X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 27th FIBA Asia Championship streaming_ kimchitv.blogspot.com

Comment

• Too much hype on taipei. Unravelling. Baxter is a beast.
      ‘They don’t pay you a million dollars for two-hand chest passes.’ - Pistol Pete Maravich

Comment

• Nice comeback by Taiwan but wonder if Quincy Davis is having some second thoughts...renounced his US citizenship so he could get benched in the fourth quarter...
        Originally posted by Fedfan
        Most ppl get childish when they lose.
        Originally posted by GuTO
        refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

• Originally posted by JGX View Post
          Nice comeback by Taiwan but wonder if Quincy Davis is having some second thoughts...renounced his US citizenship so he could get benched in the fourth quarter...
          It's a long tournament... I'm sure he doesn't mind getting benched and play more minutes later on in the tournament. Even though i'm not watching the game since i'm at work it's obvious that's Taiwan can still play quite well without Quincy but the same can't be said for Jordan with Baxter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
            It's a long tournament... I'm sure he doesn't mind getting benched and play more minutes later on in the tournament. Even though i'm not watching the game since i'm at work it's obvious that's Taiwan can still play quite well without Quincy but the same can't be said for Jordan with Baxter.
            Taipei made a run when Davis was out. They were down 10 in the third quarter with Davis inside. When they put Tseng, then the real Taipei came out and showed the form we know of, which led to this win.
            ‘They don’t pay you a million dollars for two-hand chest passes.’ - Pistol Pete Maravich

Comment

• Originally posted by MD125 View Post
              Taipei made a run when Davis was out. They were down 10 in the third quarter with Davis inside. When they put Tseng, then the real Taipei came out and showed the form we know of, which led to this win.
              Thanks for the info. I guess Quincy was slowing the team down cuz I know how much CT/Taiwan enjoy playing their fast paced game

Comment

• Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
                Thanks for the info. I guess Quincy was slowing the team down cuz I know how much CT/Taiwan enjoy playing their fast paced game
                makes me think how TPE will adjust especially when they face faster and bigger teams. seems like Davis might affect them in a way like Kazemi did with Iran in 2011.

Comment

• Jarvis Hayes sizzling start: 0 of 7 FGs for 4 points (all from the FT line)

Now watch him drop 42 points vs. Philippines tomorrow.

Anyway, Qatar is just trailing by 6 points despite bad shooting from Hayes and the team (10 of 33) i feel they have a shot at this one if they just can start hitting from the outside...
                  If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• 1st Game

No mercy: Iran destroys Malaysia, 115-25, to open FIBA Asia Championship
                    InterAKTV · Thursday, August 1, 2013 · 12:33 pm

hamed-haddadi-iran-malaysia.jpg

Two-time champion Iran served notice to the rest of the field, showing no mercy in a 115-25 conquest of Malaysia on Thursday in the opening match of the FIBA Asia Championship at the Mall of Asia Arena.

The Persian powerhouse threw the knockout punch right in the first period, when it outscored its opponent, 42-3.

Iran only allowed a single field goal in the opening quarter, a three-pointer by guard Wen Keong Tong at the 7:28 mark.

After resting its starters in the second period, Iran ended the half with a 57-13 advantage.

The onslaught continued in the third quarter, which Iran opened with a 33-0 run. Malaysia scored just two points in the period to trail by 76, 91-15, heading into the fourth quarter.

Former Phoenix Suns center Hamed Haddadi had his way against the smaller Malaysian defenders, scoring 21 points in just 13 minutes. His backup Asghar Kardoust got a good workout as well, posting 15 points for Iran, the champion of the 2007 and 2009 edition of the competition.

Guard Hong Hoong Gan led Malaysia with 11 points.

Iran is expected to encounter tougher opposition on Friday when it faces dangerous South Korea.

Malaysia is not expected to get any relief in Group C, tagged the “Group of Death,” as it battles another Asian powerhouse China in its second assignment on Friday.

2nd Game

Chinese Taipei comes back to defeat Jordan in FIBA Asia Championship debut
                    InterAKTV · Thursday, August 1, 2013 · 3:11 pm

quincy-davis-chinese-taipei-jordan.jpg

Chinese Taipei rallied back from a double-digit third quarter deficit before surviving a late charge to defeat Jordan, 91-87, in their FIBA Asia Championship debuts on Thursday at the Mall of Asia Arena.

