Giannis Antetokoumpo Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giannis Antetokoumpo Thread

Giannis Adetokunbo has emerged from relative obscurity to rank among the very best international prospects in the 1994 age group. We investigate his unique background and NBA prospects with a video scouting report, full evaluation, and interview.

Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Giannis Antetokoumpo Thread

Hey I've been hearing a lot about this guy, He and his brother now have their passports This means they can now travel outside the country to play in games in different countries, or in different leagues. It also means that both brothers can now officially be registered with the Greek national team for official tournaments.Bryan Colangelo of the Toronto Raptors and Masai Ujiri of the Denver Nuggets already watch his game. Unfortunaley I have only seen Highlight videos on Youtube, For those who have seen him in a full game, What's the scouting report on this guy? Does he really play the point guard position?

Comment

Originally posted by alex15 View Post
      Hey I've been hearing a lot about this guy, He and his brother now have their passports This means they can now travel outside the country to play in games in different countries, or in different leagues. It also means that both brothers can now officially be registered with the Greek national team for official tournaments.Bryan Colangelo of the Toronto Raptors and Masai Ujiri of the Denver Nuggets already watch his game. Unfortunaley I have only seen Highlight videos on Youtube, For those who have seen him in a full game, What's the scouting report on this guy? Does he really play the point guard position?
      I guess sooner or later we were going to have a thread for at least one of the Adetokubo brothers...
      We had some discussions about him in the thread below but I think it would be better if we move the discussion into this thread.

Comment

Giannis Antetokoumpo appears in most NBA 2013 mock drafts.
        Sacramento Kings
        HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Danny Ainge and the Celtics seems to be interested in this prospect.

In the latest installment of “Catch a Rising Star,” Boston Celtics president Dany Ainge traveled to Greece to get a first-hand look at Giannis Adetokunbo, the 6-foot-10 point guard who …
          Sacramento Kings
          HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

along celtics there is interesting from many other teams of the NBA.
            somewhere i read that 18scouts have been seen him from the start of the season.
            he is a huge prospect and along his one year older brother he is the best prospects of Greek basketball.
            next year most probably Yannis will play to Zaragosa who managed soon to take his signature while Thanasis his brother to PAO or OLY.
            more info is that the family has 2 more childs.The young one it has been said that has the most talent of all according to his age ofcourse..
            1st in IBN 2018-2019
            2nd in IBN 2016-2017
            2nd in IBN 2015-2016
            1st in IBN 2014-2015
            2nd in IBN 2013-2014
            2nd in IBN 2012-2013
            2nd in IBN 2010-2011
            3nd in IBN 2009-2010
            1st in IBN 2008-2009
            2nd in IBN 2007-2008

If you love player and team comparisons, please join me in my channels
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIT...JLx5BerQtam9_A
            https://www.facebook.com/sport.rankings.10
            @RankingsSport

Comment

Originally posted by CG View Post
              along celtics there is interesting from many other teams of the NBA.
              somewhere i read that 18scouts have been seen him from the start of the season.
              he is a huge prospect and along his one year older brother he is the best prospects of Greek basketball.
              next year most probably Yannis will play to Zaragosa who managed soon to take his signature while Thanasis his brother to PAO or OLY.
              more info is that the family has 2 more childs.The young one it has been said that has the most talent of all according to his age ofcourse..
              Giannis indeed seems to be a really huge talent and basketball analysts are saying that if Giannis decides to enter the NBA draft he might be selected in the first round (mid to late first round)

Yeah they're actually 5 brothers and all play/played with Filathlitikos

Andreas Adetokubo (195, Forward, 1984)
              Thanasis Adetokubo (200, Forward, 1993)
              Giannis Adetokubo (206, Forward, 1994)
              Kostas Adetokubo (190, Forward, 1997)... Currently playing with Filathlitikos Jr. Team
              Alexandros Adetokubo (183, Guard, 2001)... Currently playing with Filathlitikos Jr. Team

Comment

I've watched a game of his and a few other highlight/scouting videos and I am impressed with the way he moves. He seems fast with good lift, moves laterally well, handles look decently tight for a player his size. At this very early point, I actually like what I've seen from him more than any other European prospect this year or next.

