will be playing his final basketball season, currently at 9 NZNBL championships. Former Cairns Taipan Andrew Warren fills one of the import positions and will spread the floor with his strong outside shooting. By far one of the most experienced rosters, the Saints will be aiming for their fifth final in the last six seasons.

Comment

Hey Basketcase, do the saints have a game this Friday ? where TSB bank arena ? what time? Is Steve Adams suiting up for the Saints?
      NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
      https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

Originally posted by analyzed View Post
        Hey Basketcase, do the saints have a game this Friday ? where TSB bank arena ? what time? Is Steve Adams suiting up for the Saints?
        Sorry for the late reply, haven't got a chance to watch any games yet and no, I don't think Steven will suit up for the Saints.

Comment

This is an old thread haha! Steven has been drafted by the OKC Thunder and is now playing in the NBA! Check out www.nzhoops.co.nz too for more New Zealand and Australian basketball news (with some NBA stuff thrown in).
          Lifelong basketball player and fan
          Proprietor of www.nzhoops.co.nz
          NZ and Aus Basketball News

Comment

Saints win in nail biter over Nuggets

Tagged in: NBL
            April 21, 2014

The Pacific Jewellers Saints have survived after a furious comeback by the OceanaGold Nuggets, final score 77-76.

After trailing by eight heading into the final period the Nuggets fought their way back into the contest with their defense as the Saints flustered offensively.

The Nuggets would tie the game at 76 all with 37 seconds left after two made free throws from Brendon Polyblank (21 points).

Saints point guard Lindsay Tait would be fouled in the next possession and he would make the first free throw but miss the second, setting up a potential game winner for the Nuggets with 11 seconds to go.

American Troy Payne missed a mid range jump shot but managed to grab the offensive rebound and was fouled with only one second remaining.

Unfortunately it was not going to be the fairy tale upset win as Payne would miss both free throws and the Saints would grab the rebound taking their record to 5-0.

After leading by ten at the half it looked like the Saints may run away with the game, but the Nuggets showed the grit that has so far led them to three wins.

Payne was everywhere on the court and it showed in the stats, getting the first triple double of the season with 17 points, 12 assists, 10 rebounds, and he also grabbed five steals.

League leading scorer Corey Webster continues to put up good numbers, scoring a game high 25 points.

In Taradale the IMS Payroll Hawks continue their hot streak at home defeating the Breakers Manawatu Jets 81-72.

The Hawks had to work for the victory trailing by as many as ten, but again a strong fourth quarter would be the difference, outscoring the Jets 29-17.

Although struggling with foul trouble Hawks forward Dustin Scott had a double-double of 19 points and 16 rebounds, Kareem Johnson added 12 points and 14 rebounds.

Manawatu would trail by as many as ten in the final period, but a late rally saw them close to within four with 1:20 remaining.

After a long delay with shot clock issues, Everard Bartlett managed to hit a very tough fall away three to push the lead back up to seven, sealing their fourth win which puts them up to second, only one game behind Wellington.

It was not the weekend the Jets had hoped for losing both their games this Easter weekend, but they have an opportunity to quickly turn things around when they play on the road to the Fico Finance Nelson Giants and the Canterbury Rams on back to back nights.

Hawks will have a strong test next week as they play on the road to the Nuggets and Zerofees Southland Sharks.

Comment

Is there an option to view the basketball from an NZ location without subscribing to Sky?

myfiosgateway.one

mobdro

Comment

I'm looking forward to the next match
                Tower Defense
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Goold luck. It was a tough game. Kiwis gave a hard fight.
                  You live with the Freak you die with the Freak!!!

Comment

WritePaperFor.Me exceeded my expectations! The site's user-friendly interface made ordering a breeze. The writer delivered a high-quality essay ahead of the deadline. Great value for money site https://writepaperfor.me/. Highly recommend for reliable and professional writing services.

Comment

I've noticed an increasing number of Expert Reviews at LinkedIn seeking academic writing services. It's crucial to prioritize ethical academic practices over shortcuts. Let's encourage a culture of learning and integrity, fostering a community where students can showcase genuine achievements rather than relying on external help for academic success.

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information