Canadian Nik Stauskas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
    Interesting that Nik Stauskas has landed a gig as a TSN network analyst for the NBA playoffs!

Stauskas Breaks Down Pacers' Final Shot

Well he may be unemployed in a year or two and he is setting the stage for a new career!

Seriously though - he really needs to get his crap together in a hurry or he will be gone from the NBA within a year or two. He was awful again this season and didn't show much improvement.

Granted he is still fairly young and he started to come around in the last couple months of the season. But he had a shot at a starting role on by far the worst team in the NBA and didn't showed much at all. After watching him at Michigan I really thought he had an elite talent that would transfer easily to the NBA (shooting), but it hasn't been the case. I don't really understand if it is a mental thing or he just is too weak(?) or unathletic(?) to get clean shots off against NBA level defenders.

I really hope he can turn it around....perhaps JJ Redick is a good model. He was deemed a near failure in his first couple years, but through really hard work and adjusting his game has becoming a good NBA player.

Comment

Stauskas showed some progress with the 76ers. With his time on the court increasing 61%, his points per game went up from 4.4 to 8.5 from the previous season. His two point shooting percentage jumped from 40.8% to 47.3% and his three point shooting percentage increased from 32.2% to 32.6%. Still somewhat low though.

Overall I think he went to the NBA too early. He should have stayed at the University of Michigan for the additional two years he needed to earn his B.A. He's still a fairly young 22 years of age though.

Comment

Nik made an appearance as a guest instructor at a basketball camp for kids by the Baltic Sea in Lithuania over the weekend:

And here he is with a friend he found in Lithuania earlier in the week:

Somehow I don't think the 76ers would be pleased though if Nik decided to test his skill driving in a rally....

Comment

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
          Nik made an appearance as a guest instructor at a basketball camp for kids by the Baltic Sea in Lithuania over the weekend:

And here he is with a friend he found in Lithuania earlier in the week:

Somehow I don't think the 76ers would be pleased though if Nik decided to test his skill driving in a rally....

Stauskas may be auditioning for his next job? The way Sixer fans talk, Nik is a strong candidate to be waived at training camp (from the worst team in the league).

I think he might be too weak (mentally and physically) for the NBA. This summer he ditched the Canadian national team with the excuse that this is a crucial summer where he must spend all his time in the gym improving his body and game. Yet he spends a great deal of time doing media appearances all over North america and now Lithuania. He has made endless appearances on TSN (Canadian sports channel), hosted the ESPYs as a "red carpet interviewer", gone to Footlocker mall appearances all over the country. Seemingly everything but work on his game. I am not sure he has the mental fortitude to be an NBA player or a top EL player (still hope he proves me wrong). I for one have been watching the lower Canadian ranks for a new SG or two to replace my dreams of Nik being that guy for the Senior team. Jamal Murray has arrived, now we need some wing depth.

Comment

He was actually taken out for a ride in the car!

Last edited by Hepcat; 08-21-2016, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Stauskas' career really took a step backward last year. Any speculations as to his future? Europe maybe?

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information