Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What rule change should be made to european bball?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What rule change should be made to european bball?

since there has been some talk in the NBA/Europe thread about the difference in rules between NBA and FIBA, I was wondering which rule should change 2 euro bball so that it can b more attractive and the teams can improve their game.
    my choice would b (as I have already declared it in the NBA/Europe thread) the extension of the 3p line(preferably to 6.75m).
    extend the 3 point line to 6,75
    0%
    extend the 3 point line to 7,24 (NBA)
    0%
    allow start step
    0%
    forbid the "legal goaltending"
    0%
    increase the number of timeouts
    0%
    limit zone options
    0%
    limit the number of foreign players in european leagues
    0%
    4 pointer :D lol
    0%
    make ll the rules like in NBA -double lol
    0%
    allow players randomly beat Luigi Lamonica for his refereeing
    0%
    ban hand checking
    0%
    include 4th referee watching the game, correcting the most obvious and arguable calls
    0%
    other (name which)
    0%
    no changes should be made
    0%
    Your time is up my time is now,
    you can't see me my time is now...

"Basketball is like the church. Many attend it, but few understand it"

If u smell what the G.L. is cookin'...

The Demon of Greek loby is here!

1. Ban players under the age of 20 leaving the European leagues.
    2. Set a minimum release clause for all players AT LEAST $3M.
    3. BAN FUCKING HAND CHECKING. FOR REAL, NOT IN PAPERS.
    4. Make teams have at least half of their roster made of native players.
    5. Make an agreement with NBA teams to loan players from there like in FIFA.
    6. Make Euroleague clubs built, rent whatever large, comfortable and SAFE arenas.
    7. Let Euroleague clubs negotiate their own TV rights.
    8. Increase Euroleague Spots and give them to Lithuania and Russia.
    9. Send Bertomeu to North Pole. Forever.

blah blah blah...

Originally posted by parso
    Gomelsky doesn't know @@@@ about basketball
    Originally posted by sseppel
    it's not asking too much for someone to know where the fuck he is.
    Originally posted by UMUT_FB_LAL
    Scola makes me wanna touch myself, no homo

Comment

Originally posted by ArkadiosV2
      1. Ban players under the age of 20 leaving the European leagues.
      2. Set a minimum release clause for all players AT LEAST $3M.
      3. BAN FUCKING HAND CHECKING. FOR REAL, NOT IN PAPERS.
      4. Make teams have at least half of their roster made of native players.
      5. Make an agreement with NBA teams to loan players from there like in FIFA.
      6. Make Euroleague clubs built, rent whatever large, comfortable and SAFE arenas.
      7. Let Euroleague clubs negotiate their own TV rights.
      8. Increase Euroleague Spots and give them to Lithuania and Russia.
      9. Send Bertomeu to North Pole. Forever.

blah blah blah...
      I was referring 2 rules of the game, but that's also interesting and would definitely help.But Bertomeu 2 the North Pole?Better send him 2 the NBA
      Your time is up my time is now,
      you can't see me my time is now...

"Basketball is like the church. Many attend it, but few understand it"

If u smell what the G.L. is cookin'...

The Demon of Greek loby is here!

Comment

Originally posted by T.W.Is.M.
        since there has been some talk in the NBA/Europe thread about the difference in rules between NBA and FIBA, I was wondering which rule should change 2 euro bball so that it can b more attractive and the teams can improve their game.
        my choice would b (as I have already declared it in the NBA/Europe thread) the extension of the 3p line(preferably to 6.75m).

edit:I was planning 2 make it a poll, but I can't find how 2 do that.anyway, the choices would b:
        1)extend the 3p line
        2)extend match length to 48'
        3)allow "start step"(like NBA)
        4)forbid contact with the ball above the rim
        5)increase the number of timeouts
        6)limit zone options
        7)establish a limit of foreign players in the EL
        8)establish a 4pointer(!!!)
        9)make all the rules like NBA
        10)ban Luigi Lamonica from refereeing
        11)other(name which)
        12)no change needs to be made
        You basically want (with a couple of exceptions) FIBA rules to turn to NBA rules. I've got some advice for you. Why don't you just quit watching EL basketball instead of wanting it to turn into a imitation NBA League and watch the actual NBA league.

I suggest:

1) that they extend the court to that of a football pitch
        2) Decrease the number of players from 5 to 4.
        3) Increase playing time to 16 minutes each quarter and 8 quarters.
        4) Decrease each attack from 24 sec to 15 secs.
        5) forbid the defending team from standing in the way of the attacking player
        6) pull back the 3 point line to 9,25
        7) any attempt from the 3 point line must be with the players apparent "weak" hand
        8) each successful attempt scoring before an potential offensive rebound should be awarded an extra point.
        9) increase the number of time outs to 10 for each team in each half
        10) allow a 2 hour break for half time so fans have enough time to enjoy a meal whilst sat in the restaurant

That should guarantee a score of at least (i.e) 258-224 which would please the watching public.
        Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
        Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Comment

The 3 point line and court width should be equal to the NBA 7.239m (23 ft 9 in) for 3 point and 15.24m (50 ft) for court width. The games should be extended to 48 minutes as well making each quarter 12 minutes instead of 10. That's where I would start for now.

