Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 82

Thread: Andris Biedrins, next great international NBA center?

  1. #41
    Administrator rikhardur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    21,175
    Country: Portugal

    Default

    Another big double-double with 17 pts + 15 rebs as the Warriors lose to the Hornets.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

  2. #42
    Member jazperson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Las Piñas
    Posts
    33

    Default

    They should change NBA to WBA, World Basketball Association.

  3. #43
    Senior Member Neozyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,318

    Default

    He is the only true tall man of the team. Any member of the team can get a good ammount of rebounds, but he's the only one that really is supposed to make a difference in the paint in this team. But in any case, hes doing a great job, even in a so fast-orientated team as the GS is, hes doing some great performances.
    I KISS BASKET

  4. #44
    Administrator mvblair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    11,247

    Default

    I just want to say that I saw Biedrins on TV during the Golden State/Denver game (which GS lost). Biedrins is very good! He's got some good power moves and he moves very well. I think he had 13 points and 19 rebounds in that game.
    "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

  5. #45
    Senior Member Neozyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,318

    Default

    Absolutely. I have just sa him in a couple of games this season (apart from the EC with Latvia), and he seems to be becming a really good player. He has mproved a lot in the last couple ofyears and what os even better, ne's still imporving. He has learned some reat movements, he hast a bad shot, he has become stronger but he still is quite agile and fast for his height.... His latest numbers just speaks for themselves.
    I KISS BASKET

  6. #46
    Administrator rikhardur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    21,175
    Country: Portugal

    Default

    4 games so far in the new season and nothing but double-doubles. The last one 16 pts + 22 rebs as the Warriors lose to the Grizzlies.
    I'm now officially waiting for a game in which he misses a double-double
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

  7. #47
    Administrator rikhardur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    21,175
    Country: Portugal

    Default

    Andris might as well currently be the most underrated player in the NBA. Why? 8 games, nothing but double-doubles, 16.8 ppg + 14.3 rpg (second in the NBA) + 1.8 bpg + 1.5 apg, 1.0 spg while shooting 53.1% from the floor.
    How about that?
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

  8. #48
    Administrator mvblair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    11,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rikhardur
    Andris might as well currently be the most underrated player in the NBA. Why? 8 games, nothing but double-doubles, 16.8 ppg + 14.3 rpg (second in the NBA) + 1.8 bpg + 1.5 apg, 1.0 spg while shooting 53.1% from the floor.
    How about that?
    Wow. That's really good. I knew he was playing last year, but I didn't know he was 17 point, 14 rebound good. That's fantastic. He must be turning into a real beast!!

    I'm looking at his statistics now, and he's averaging 4.3 fouls per game. I hope he's not putting guards on the free-throw line.

    Well, he's not a rookie anymore.


  9. #49
    Senior Member Khalid80's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Posts
    11,102
    Country: Lebanon

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rikhardur
    Andris might as well currently be the most underrated player in the NBA. Why? 8 games, nothing but double-doubles, 16.8 ppg + 14.3 rpg (second in the NBA) + 1.8 bpg + 1.5 apg, 1.0 spg while shooting 53.1% from the floor.
    How about that?
    I completely agree. The guy works his ass-off every game and has great stats but doesn't get the media hype or credit like Yao Ming or Dwight Howard would (maybe it's cuz he's playing with Golden State?) Baron Davis, Stephon Jackson and more recently Monta Ellis used to get all the media attention in the last few years there).
    Biedrins definitely deserves to be playing in the All-Star game and I hope that he can help the Warriors make it back to the playoffs.

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khalid80
    I completely agree. The guy works his ass-off every game and has great stats but doesn't get the media hype or credit like Yao Ming or Dwight Howard would (maybe it's cuz he's playing with Golden State?) Baron Davis, Stephon Jackson and more recently Monta Ellis used to get all the media attention in the last few years there).
    Biedrins definitely deserves to be playing in the All-Star game and I hope that he can help the Warriors make it back to the playoffs.
    not this year, b-diddy is with the clippers

    biedrins has improved greatly but howard is still better by a mile

  11. #51
    Senior Member Khalid80's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Posts
    11,102
    Country: Lebanon

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charbel Sakr
    not this year, b-diddy is with the clippers

    biedrins has improved greatly but howard is still better by a mile
    Yeah I know that Baron is with the Clips and that's why I mentioned that Biedrins now deserves to be given the proper media coverage since he has what it takes to become the franchise player of the Warriors along with Monta Ellis (Stephon is now old school) since they're both young, improving tremendously, and have great potential.

    Howard and Yao Ming are still the top 2 centers in the NBA by far but Biedrins can slowly close the gap with Yao at the rate that he's improving.

    Howard is the next Shaq (during his prime years) and the averages that he's posting 15 rpg, 24 ppg, 4.4 bpg are sick.

  12. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khalid80

    Howard is the next Shaq (during his prime years) and the averages that he's posting 15 rpg, 24 ppg, 4.4 bpg are sick.


    Exactly, every team's dream, every GM's fantasy. He is DOMINANT

  13. #53
    Administrator mvblair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    11,247

    Default

    17 points, 19 rebounds in a loss to Detroit yesterday. According to the news story, it was his 16th straight double-double since last year.

    If he keeps playing like this (or a little below this level), he'll be in the All-Star game. He and Yao are the only centers playing like legitimate All-Stars right now. Andrew Bynum, who is one year younger than Biedrins and the guy who everyone said would be the new king of the West, is playing about as well as Spencer Hawes (who?), Mark Gasol, and Tyson Chandler.

