Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are they now?

Hi guys,

Tell us about some interesting stories about the former basketball players from your counties. What are they doing after the end of their careers? Have they started some new interesting careers, which do not include basketball?

Cheers

Originally posted by Mickii View Post
    Hi guys,

Tell us about some interesting stories about the former basketball players from your counties. What are they doing after the end of their careers? Have they started some new interesting careers, which do not include basketball?

Cheers
    Darko Milicic is a farmer now, to be precise he owns a lot of orchards and fruit plantations in Serbia. Doing really well, fucking around with his friends. Despite a huge "what if" of his career, he actually didn't piss away his money and seems to be a better person out of basketball.

Comment

That's good to hear, Coach.

I think we talked about this before, but I still found how Zoran Erceg's career ended really strange. He was only 30 and had achieved his best ever scoring season in the Euroleague, rumours about Real and the NBA (!!). Then he goes to Eurobasket 2015 and after that, nothing. There was some talk at the time of him turning down offers and waiting for a bigger contract. I think it was claimed later on that he had a back injury... but he did play in the Eurobasket right before that season started.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz View Post
        That's good to hear, Coach.

I think we talked about this before, but I still found how Zoran Erceg's career ended really strange. He was only 30 and had achieved his best ever scoring season in the Euroleague, rumours about Real and the NBA (!!). Then he goes to Eurobasket 2015 and after that, nothing. There was some talk at the time of him turning down offers and waiting for a bigger contract. I think it was claimed later on that he had a back injury... but he did play in the Eurobasket right before that season started.
        I think he was diagnosed with a degenerative back condition and decided it was not worth it to risk it by playing basketball. He was always a strange one though, so it could be something personal.

Comment

Ah ok, I thought it was an injury rather than something even more serious. He just retired very quietly after about 18 months of not playing.

He probably played his best basketball for Ataman, interestingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz View Post
            Ah ok, I thought it was an injury rather than something even more serious. He just retired very quietly after about 18 months of not playing. mcdvoice

He probably played his best basketball for Ataman, interestingly.
            He was only 30 and had achieved his best ever scoring season in the Euroleague, rumours about Real and the NBA (!!). Then he goes to Eurobasket 2015 and after that, nothing. There was some talk at the time of him turning down offers and waiting for a bigger contract.

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information