This would greatly open up the offensive spacing and would really get the offense flowing like it is meant to. As far as the worry that extending the 3 point line would eliminate comebacks that is why the NBA has 12 minute quarters. As they say in the NBA, "every game, each team makes a run."

I think at the least they should start with those 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasileios Spanoulis 666
            The 3 point line and court width should be equal to the NBA 7.239m (23 ft 9 in) for 3 point and 15.24m (50 ft) for court width. The games should be extended to 48 minutes as well making each quarter 12 minutes instead of 10. That's where I would start for now.

This would greatly open up the offensive spacing and would really get the offense flowing like it is meant to. As far as the worry that extending the 3 point line would eliminate comebacks that is why the NBA has 12 minute quarters. As they say in the NBA, "every game, each team makes a run."

I think at the least they should start with those 3.
            Sorry but many people prefer tighter games. It helps the suspense and allows more of an upset to happen.

I propose the NBA adjusts to FIBA rules.

And another thing. Take the number of points scored in an average NBA game and divide them by the minutes played. Do the same thing with a Euroleague game and you'll see that the points scored per minute are very simular to those in the NBA. I actually did that myself a few years ago taking a measure from 20 random NBA AND EL games and the differance was very small (0,2 points ppm) in favour of NBA basketball.

Let's not forget all the drugs NBA players take. And they do take heaps cause if they didn't, they wouldn't have asked to be excluded from doping control for their participation in Olympics and World Championships.
            Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
            Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Comment

Originally posted by EverGreen
              Let's not forget all the drugs NBA players take. And they do take heaps cause if they didn't, they wouldn't have asked to be excluded from doping control for their participation in Olympics and World Championships.
              they are still excluded from the doping control tests?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EverGreen
                And another thing. Take the number of points scored in an average NBA game and divide them by the minutes played. Do the same thing with a Euroleague game and you'll see that the points scored per minute are very simular to those in the NBA. I actually did that myself a few years ago taking a measure from 20 random NBA AND EL games and the differance was very small (0,2 points ppm) in favour of NBA basketball.
                I wouldn't say that 0,2 points per minute is small differance, it's 8 points in 40 minutes (9.6 in 48), if it would be average - it's quite many. Still, it was only 20 random games.
                2nd in IBN EuroBasket 2011 Prediction!
                2nd in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Prediction!
                MVP in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Prediction! # Correct W-L: re5pectas (59)
                All-Tornament Team in IBN EuroBasket 2015 Prediction! Perfect score: re5pectas (7)
                All-Tornament Team in IBN World Cup 2019 Prediction! Perfect score: re5pectas (5)
                2nd in IBN Olympic 2020 Predicion! Perfect score: re5pectas (2) Within 8: re5pectas (8) # Correct W-L: re5pectas (23)

Comment

Originally posted by T.W.Is.M.

edit:I was planning 2 make it a poll, but I can't find how 2 do that.anyway, the choices would b:
                  1)extend the 3p line
                  6)limit zone options
                  11)other(name which)
                  The no.8 its kind of weird.. where location establishing? at the backcourt?

Comment

1)extend the 3p line
                    Yes, 7m or 7.25m;

No. 40 minutes is good.

Absolutely no! No to the LeBron-ball in Europe too.

No.

No. A game that starts at 8 p.m. can't end later than 10 p.m.; these NBA Europe Live games were awful for this reason: Real Madrid - Toronto started at 9.40 and finished at midnight.

6)limit zone options
                    No. Why that?

Yes. 2 ExtraEurope.

Hahahaha... anyway, no.

Absolutely no. Most of all the defensive three seconds and the no-charging area in the paint are awful.

It should be a nice start. But I still prefer the Lamonica, the Jungebrandt, the Pitsilkas instead of the NBA refs.

11)other(name which)
                    I'll think about it and I'll write.

Some changes, not so many. Actually, I think that only the three points line has to be changed. I don't think European basketball needs something else.
                    Γυμναστικός Σύλλογος Περιστερίου

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lebowski
                      1)extend the 3p line
                      Yes, 7m or 7.25m;

No. 40 minutes is good.

Absolutely no! No to the LeBron-ball in Europe too.

No.

No. A game that starts at 8 p.m. can't end later than 10 p.m.; these NBA Europe Live games were awful for this reason: Real Madrid - Toronto started at 9.40 and finished at midnight.

6)limit zone options
                      No. Why that?

Yes. 2 ExtraEurope.

Hahahaha... anyway, no.

Absolutely no. Most of all the defensive three seconds and the no-charging area in the paint are awful.

It should be a nice start. But I still prefer the Lamonica, the Jungebrandt, the Pitsilkas instead of the NBA refs.