  14. #54
    Administrator rikhardur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    21,175
    Country: Portugal

    Default

    Damn, Andris just missed a double-double (17 pts + 9 rebs)
    He then had 17 in a row since last season (10 this season). That's amazing. Does anyone know the record for consecutive double-doubles?
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

  15. #55
    Senior Member damelo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    on Earth, sometimes
    Posts
    1,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rikhardur
    Damn, Andris just missed a double-double (17 pts + 9 rebs)
    He then had 17 in a row since last season (10 this season). That's amazing. Does anyone know the record for consecutive double-doubles?
    with or without chamberlain?
    It's a bird? It's a plane? No, it's Rudy!

  16. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rikhardur
    Damn, Andris just missed a double-double (17 pts + 9 rebs)
    He then had 17 in a row since last season (10 this season). That's amazing. Does anyone know the record for consecutive double-doubles?
    not sure but its gotta be wilt for like 500 straight games!!!!

  17. #57
    Administrator rikhardur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    21,175
    Country: Portugal

    Default

    OK guys I got your point, wishful thinking.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

  18. #58
    Senior Member Khalid80's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Posts
    11,102
    Country: Lebanon

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rikhardur
    Damn, Andris just missed a double-double (17 pts + 9 rebs)
    He then had 17 in a row since last season (10 this season). That's amazing. Does anyone know the record for consecutive double-doubles?
    The problem is that there no available stats concerning double doubles before the 1986-1987 season. What I do know is that Karl Malone currently holds the most double doubles since the 86-87 season with 782.

    For sure Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, and Bill Russell averaged double doubles for their whole career .

    Some interesting stats for Wilt:

    "Special double-doubles are rare "double double-doubles", in which a player gets at least 20 in two of the five categories, This feat was achieved only by Wilt Chamberlain who did it eight times:

    41 points, 40 rebounds vs. Syracuse Nationals on November 4, 1959.
    44 points, 42 rebounds vs. Boston Celtics on January 15, 1960.
    58 points, 42 rebounds vs. Detroit Pistons on January 25, 1960(at Bethlehem, PA; 58 points are the most ever scored by a rookie).
    44 points, 45 rebounds vs. Syracuse Nationals on February 6, 1960 (45 rebounds is the NBA single game rookie record).
    56 points, 45 rebounds vs. Los Angeles Lakers on January 21, 1961.
    78 points, 43 rebounds vs. Los Angeles Lakers on December 8, 1961 (3OT; 78 points was an NBA record at the time).
    50 points, 41 rebounds vs. Detroit Pistons on October 26, 1962 (OT).
    50 points, 40 rebounds vs. Detroit Pistons on November 22, 1964."

  19. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khalid80
    The problem is that there no available stats concerning double doubles before the 1986-1987 season. What I do know is that Karl Malone currently holds the most double doubles since the 86-87 season with 782.

    For sure Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, and Bill Russell averaged double doubles for their whole career .

    Some interesting stats for Wilt:

    "Special double-doubles are rare "double double-doubles", in which a player gets at least 20 in two of the five categories, This feat was achieved only by Wilt Chamberlain who did it eight times:

    41 points, 40 rebounds vs. Syracuse Nationals on November 4, 1959.
    44 points, 42 rebounds vs. Boston Celtics on January 15, 1960.
    58 points, 42 rebounds vs. Detroit Pistons on January 25, 1960(at Bethlehem, PA; 58 points are the most ever scored by a rookie).
    44 points, 45 rebounds vs. Syracuse Nationals on February 6, 1960 (45 rebounds is the NBA single game rookie record).
    56 points, 45 rebounds vs. Los Angeles Lakers on January 21, 1961.
    78 points, 43 rebounds vs. Los Angeles Lakers on December 8, 1961 (3OT; 78 points was an NBA record at the time).
    50 points, 41 rebounds vs. Detroit Pistons on October 26, 1962 (OT).
    50 points, 40 rebounds vs. Detroit Pistons on November 22, 1964."

    Are you sure abt malone's number?? 782?? because i think Mj has the record for consecutive times scoring in double figures with the something like 720, if malone had 782 consecutive double doubles then he should have the consecutive double figures too

    anyways it has to be wilt!!! the guy was a scoring and rebounding machine!!!! 50.4ppg for a whole season! u must be kidding

  20. #60
    Senior Member Khalid80's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Posts
    11,102
    Country: Lebanon

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charbel Sakr
    Are you sure abt malone's number?? 782?? because i think Mj has the record for consecutive times scoring in double figures with the something like 720, if malone had 782 consecutive double doubles then he should have the consecutive double figures too

    anyways it has to be wilt!!! the guy was a scoring and rebounding machine!!!! 50.4ppg for a whole season! u must be kidding
    Charbel, Malone has the most double doubles since 1986-1987 but they're not consecutive.

    I couldn't find any data about consecutive double doubles.


    (Data obtained from Wikipedia)

    "NBA regular season double-double leaders since 1986-87
    As of April 18, 2008

    1. Karl Malone 782
    2. John Stockton 696
    3. Shaquille O'Neal 687
    4. Hakeem Olajuwon 674
    5. Kevin Garnett 636
    6. Charles Barkley 623
    7. Tim Duncan 595
    8. Patrick Ewing 563
    9. David Robinson 544
    10. Dikembe Mutombo 470"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •