This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 27th FIBA Asia Championship [Manila, Philippines, Aug 1-11]

Please don't tell me it'll take place in China again!

It would be very nice if FIBA Asia gives it to Kuwait. We have the ability to host such an event, in my opinion. Kuwait never hosted the Asian championship before, so it will also be our first time hosting the tournament, if we end up getting it.

Originally posted by Kutsuit View Post

It would be very nice if FIBA Asia gives it to Kuwait. We have the ability to host such an event, in my opinion. Kuwait never hosted the Asian championship before, so it will also be our first time hosting the tournament, if we end up getting it.
    I think the answer of that one is simple since the 2011 edition should have been played here in Beirut but for various reasons the FLB gave it away in a sort of a trade as the 2013 edition will be held in Lebanon.

However i always support the idea that countries having a weaker squad than the regular powerhouses should always get the chance to host such events.

Comment

so are you saying kuwait is weaker?

and lebanon is stronger?

f u r, then y protest 2 Philippine team players???

stronger huh?...

lebanon and philippines had been playing a number of times already and u haven't questioned "eligibility", yet you do BARELY AN HOUR BEFORE THE FIRST FIBA ASIA GAME.

when we cant beat you before, we practiced til we die to do so.
      when you cant beat us anymore, you protest.

hahah. stronger?

or LOSERS?

Comment

I think China if they won't win here

and yes I think it's a good idea, Kuwait or UAE. they are good in hosting.

no East Asia please, I hate waking up early

Comment

Originally posted by bukag.2011 View Post
          so are you saying kuwait is weaker?

and lebanon is stronger?

f u r, then y protest 2 Philippine team players???

stronger huh?...

lebanon and philippines had been playing a number of times already and u haven't questioned "eligibility", yet you do BARELY AN HOUR BEFORE THE FIRST FIBA ASIA GAME.

when we cant beat you before, we practiced til we die to do so.
          when you cant beat us anymore, you protest.

hahah. stronger?

or LOSERS?
          seriously every other topic is about your players ? get a life !

Comment

Originally posted by mohsena2631 View Post

Moshen, i'd disagree with your statement hehe 'cause i hate sleeping late
            you know why I am happy

Comment

Originally posted by b3lowzro View Post
              Moshen, i'd disagree with your statement hehe 'cause i hate sleeping late
              lol, So one must do sacrifice. sleeping late isn't that bad, is it ? at least you don't have to escape from your job/study.

Comment

lol, So one must do sacrifice. sleeping late isn't that bad, is it ? at least you don't have to escape from your job/study.
                i think giving Iran the hosting rights is the best bet then
                that way none of us will sleep too late or too early
                The extremes in terms of sleeping time would be to hold it in lebanon or china.

Comment

If this will takes place again in China...its proper to say "FIBA-China Cup" not FIBA-Asia anymore...
                  Not only does God play dice, but sometimes he throws the dice where we can’t see them.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if China will host it again (for the nth time)

Comment

FIBA Asia 2013 scenario: (somewhere in china)

South korea will not join < china would egg on north korea to attack sokor and thus they will be busy fighting a war>

Japan will be banned from joining<chinese commandos will raid nuclear power plants and release nuclear radiations contaminating japanese players>

Iran will be there of course < but minus 3 or more players who will be down with stomach discomfort eating "chinese noodles">

The philippines will not be allowed to land on chinese soil <cold war: hand over the spratley's first>

Qatar will lose 3/4th of their team <China will give FIBA the obvious nudge that ehem they should join FIBA africa not asia>

Jordan will join <but lose 2 or three players five minutes before the game due to fiba sanctions on dual nationalities>

That leaves chinese taipei, malaysia, indonesia, kuwait, uae, india etc..

Discalimer: dont take these seriously guys..im just playin' peace out

Comment

Urumqi
                        Originally posted by Fedfan
                        Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                        Originally posted by GuTO
                        refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Originally posted by JGX View Post
                          Urumqi
                          Urumqui was supposed to host the Second FIBA-Asia Under-16 Championship for Women this coming October but the tournament was moved to Jinan from December 4 to 11, 2011.
                          Servinio's FACEBOOK Fan Club
                          Servinio's Blog of Sports
                          Servinio's Official YouTube channel
                          Servinio's Official TWITTER account
                          Servinio's Official Instagram account

Comment

Who will be the next host of China Invitationals?
                            To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                            1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Thanks for replying, everyone.

Originally posted by mavrick_h View Post
                              I think the answer of that one is simple since the 2011 edition should have been played here in Beirut but for various reasons the FLB gave it away in a sort of a trade as the 2013 edition will be held in Lebanon.

However i always support the idea that countries having a weaker squad than the regular powerhouses should always get the chance to host such events.
                              Oh, I didn't know that. In that case, it rules out any possibility of Kuwait getting it. But we could try for 2015, though.

I think it's great Lebanon will host the tournament in 2013. It's a passionate basketball nation and I'm sure the games will attract lots of fans. The home advantage could also benefit Lebanon's national team, and hopefully you'll win your first Asian championship title.

Maybe I'll go to Beirut and attend a few games, as well. At least it's nice to know the tournament will come back to the Middle East after so many years.

The good thing about Kuwait is that we have sizable foreign communities from so many different countries. Games involving China, Iran, Jordan, Lebanon, the Philippines and Syria are bound to get packed. Not to mention the hosts, Kuwait. Even if we don't organize the best tournament ever, people will always remember the event for its overall atmosphere, in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information