Comment

Today's news. The Adetokubo bros will both have a Greek passport soon as the legal framework allowed it after all and there's strong will by both the federation and sports ministry

Comment

Originally posted by kalashnikov View Post
                    Today's news. The Adetokubo bros will both have a Greek passport soon as the legal framework allowed it after all and there's strong will by both the federation and sports ministry
                    That's great news! Because I still remember reading this article a couple of months ago...

Court orders citizenship law to be scrapped

Council of State deems right of migrants to become Greek unconstitutional

ekathimerini.com , Tuesday February 5, 2013 (20:40)

The Council of State on Tuesday deemed unconstitutional a law passed almost three years ago which allows second-generation migrants to apply for Greek citizenship and to stand in local elections.

Greece’s highest administrative court ruled that only Greeks could stand for office. It also decided that the criteria for offering Greek citizenship were not sufficient and that each case should be examined individually to ensure the applicant has a genuine bond with Greece.

Known as the Ragousis law after former Interior Minister Yiannis Ragousis, the citizenship law was ratified by Parliament in early 2010, allowing those who had been born to immigrant parents legally living in Greece for at least five years to be granted Greek citizenship provided they had studied at a Greek school for a minimum of six years.

The Council of State’s decision could mean that some of those who were granted Greek citizenship in the last three years will lose their rights. It is not clear if the ruling will affect the outcome of local elections in 2010.

Greece had stopped granting citizenship under Ragousis criteria law in December, in anticipation of the court ruling being made public. The decision irked coalition partners PASOK and Democratic Left.

Deputy Interior Minister Haralambos Athanassiou said last month that the law would be replaced with legislation that would require migrants to show a “genuine bond” with Greece and prove they had assimilated into Greek culture.
                    NOVEMBER 22, 1951 PLASTIRAS TAKEN ILL: According to a medical bulletin issued from the prime minister’s political bureau yesterday (November 15), Prime Minister Nikolaos Plastiras was troubled by some chest pains last Thursday which forced him to remain in bed. The bulletin, signed by his doctors Professor N. Tsaboulas, K. Maroulis head of the Red […]

Comment

“Visits” are on a weekly basis and as we approach the draft day, interest for Giannis Adetoncubo will increase day by day. Representatives of eight different NBA teams (Pistons, Heat, Spurs, Grizzlies, Utah, Denver Cavaliers, Hawks) were present at the game of Filathlitikos against Kifisia on the 27th of April and three days later, three more teams sent their executives to Athens.
                      Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                      Artificial Nature

Comment

It's now confirmed that Giannis Adetokubo has obtained the Greek passport and can represent the Greek NT if selected.

I know google is horrible to use when it comes to translating but you can see that Giannis is proud and really wants to represent the Greek NT rather than the Nigerian one.

Για να μαθαίνεις πρώτος όσα συμβαίνουν στο χώρο του αθλητισμού, πλήρης κάλυψη για όλα τα σπορ. Ποδόσφαιρο, Μπάσκετ, Βόλεϊ, Πόλο, Χάντμπολ, Στίβος, Σπορ, Αυτοκίνητο, Συνεντεύξεις, Αφιερώματα, WEB TV, Eιδήσεις, Videos, Σχόλια, Αρθρογραφία. Με ένα κλικ στην οθόνη σου.

Comment

I've been watching Antetokounmpo with the B' NT: my dears, the guy is pure basketball. If he'll be allowed to learn some basics within the next two-three years, he'll be a terrific All Star.
                          Γυμναστικός Σύλλογος Περιστερίου

Comment

Him and papapetrou playing in the ncaa are the biggest prospects in greece.
                            1st in IBN 2018-2019
                            2nd in IBN 2016-2017
                            2nd in IBN 2015-2016
                            1st in IBN 2014-2015
                            2nd in IBN 2013-2014
                            2nd in IBN 2012-2013
                            2nd in IBN 2010-2011
                            3nd in IBN 2009-2010
                            1st in IBN 2008-2009
                            2nd in IBN 2007-2008

If you love player and team comparisons, please join me in my channels
                            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIT...JLx5BerQtam9_A
                            https://www.facebook.com/sport.rankings.10
                            @RankingsSport

Comment

This picture says a lot about Antetokoumpo's freakish leaping abilities

Adekotunbo leaping.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information