Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andris Biedrins, next great international NBA center?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12 + 15 rebs + 3 blocks as the Warriors beat the Nuggets.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Comment

24 pts + 12 rebs + 5 assists (+ 2 steals) in a win against the Wizards.
      Artificial Nature

Comment

His best game this season posting 23 pts + 18 rebs (+ 2 blocks + 1 assist + 1 steal) for the win against the Clippers.
        After 7 games played so far he's averaging a double-double: 13.1 ppg + 10.7 rpg.
        Artificial Nature

Comment

From my recent news summary:

The Warrior’s Steady-Hand
          When one talks of the Warriors most will first think of Stephen Jackson and Baron Davis. Then they’ll think of Monta Ellis, Al Harrington, and Matt Barnes. Those five maybe the faces and the heart of the team, but I think the efficiency and work down-low of Latvian center Andris Biedrins is hugely-underrated. Biedrins is averaging 10.1 rebounds, and the 12 players that average more rebounds per game than Biedrins, Biedrins averages the least amount of minutes. Did I mention that he leads the league in FG% too?

Game by game, Biedrins stats may look inconsistent, but it’s more the coach and style than the ups-and-downs of the 6-11 center with long arms and great hands. Don Nelson loves his small ball, and he’ll start Harrington in the middle against teams with dominant centers, as he did with Dwight Howard. And Harrington played the majority of minutes when they played Yao Ming. So although Biedrins is good for a double-double each game, Harrington’s effectiveness in hitting threes determines Andris’s playing time about 30% of the time.

I think Nelly may be learning that though Biedrins isn’t going to draw opposing centers outside 10-feet, Biedrins is very effective in the pick-and-roll with Baron Davis.

Dare I say that Andris more than held his own against Dwight Howard too and I don’t think it was a coincidence that the Warriors started their run when Biedrins was in the lineup.

I am not complaining about Nelson at all. Being in the bay area, I’m lucky to catch many of the Warriors games; and they’ve perfected the up-and-down, shoot-the-first shot-offense while still getting back to scrap on defense. Additionally, Nelson was the one that first gave Biedrins (and Ellis) his shot, I just wish Biedrin’s minutes were more consistent.
          http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
          http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
          http://www.interbasket.net

Comment

Biedrins rulez ;D
            PG A.Lawson, M.Kalnietis, D.C Collins,
            SG M.Popovic ,T.Delininkaitis, A.Milaknis
            SF S.Weems, M.Kuzminskas,
            PF P.Jankunas, T.Klimavicius,
            C R.Javtokas, M.Rakovic, O.Samhan

Comment

Biedriņš grabbed a career-high 26 rebs to go along with 11 pts, as the Warriors beat the Knicks.
              Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur
                Biedriņš grabbed a career-high 26 rebs to go along with 11 pts, as the Warriors beat the Knicks.
                26 rebounds!! holy shit!
                That is almost his unique job in the team and he's doing it perfectly. It wouldnt hurt if they would give him a little more responsability in attack, i think he deserves it.
                I KISS BASKET

Comment

Beans is amazing and has all the future to get better
                  he can play the pick 'n roll like no one (except amare and boozer)
                  he is the best fit for the warriors and has the best field goal % in the league
                  Beans and monta are the future of the warriors.

this was my favourite moment of him last year:

also his girlfriend is H-O-T

Comment

Biedriņš had his best game of the month, scoring 17 pts, grabbing 17 rebs, blocking 2 shots and adding 3 assists. Unfortunately the Warriors could not win against the Nuggets (112-119).
                    Artificial Nature

Comment

Big double-double: 21 pts + 17 rebs (+ 2 blocks + 1 assist).
                      Artificial Nature

Comment

Another big double-double with 17 pts + 15 rebs as the Warriors lose to the Hornets.
                        Artificial Nature

Comment

They should change NBA to WBA, World Basketball Association.
                          http://www.philippinebasketball.net

Comment

He is the only true tall man of the team. Any member of the team can get a good ammount of rebounds, but he's the only one that really is supposed to make a difference in the paint in this team. But in any case, hes doing a great job, even in a so fast-orientated team as the GS is, hes doing some great performances.
                            I KISS BASKET

Comment

I just want to say that I saw Biedrins on TV during the Golden State/Denver game (which GS lost). Biedrins is very good! He's got some good power moves and he moves very well. I think he had 13 points and 19 rebounds in that game.
                              "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Absolutely. I have just sa him in a couple of games this season (apart from the EC with Latvia), and he seems to be becming a really good player. He has mproved a lot in the last couple ofyears and what os even better, ne's still imporving. He has learned some reat movements, he hast a bad shot, he has become stronger but he still is quite agile and fast for his height.... His latest numbers just speaks for themselves.
                                I KISS BASKET

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information