Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 27th FIBA Asia Championship [Manila, Philippines, Aug 1-11]

Default 2013 FIBA Asia Championship

Please don't tell me it'll take place in China again!

It would be very nice if FIBA Asia gives it to Kuwait. We have the ability to host such an event, in my opinion. Kuwait never hosted the Asian championship before, so it will also be our first time hosting the tournament, if we end up getting it.
    Last edited by Kutsuit; 09-15-2011 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutsuit View Post

It would be very nice if FIBA Asia gives it to Kuwait. We have the ability to host such an event, in my opinion. Kuwait never hosted the Asian championship before, so it will also be our first time hosting the tournament, if we end up getting it.
    I think the answer of that one is simple since the 2011 edition should have been played here in Beirut but for various reasons the FLB gave it away in a sort of a trade as the 2013 edition will be held in Lebanon.

However i always support the idea that countries having a weaker squad than the regular powerhouses should always get the chance to host such events.

so are you saying kuwait is weaker?

and lebanon is stronger?

f u r, then y protest 2 Philippine team players???

stronger huh?...

lebanon and philippines had been playing a number of times already and u haven't questioned "eligibility", yet you do BARELY AN HOUR BEFORE THE FIRST FIBA ASIA GAME.

when we cant beat you before, we practiced til we die to do so.
    when you cant beat us anymore, you protest.

hahah. stronger?

or LOSERS?

I think China if they won't win here

and yes I think it's a good idea, Kuwait or UAE. they are good in hosting.

no East Asia please, I hate waking up early

Quote Originally Posted by bukag.2011 View Post
    so are you saying kuwait is weaker?

and lebanon is stronger?

f u r, then y protest 2 Philippine team players???

stronger huh?...

lebanon and philippines had been playing a number of times already and u haven't questioned "eligibility", yet you do BARELY AN HOUR BEFORE THE FIRST FIBA ASIA GAME.

when we cant beat you before, we practiced til we die to do so.
    when you cant beat us anymore, you protest.

hahah. stronger?

or LOSERS?
    seriously every other topic is about your players ? get a life !

Quote Originally Posted by mohsena2631 View Post

Moshen, i'd disagree with your statement hehe 'cause i hate sleeping late
    you know why I am happy

Quote Originally Posted by b3lowzro View Post
    Moshen, i'd disagree with your statement hehe 'cause i hate sleeping late
    lol, So one must do sacrifice. sleeping late isn't that bad, is it ? at least you don't have to escape from your job/study.

lol, So one must do sacrifice. sleeping late isn't that bad, is it ? at least you don't have to escape from your job/study.
    i think giving Iran the hosting rights is the best bet then
    that way none of us will sleep too late or too early
    The extremes in terms of sleeping time would be to hold it in lebanon or china.

If this will takes place again in China...its proper to say "FIBA-China Cup" not FIBA-Asia anymore...
    Not only does God play dice, but sometimes he throws the dice where we can’t see them.

I wouldn't be surprised if China will host it again (for the nth time)

FIBA Asia 2013 scenario: (somewhere in china)

South korea will not join < china would egg on north korea to attack sokor and thus they will be busy fighting a war>

Japan will be banned from joining<chinese commandos will raid nuclear power plants and release nuclear radiations contaminating japanese players>

Iran will be there of course < but minus 3 or more players who will be down with stomach discomfort eating "chinese noodles">

The philippines will not be allowed to land on chinese soil <cold war: hand over the spratley's first>

Qatar will lose 3/4th of their team <China will give FIBA the obvious nudge that ehem they should join FIBA africa not asia>

Jordan will join <but lose 2 or three players five minutes before the game due to fiba sanctions on dual nationalities>

That leaves chinese taipei, malaysia, indonesia, kuwait, uae, india etc..

Discalimer: dont take these seriously guys..im just playin' peace out

Urumqi
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by JGX View Post
    Urumqi
    Urumqui was supposed to host the Second FIBA-Asia Under-16 Championship for Women this coming October but the tournament was moved to Jinan from December 4 to 11, 2011.

Who will be the next host of China Invitationals?
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Thanks for replying, everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by mavrick_h View Post
    I think the answer of that one is simple since the 2011 edition should have been played here in Beirut but for various reasons the FLB gave it away in a sort of a trade as the 2013 edition will be held in Lebanon.

