Bruno "3-point" Šundov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruno "3-point" Šundov

He really seemed one of those players who end up being prospects the whole career, but he's doing pretty good since joining ACB's Etosa Alicante last year.

The most incredible thing is that he actually is now a consistent 3-point shooter I don't know if others here will be surprised by this, but I surely am. I mean, the only guy I can think of with similar height shooting behind the arc regularly was Sabas... And that itself means *a whole lot*.

Looking at his stats when playing in the NBA he shot a few 3-pointers, but they were really a few and not much effective at all (0-4 2000/2001 season, 0-1 2001/2002 season, 4-16 2002/2003 season, 1-3 2004/2005 season).

His 3-point stats last year at Alicante: 7-20 35% in 30 games.
    His 3-point stats this year at Alicante: 11-18 61% in 11 games

Today he nailed 4 out of 4 3-pointers to help his team beat Bruesa and was the top scorer of the game with 27 pts (7-9 FG, 1-1 FT) + 8 rebs.
    His current averages are 11.6 ppg and 5.4 rpg in 24 mpg.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

when 3-point shooting is main weapon of a 221cm tall player, that is not a good sign. As lethal as Bruno can be on offense, he is really really poor defensive player...lack coordination, is soft, doesn`t rebound well...very poor shotblocker for his size. Im glad he is getting some consistent production finally through.
    My blog about european hoops http://insidehoops.blog.com

Comment

Originally posted by Markoishvili
      when 3-point shooting is main weapon of a 221cm tall player, that is not a good sign. As lethal as Bruno can be on offense, he is really really poor defensive player...lack coordination, is soft, doesn`t rebound well...very poor shotblocker for his size. Im glad he is getting some consistent production finally through.
      You're right, I agree entirely.
      The thing I wanted to emphasize though, was the fact that a player as tall as he is able to sink 3-pointers. That's fairly uncommon, I can only remember Sabonis, and it's quite an achievement. If he improves at least defensively, he can become a very dangerous player. He still has some time do develop those qualities (and I hope he does).
      Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur
        You're right, I agree entirely.
        The thing I wanted to emphasize though, was the fact that a player as tall as he is able to sink 3-pointers. That's fairly uncommon, I can only remember Sabonis, and it's quite an achievement. If he improves at least defensively, he can become a very dangerous player. He still has some time do develop those qualities (and I hope he does).
        maybe a fact that he grew up playing for KK Split has something to do with it..
        Vujčić can also shoot 3 pointers..
        "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Originally posted by Picek
          maybe a fact that he grew up playing for KK Split has something to do with it..
          I don't doubt that

Originally posted by Picek
          Vujčić can also shoot 3 pointers..
          That's right, bue he's 2.11m, there are more players that can shoot with that height or even with a bit more. But the fact remains that Šundov is 2.21m and that's the surprising fact.
          Artificial Nature

Comment

No 3-pointers this time, but quite a good display: 13 pts (6-12 FG, 1-2 FT) + 7 rebs.
            Artificial Nature

Comment

Having recently joined León, he had a big game in this weekend's round: 18 pts (5-6 FG, 2-2 3pt, 2-2 FT) + 6 rebs + 1 block in just 16 minutes. León beat Fuenlabrada away 92-98.
              Artificial Nature

Comment

Yeah he's at it again, this time making 5 out 7 threes for 21 points and 9 rebounds in 27 minutes as Kavala lost to PAO. I think not even Sabonis did such a thing.
                Artificial Nature

Comment

when he wenn't to NBA as kid he once said I'm not a center, I'm more guard or forward. He just always wannted to be guard and that cost him biger carer plus fact he left to NBA to earley. Tough he is only one who I can't blame as he had very poor chilldhood and he did that to help his family
                  Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

SG Bruno Sundov signed for Osječki Sokol, Croatian A1 league.

Legendary 220cm SG just found his 21st club

Split (Croatia)
                    Dallas (NBA)
                    Leons de Ponce (Puerto Rico)
                    Indiana (NBA)
                    Boston (NBA)
                    Cleveland (NBA)
                    New York (NBA)
                    Gary Steelheads (CBA)
                    Maccabi (Israel)
                    Pepinester (Belgium)
                    Alicante (Spain)