No announcement yet.

The New Orleans Pelicans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cousins is out for the season with a ruptured Achilles.

Shame for both him and the Pels. It could cost him a huge payday, too.

Comment

Gentry should ask himself is this injury on him? he plays DMC 37 mpg or more this month, i still remember AD got sprained ankle in game vs Nuggets, but gentry puts him back in game and he continues playing with pain on his face, there is something off with this organisation, its no wonder they have so many injuries...
      Republic of CRVENA ZVEZDA

Comment

Very sad that we most likey have seen DeMarcus Cousins best days already. Historically no player coming back from this injury has ever outperformed his pre injury play and almost none have even played at a very high level after coming back.
        The odds are extremely stacked against him but at 27 maybe he can buck the trend.

A possible comparison can be made with the career of Elton Brand.

Brand. 28 years old at time of injury
        Cousins 27

Brand prior to injury 8 years 606 games played 38.3 Min. 20.3-10.2-2.7. 51%

Cousins. 8 years. 535 games
        32.3 Min. 21.5-11.0-3.2. 46%

Brand after injury parts of 9 years
        452 games 25.8 Min 10.0-6.3-1.2. 49%
        Last edited by usagre; 01-28-2018, 05:11 PM.
        Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

To be fair, Brand's numbers were extremely limited by playing with a ballhog like Lou Williams. He was also fairly undersized. He was still effective enough to have averaged 18-20 for the first three years of his contract at the very least.

I think Cousins can still be dominant, just not as mobile or explosive as he once was. Which is a shame because he has really taken his game to another level these past few years.

You might have a point about Gentry, PeraCar.

Comment

The potential deal that would have Nikola Mirotic be acquired by the Pelicans stalled due to Mirotic's contract for 2018-19 season -- to be exercised by the player. Pelicans trying to compensate for the loss of Cousins with this one by shedding Asik's contract then player injury exemption from the cap.
            Sacramento Kings
            HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

I wonder if they would trade for DeAndre? Or just not even bother to salvage the season?

Comment

Emeka Okafor starting tonight. If we ask him, it was not easy getting back into the NBA rotation.
                Sacramento Kings
                HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Good for him!

I didn't think he ever would after that neck injury.

Comment

probably not happening but the trade the Brow chant is strong. Thoughts?
                    WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
                    SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Comment

• Originally posted by C2Hamm View Post
                      probably not happening but the trade the Brow chant is strong. Thoughts?
                      No one is New Orleans is saying that. No one has.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steadysoul View Post
                        How would you know?

Normally I would say they would be insane to trade him (and I still think they would be) but if Cousins can get back to 100% somehow and they re-sign him, they don't really need AD. There's no question Cousins is the best Center in the league when healthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steadysoul View Post
                          a lot of movements\trades start as rumors. And there has been rumors for AD to GSW(centered around Klay and possibly Green) and AD to Celtics around Kyrie.

Like I said, I doubt it, but its worth to listen to atleast. Im not that familiar with NO salary but my understanding is bulk of it is on AD and Holiday. if Boogie walks away, will you be able to sign substantial support for AD to atleast stay in the playoffs if not move further? If you can get a good deal for AD and convince Boogie to stay, that might keep you guys in the hunt for a few more years. Resigning Boogie will be heaps expensive, I dont know how much you can augment your team between the salaris of AD-Holiday-Boogie.

top of my head if a trade from GSW\Boston is put into table without looking at salaries yet - just me so there is absolutely no truth in this:

GSW - AD
                          NO - Klay and Green or Klay, Iggy, and Bell
                          ----
                          Boston - AD
                          NO - Kyrie plus multiple picks; or Kyrie and Morris

GSW trade gives you depth and Boston gets you Kyrie to pair with Boogie and chance to get young assets.
                          WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
                          SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Comment

• If I'm New Orleans no way I do either of those trades.

I want Tatum, Brown, Rozier, plus picks from Boston or Draymond, Damian Jones, Bell, plus picks from Golden State. You're talking about a perennial MVP candidate who the Pelicans are under no obligation to trade. There hasn't been a trade like that since I don't even know... Barkley maybe? It's virtually unheard of.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHBB View Post
                              If I'm New Orleans no way I do either of those trades.

I want Tatum, Brown, Rozier, plus picks from Boston or Draymond, Damian Jones, Bell, plus picks from Golden State. You're talking about a perennial MVP candidate who the Pelicans are under no obligation to trade. There hasn't been a trade like that since I don't even know... Barkley maybe? It's virtually unheard of.
                              I agree 100% about Anthony Davis. And what you're proposing that Boston gives up probably still isn't enough. There is no equal value out there in any potential trade especially since he's contractually locked up. Only way he is moved is if he demands a trade and I haven't seen any such reports.
                              Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHBB View Post
                                How would you know?

Normally I would say they would be insane to trade him (and I still think they would be) but if Cousins can get back to 100% somehow and they re-sign him, they don't really need AD. There's no question Cousins is the best Center in the league when healthy.
                                These rumors have been around for the last two years and none of them are coming from New Orleans. It's wish fulfillment from mediocre sports writers.
                                No one who works for The Pelicans or writes about them actually thinks AD will be traded anytime soon. Don't let Boston sports media fool you and don't let misleading writing tell you the Warriors are actively trying to trade for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information