11)other(name which)
                      I'll think about it and I'll write.

Some changes, not so many. Actually, I think that only the three points line has to be changed. I don't think European basketball needs something else.
                      The ball touching in the rim is CHEATING for taller and highleaper players.

Comment

Interesting poll with 200% and dividing myself to two voters

2nd in IBN EuroBasket 2011 Prediction!
                        2nd in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Prediction!
                        MVP in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Prediction! # Correct W-L: re5pectas (59)
                        All-Tornament Team in IBN EuroBasket 2015 Prediction! Perfect score: re5pectas (7)
                        All-Tornament Team in IBN World Cup 2019 Prediction! Perfect score: re5pectas (5)
                        2nd in IBN Olympic 2020 Predicion! Perfect score: re5pectas (2) Within 8: re5pectas (8) # Correct W-L: re5pectas (23)

Comment

extend the 3 point line to 6,75
                          extend the 3 point line to 7,24 (NBA)
                          Usually I am against the rule change, but NBA/euroleague live game made me think about it.
                          Defense in euroleague lately developed into a really tight formation that is really hard to break occasionaly and playing against some tough defensive minded teams you can see many teams struggleing passing the ball on the perimeter and waiting. I would give just a bit more space to guards and potentialy made a game more fluid. while additional half a meter, setting the treepointer to NBA standards would imo turn the the game too much into run ad gun... 6,75 would just make it a bit morelively imo, while it still wouldn't neglect mid range game the way 7,24 does...
                          Also some of the zone defenses we can see in EL make the opponent struggle for some consecutive plays and I think zone and defense in general developed enough lately to give it another challenge.
                          Watching Llull yesterday was a refreshment, I was starting to think 6,75 allows a bit more of a surprise than 6,25.... while we probably all agree some teams have turned 6,25 lane into a skill and I can't help not likeing teams that shoot more from 3 pointer than from 2 pointer.

allow start step
                          as far as I am concerned absolutely not, I don't see it as a trouble right now and I do believe the "step rules" should remain the same... only thing I'd change would be a bit more understanding for the frontcourt players that in quite some cases gets whistled for the steps with the center game while they're clearly commiting it due to constant pushing of the opponent.

forbid the "legal goaltending"
                          I don't see that as a problem either- it makes players pay more attention

increase the number of timeouts
                          Uleb might take this step because of their advertises... but since they don't have any I don't think that's a problem so far

limit zone options
                          again, absolutely not as far as I am concerned... not only to make the job for the referees easier and make them focus on other, more important things, but I consider zone defense as a skill... and it's damn tough to play compared to man-to-man and it allows more tactical options and suprises. Just because NBA believes zone makes their sales go down, doesnt mean it should be forbidden.
                          Also what zone should actually be limited? if we limit it like in NBA, than we practicaly forbid helping and rotations in defense and again make it the one on one show

limit the number of foreign players in european leagues
                          absolutely. G14, uleb and some handball association sent a letter about that to some EU commite. I do bash Uleb a lot, but I have to admit this was the right thing to do and I am happy they managed to noticed the bad influences EU law is making on this matter. With 5 or more US players some teams have lost the compass and there is a danger that some medium level national leagues would stop producing it's players, since buying 7 americans is cheaper and in the short term better result wise than playing homegrown talents.
                          Also it would make teams sign more players from the same country, which is also a good thing, since I don't think many people are interested in watching 6 americans, 2 greeks, 1 serbian, 1 slovenian, 1 french and 1 german when a team is supposed to originate from Greece.

4 pointer
                          as a matter of fact I support 5 pointer... there should be a point behind the basket where if a man stands (precisely on that point) with his left foot with the right leg on his left knee and holds his nose with his right arm, turned away from the basket, looking only with the left eye and shoots the ball with his "weak hand" over the backboard and in the basket, that should sincerely count 5 points... or more...

make ll the rules like in NBA -double lol
                          I prefer the rule I've mentioned above prior to turning the rules into NBA form.

allow players randomly beat Luigi Lamonica for his refereeing
                          yes please

ban hand checking
                          indifferent... actually if the 3 pointer would be prolongued, the defender would need the hand checking otherwise that would be too much of an advantage for the attacker.

include 4th referee watching the game, correcting the most obvious and arguable calls
                          referees are only humans and Lamonica. we've already sorted out the Lamonica factor, while I think eventhough the 4th referee would increase the costs of EL it would be a nice addition while it would also increase the credibility of the officiating. works just fins with Hockey...
                          Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                          That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

a) extend the 3p to 6.75m
                            b) dont allow touching of ball after it has hit the rim

thats all

Comment

I 'd like to see the same court,the NBA are greater and the game is more fluid there,in Europe the court is small,there are a lot of contacts and there is not space to play basketball,if your opponent defend well you can only shooting the threes.
                              http://www.fortitudobologna.it/

Faber quisquis fortitudinis suae.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information