However i always support the idea that countries having a weaker squad than the regular powerhouses should always get the chance to host such events.
    Oh, I didn't know that. In that case, it rules out any possibility of Kuwait getting it. But we could try for 2015, though.

I think it's great Lebanon will host the tournament in 2013. It's a passionate basketball nation and I'm sure the games will attract lots of fans. The home advantage could also benefit Lebanon's national team, and hopefully you'll win your first Asian championship title.

Maybe I'll go to Beirut and attend a few games, as well. At least it's nice to know the tournament will come back to the Middle East after so many years.

The good thing about Kuwait is that we have sizable foreign communities from so many different countries. Games involving China, Iran, Jordan, Lebanon, the Philippines and Syria are bound to get packed. Not to mention the hosts, Kuwait. Even if we don't organize the best tournament ever, people will always remember the event for its overall atmosphere, in my opinion.

Lebanon will host it. Like maverick_h pointed out, it was implied when FIBA took it away from them last year. However, today there's a news article from the Philippines saying they submitted their bid Good luck

I was the first one to reveal that Wuhan will host it this year, I posted that post in October 2010 about 2 months before FIBA made the decision final. I remember daniab asking me in PM how did I know. I didn't respond because I didn't have a Chinese link that says so. But I had a reasoning, and I'll explain it now.

When FIBA took it away from Lebanon in September 2010 or so, only 4 countries submitted bids. China, Korea, Japan and Philippines. This info is from a Filipino article. I know Hagop Khajirian didn't even visit Philippines whereas he visited the other 3 countries. This info is from a Chinese article when he visited Wuhan. He didn't even mention Philippines but he did mention he'll visit Korea and Japan. I don't know why, most likely it was just a month after the bus shooting and he didn't dare to even be there himself. Or it could be Philippines didn't prepare enough money. Anyway we were down to 3.

I knew Japan wanted the women's championship slot. Their women's team had about 500 higher chance of qualifying to the Olympics and they seems to spend just about as much money on their women's team as their men's team. So I knew FIBA would give the women's bid to them. No country can host 2 events at once, so Japan was out. (In fact even after the earthquake Japan still held on to that women's bid.)

In normal years the bid would have gone to Korea as a result. However when Hagop was in Wuhan something serious happened in the peninsula. In late September Kim Jong-Un emerged as a the successor in the North and harsh words began from both sides. I knew then Korea was not somewhere where FIBA felt comfortable hosting. Yeonpyeong bombing took place a month later to confirm the suspicion.
    aim low, score high

my guess is between the philippines and lebanon. if the philippines win it. then the philppines will join china into a monopoly club. china 5x, japan 5x and the philippines 3x. maybe it's better for lebanon to host it. i wish other rich nations will host it. like the singapore, united arab emirates or other oil producing countries.

Lightbulb

FIBA-Asia Men's Hosts

China - 5 (1989, 2001, 2003, 2009, 2011)
    Japan - 5 (1971, 1979, 1991, 1999, 2007)
    Malaysia - 3 (1965, 1977, 1985)
    Thailand - 3 (1969, 1975, 1987)
    South Korea - 2 (1967, 1995)
    Philippines - 2 (1960, 1973)
    Chinese-Taipei - 1 (1963)
    India - 1 (1981)
    Hong Kong - 1 (1983)
    Indonesia - 1 (1993)
    Saudi Arabia - 1 (1997)
    Qatar - 1 (2005)

by sub-zone

East Asia - 14
    Southeast Asia - 9
    Gulf - 2
    Middle Asia - 1
    West Asia - 0

Home team wins it (7 out of 26)

2011 China
    2003 China
    2001 China
    1989 China
    1973 Philippines
    1971 Japan
    1960 Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by ylaine View Post
    my guess is between the philippines and lebanon. if the philippines win it. then the philppines will join china into a monopoly club. china 5x, japan 5x and the philippines 3x. maybe it's better for lebanon to host it. i wish other rich nations will host it. like the singapore, united arab emirates or other oil producing countries.
    there is no such thing as if Philippines win it. Unless Lebanon give it away just like this year. It's a done deal already.

but to be fair mate i think Lebanon must prove to the fiba offifcilas that after 2 years lebanon has the facilities and logistics to handle such event as FIBA asia
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast