Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lebanon will host it. Like maverick_h pointed out, it was implied when FIBA took it away from them last year. However, today there's a news article from the Philippines saying they submitted their bid Good luck

I was the first one to reveal that Wuhan will host it this year, I posted that post in October 2010 about 2 months before FIBA made the decision final. I remember daniab asking me in PM how did I know. I didn't respond because I didn't have a Chinese link that says so. But I had a reasoning, and I'll explain it now.

When FIBA took it away from Lebanon in September 2010 or so, only 4 countries submitted bids. China, Korea, Japan and Philippines. This info is from a Filipino article. I know Hagop Khajirian didn't even visit Philippines whereas he visited the other 3 countries. This info is from a Chinese article when he visited Wuhan. He didn't even mention Philippines but he did mention he'll visit Korea and Japan. I don't know why, most likely it was just a month after the bus shooting and he didn't dare to even be there himself. Or it could be Philippines didn't prepare enough money. Anyway we were down to 3.

I knew Japan wanted the women's championship slot. Their women's team had about 500 higher chance of qualifying to the Olympics and they seems to spend just about as much money on their women's team as their men's team. So I knew FIBA would give the women's bid to them. No country can host 2 events at once, so Japan was out. (In fact even after the earthquake Japan still held on to that women's bid.)

In normal years the bid would have gone to Korea as a result. However when Hagop was in Wuhan something serious happened in the peninsula. In late September Kim Jong-Un emerged as a the successor in the North and harsh words began from both sides. I knew then Korea was not somewhere where FIBA felt comfortable hosting. Yeonpyeong bombing took place a month later to confirm the suspicion.
    aim low, score high

Comment

my guess is between the philippines and lebanon. if the philippines win it. then the philppines will join china into a monopoly club. china 5x, japan 5x and the philippines 3x. maybe it's better for lebanon to host it. i wish other rich nations will host it. like the singapore, united arab emirates or other oil producing countries.

Comment

FIBA-Asia Men's Hosts

China - 5 (1989, 2001, 2003, 2009, 2011)
        Japan - 5 (1971, 1979, 1991, 1999, 2007)
        Malaysia - 3 (1965, 1977, 1985)
        Thailand - 3 (1969, 1975, 1987)
        South Korea - 2 (1967, 1995)
        Philippines - 2 (1960, 1973)
        Chinese-Taipei - 1 (1963)
        India - 1 (1981)
        Hong Kong - 1 (1983)
        Indonesia - 1 (1993)
        Saudi Arabia - 1 (1997)
        Qatar - 1 (2005)

by sub-zone

East Asia - 14
        Southeast Asia - 9
        Gulf - 2
        Middle Asia - 1
        West Asia - 0

Home team wins it (7 out of 26)

2011 China
        2003 China
        2001 China
        1989 China
        1973 Philippines
        1971 Japan
        1960 Philippines
        Last edited by Servinio; 09-28-2011, 05:01 AM.
        Servinio's FACEBOOK Fan Club
        Servinio's Blog of Sports
        Servinio's Official YouTube channel
        Servinio's Official TWITTER account
        Servinio's Official Instagram account

Comment

Originally posted by ylaine View Post
          my guess is between the philippines and lebanon. if the philippines win it. then the philppines will join china into a monopoly club. china 5x, japan 5x and the philippines 3x. maybe it's better for lebanon to host it. i wish other rich nations will host it. like the singapore, united arab emirates or other oil producing countries.
          there is no such thing as if Philippines win it. Unless Lebanon give it away just like this year. It's a done deal already.

Comment

but to be fair mate i think Lebanon must prove to the fiba offifcilas that after 2 years lebanon has the facilities and logistics to handle such event as FIBA asia
            To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
            1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Alashankou
              Originally posted by Fedfan
              Most ppl get childish when they lose.
              Originally posted by GuTO
              refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Originally posted by mavrick_h View Post
                there is no such thing as if Philippines win it. Unless Lebanon give it away just like this year. It's a done deal already.
                Man with how everything is done in Lebanon there is no such thing as a "done deal"
                Did we address the issues that prevented us from hosting this years' Asian Championship? (Having the appropriate basketball venues, parking space, etc.) I doubt it to be honest...

Also in this article it says:
                "So far, Lebanon has already signified its intention to host the next FIBA-Asia it was supposed to stage this year, but abandoned later on owing to unfavorable playing condition"

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball View Post
                  Lebanon will host it. Like maverick_h pointed out, it was implied when FIBA took it away from them last year. However, today there's a news article from the Philippines saying they submitted their bid Good luck

I was the first one to reveal that Wuhan will host it this year, I posted that post in October 2010 about 2 months before FIBA made the decision final. I remember daniab asking me in PM how did I know. I didn't respond because I didn't have a Chinese link that says so. But I had a reasoning, and I'll explain it now.

When FIBA took it away from Lebanon in September 2010 or so, only 4 countries submitted bids. China, Korea, Japan and Philippines. This info is from a Filipino article. I know Hagop Khajirian didn't even visit Philippines whereas he visited the other 3 countries. This info is from a Chinese article when he visited Wuhan. He didn't even mention Philippines but he did mention he'll visit Korea and Japan. I don't know why, most likely it was just a month after the bus shooting and he didn't dare to even be there himself. Or it could be Philippines didn't prepare enough money. Anyway we were down to 3.

I knew Japan wanted the women's championship slot. Their women's team had about 500 higher chance of qualifying to the Olympics and they seems to spend just about as much money on their women's team as their men's team. So I knew FIBA would give the women's bid to them. No country can host 2 events at once, so Japan was out. (In fact even after the earthquake Japan still held on to that women's bid.)

In normal years the bid would have gone to Korea as a result. However when Hagop was in Wuhan something serious happened in the peninsula. In late September Kim Jong-Un emerged as a the successor in the North and harsh words began from both sides. I knew then Korea was not somewhere where FIBA felt comfortable hosting. Yeonpyeong bombing took place a month later to confirm the suspicion.
                  Great sense of logic Sino

Comment

Originally posted by reamily View Post
                    but to be fair mate i think Lebanon must prove to the fiba offifcilas that after 2 years lebanon has the facilities and logistics to handle such event as FIBA asia
                    we both know we have the facilities and the logistics to handle such event. the question is will our officials want to ?

Any abroad philipino/a (if you have contacts) can confirm this as they were watching the games in the stadium last year in Stankovic Cup (cheering happily) as well as every team were very satisfied with the organization.

I've met members of team Qatar just after they've lost the game vs Japan in the semis in one of the famous restaurants near to the stadium, they were so positive regarding the atmosphere and the tournament (Organization overall) despite losing a tough match up hours ago.

Comment

Originally posted by JGX View Post
                      Alashankou
                      Do they even have a basketball court there ?

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
                        Man with how everything is done in Lebanon there is no such thing as a "done deal"
                        Did we address the issues that prevented us from hosting this years' Asian Championship? (Having the appropriate basketball venues, parking space, etc.) I doubt it to be honest...

Also in this article it says:
                        Se3te l badna fi w se3et ma bedna mafi.
                        Translation: the question is do we want this AC to be played in Leb ?

There are at least three basketball courts with the appropriate logistics. Trust me !
                        But where are the keys of the parking(s) ?

Comment

Se3te l badna fi w se3et ma bedna mafi.
                          Translation: the question is do we want this AC to be played in Leb ?

There are at least three basketball courts with the appropriate logistics. Trust me !
                          But where are the keys of the parking(s) ?
                          For sure if we put our mind and efforts to host it we can do it!

But do you honestly think that this current federation, who couldn't even be able to secure a minimum budget for our NT and arrange for the appropriate preparations, can be able to host this event?

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
                            For sure if we put our mind and efforts to host it we can do it!

But do you honestly think that this current federation, who couldn't even be able to secure a minimum budget for our NT and arrange for the appropriate preparations, can be able to host this event?
                            I don't think this federation will last Khalid till 2013.
                            So hopefully the new comers can.

Comment

Bring Kakhia Back !!!! NO MATTER WHAT !!!! >:/

Long Live Lebanon !! (Except All the Politicians!!)
                              Long Live Lebanon !! (Except All the Corrupted Citizens and All the Politicians!!)

Comment

I also don't think so and until we have a newly elected federation, this issue (Hosting the Asian Championships in Lebanon), will remain unclear...

Time will be against us though...Changing the federation and the time required to elect a new federation that is fully functional will take time so the sooner we get rid of this federation the better things will turn out for us (I hope).

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information