Aron Baynes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aron Baynes

Reports from a number of US and Australian based media have reported that Baynes signed with the San Antonio Spurs. Baynes joins another Aussie in Patrick Mills with the Spurs. Australians like Andrew Gaze and Shane Hill played with the Spurs back in the days.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

It is reported that Baynes signed with the Spurs.

Sacramento Kings

Comment

FIBA | AUS - Baynes to join Spurs' international parade
      Sacramento Kings

Comment

Future Spur Baynes ready to go to work

As we await the arrival of Aron Baynes, the imaginations of San Antonio Spurs’ fans must be going wild. Could this be the big man who is going to be the perfect complement to Tim Duncan? Are we looking at a guy who’s going to go out and get a double-double every night?

I’m sure the hopes are high, but after years of less-than-stellar big man performance, I wouldn’t be surprised if expectations are low.

One thing the Spurs won’t have to worry about is Baynes’ desire to put in the effort to always be improving. I haven’t seen one complaint out there about his work ethic and in a recent interview, Baynes said he’s constantly working to develop his game.

“There are always things to work on,” Baynes said. “I can’t be satisfied with where I’m at. I have to stay focused on getting better."
        Surely the jump to the NBA is going to be a big adjustment from the European leagues Baynes has been playing in since he left Washington State in 2009. This past summer, playing against the Americans in the Olympics, Baynes committed four fouls in just eight minutes of play. Obviously he won’t be going up against an NBA All-Star team on a nightly basis, but he’ll have to get used to a much faster pace of basketball.

Of course, I don’t doubt the Spurs’ ability to scout international talent, and I’m sure with his size and his desire to constantly improve, Baynes will fit in just fine in the silver and black. I’m excited to see what this big man to do, and once those annoying visa issues are finally sorted out, we’ll get a chance to see.
        - Project Spurs

Also, The Legendary Andrew Gaze is cheering for Baynes
        Sacramento Kings

Comment

Aron Baynes has arrived. I'm glad he straightened out those VISA problems that caused a bit of delay.

Baynes will wear #16

Now for some meme.

Last edited by CKR13; 01-25-2013, 12:29 PM.
          Sacramento Kings

Comment

Despite having 4 fouls and 3 turnovers, Baynes had a good debut in 18 minutes of action last night.

Sacramento Kings

Comment

Baynes had a quick stint with the Austin Toros (NBA D-League), he was recalled back to the San Antonio Spurs.
              Sacramento Kings

Comment

Baynes alongside Mills and the rest of the Spurs will meet the Golden State Warriors in the next round. Andrew Bogut has been experiencing some resurgence with the Warriors. I'm glad he's healthy again.
                Sacramento Kings

Comment

Aron Baynes signed with the Detroit Pistons. Seems like a good fit as the Pistons has this image of hardwork and hustle that fits Baynes' style of play.
                  Sacramento Kings

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information