After a close first half, the Taiwanese found themselves trailing by 10 points, 67-57, after a Jordan run sparked by naturalized star Jimmy Baxter and veteran Wesam Al-Sous.

Chinese Taipei responded quickly, going on an 8-0 run courtesy of Douglas Creighton, Lin Chih-Chieh, and and Chen Shih-Chieh to close the gap, 67-65, heading into the fourth period.

Still behind by two points early in the final period, Chinese Taipei unleashed a 14-3 blast to grab an 81-72 advantage.

Al-Sous made things interesting late in the match with two free throws, a steal, and a basket to cut the Chinese Taipei lead to just five points, 88-83, with 24 seconds left.

Mahmoud Abdeen’s basket with seven seconds left put Jordan within just three points, 90-87, before Yang Chin-Min split his free throws to freeze the game for Chinese Taipei.

Lin, a hotshot swingman who is a former Most Valuable Player in Taiwan’s professional league, led his team with 27 points, six rebounds, and five assists. Chinese Taipei got a huge boost from naturalized center Quincy Davis, who posted 18 points and 11 rebounds.

Jordan, which is missing top players Sam Daghles, Zaid Abbas, and Rasheim Wright, was led by Baxter, who finished with 30 points in his FIBA Asia debut.

The two teams are considered host Philippines’ top rivals in Group A competition. Chinese Taipei will go for a second straight win in the group on Friday against Saudi Arabia, while Jordan battles the Gilas Pilipinas national team later on that day.

3rd Game

Former NBA player Jarvis Hayes comes alive late to lift Qatar over Japan in FIBA Asia
                    InterAKTV · Thursday, August 1, 2013 · 5:14 pm

jarvis-hayes-qatar-chinese-taipei.jpg

For the first three quarters against Japan, Qatar’s naturalized player Jarvis Hayes barely looked like the type of player who lasted seven seasons in the NBA.

But the former Washington Wizards first round pick finally showed his class, coming alive late in the game to help Qatar defeat Japan, 75-74, in the preliminary round of the FIBA Asia Championship on Thursday at the Mall of Asia Arena.

Hayes scored 12 of his 20 points in the fourth quarter after going without a field goal in the first half. His explosion allowed Qatar to rally from a 39-29 deficit in the second quarter.

Qatar was still trailing, 61-53, at the end of the third quarter before opening the final period with a 12-2 run to take the lead.

The Qataris kept the Japanese the rest of the way, never relinquishing their advantage. A Hayes layup gave Qatar a 74-70 cushion with a minute left. Split free throws allowed Japan to cut the deficit to three points, but Hayes made one of two charity shots to push the Qatar lead back to four points, 75-71.

Japan hit a three-pointer in the final second to settle the final score.

Veteran star Yasseen Musa added 12 points, 15 rebounds, and four assists for Qatar. Sharpshooter Kosuke Kanamaru sizzled for 27 points in Japan’s losing cause.

Comment

• 27th FIBA Asia Championship streaming_ kimchitv.blogspot.com

Comment

• korea won by 4. spoiler,,,

Comment

• What are the laws in bball like?

If it's anything like football, I'm expecting qatar to have a team full of foreigners, no?

In football, all but 3 of their players are qctual Qataris. The rest are mercenaries from South America, Africa and other Middle Eastern nations. Same story in bball?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nimaa View Post
                            What are the laws in bball like?

If it's anything like football, I'm expecting qatar to have a team full of foreigners, no?

In football, all but 3 of their players are qctual Qataris. The rest are mercenaries from South America, Africa and other Middle Eastern nations. Same story in bball?
                            Officially they can have only 1 naturalized player but I see at least 7 (or 9 if we count Saleem brothers) in their roster. 1 from USA (legally) and 6 from Africa.

They naturalized all of these players few years ago, FIBA is more strict now and it seems they can't add another illegal naturalized player to their list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nimaa View Post
                              What are the laws in bball like?

None of the players are actually Qatari. The whole team is made up of players born from different countries outside Qatar. The difference is that these players are the "original" edition and have been playing in Qatar for a long while now and have been representing the Qatari NT for many years
                              After the 2011 FIBA ruling regarding having your countries nationality before age 16 the newer players like Tanguy Ngombo, Osseynou N"Diaye, and Mame Souleye all were not allowed to play for Qatar in the 2011 Asian Championship edition and in this Championship as well.

Comment

• Great game by Thailand by the way! I was really impressed that they gave Kazakhstan a good fight and never gave up.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information