Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Players of Federal Yugoslavia: who is who? (recovered)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players of Federal Yugoslavia: who is who? (recovered)

(Originally posted by
    Marius123, 09-06-2004, 09:19 AM)

Marius123
    09-06-2004, 09:19 AM

I would like to pose a question about the ethnicity of the players of former federal Yugoslavia. In former times, not much attention was paid here who of these guys are Serbs, Croats, Slovenians, Macedonians, Bosnians (Muslims), Montenegrans... (I know it can be a mixed affair in many cases).

This question in mostly directed at our friends from the Balkan region, they should know it the best.

Can you shed some light on the ethnic origins of the great Yugo players from ealier times?

(here I go with the members of Olympic-medal-winning teams, probably there are some great players from former NTs as well)... I also include the members of the later Yugo teams, whose nationality is known by everybody -- maybe there are some "peculiar" things about these players, like the parents of Petrovic brothers, or the like? ...

- Aljosa Zorga
    - Zoran Marojevic
    - Vladimir Cvetkovic
    - Ivo Daneu
    - Damir Solman
    - Dragutin Cermak
    - Radivoj Korac
    - Trajko Rajkovic
    - Dragoslav Raznjatovic
    - Kresimir Cosic
    - Nikola Plesac
    - Petar Skansi
    - Blagoje Georgievski
    - Vinko Jelovac
    - Zeljko Jerkov
    - Zoran Slavnic
    - Drazen Dalipagic
    - Dragan Kicanovic
    - Rajko Zizic
    - Andro Knego
    - Zarko Varajic
    - Mirza Delibasic
    - Ratko Radovanovic
    - Mihovil Nakic
    - Branko Skroce
    - Duje Krstulovic
    - Drazen Petrovic
    - Aleksandar Petrovic
    - Emir Mutapdzic
    - Branko Vukicevic
    - Zoran Cutura
    - Zarko Paspalj
    - Jure Zdovc
    - Vlade Divac
    - Dino Radja
    - Zdravko Radulovic
    - Toni Kukoc
    - Zeljko Obradovic
    - Stojko Vrankovic
    - Franjo Arapovic
    - Danko Cvjeticanin

Thanks, folks!
    Cwilson13
    09-06-2004, 10:15 AM

Here are some I believe to be correct.

Croatia
    - Drazen Petrovic (Father is Serbian and mother Croatian)
    - Aleksandar Petrovic (same)
    - Kresimir Cosic
    - Zoran Cutura
    - Andro Knego
    - Toni Kukoc
    - Dino Radja
    - Zdravko Radulovic - born in NikšiƦ, Montenegro
    - Stojko Vrankovic
    - Franjo Arapovic
    - Danko Cvjeticanin

Serbia/Montenegro
    - Vlade Divac - Serbia
    - Zarko Paspalj - Montenegro

Slovania
    - Ivo Daneu
    - Jure Zdovc
    - Teoman Alibegovic

Bosnia/Herzegovina
    - Drazen Dalipagic - Herzegovina
    - Mirza Delibasic
    Matiz
    09-06-2004, 12:34 PM

Me and my father just had this same conversation few days ago... the fact it's hard to say about their nationality, since in Croatia there was big serbian minority from 16th or 17th century when they were moved there to protect austrian monarchy from Turks...
    Bosnia especially is very racial mixed with bosniaks (muslims), serbians (ortodox) and croatians (catholic)...

here it goes:
    - Aljosa Zorga: slo
    - Zoran Marojevic: ser
    - Vladimir Cvetkovic: ser (i think)
    - Ivo Daneu: slo
    - Damir Solman?
    - Dragutin Cermak?
    - Radivoj Korac: ser
    - Trajko Rajkovic (imo macedonian first name and serbian surname... probably macedonian)
    - Dragoslav Raznjatovic: ser
    - Kresimir Cosic: cro
    - Nikola Plesac
    - Petar Skansi: cro with slo passport
    - Blagoje Georgievski:mac
    - Vinko Jelovac:cro with slo passport
    - Zeljko Jerkov
    - Zoran Slavnic:ser
    - Drazen Dalipagic
    - Dragan Kicanovic:ser
    - Rajko Zizic
    - Andro Knego:?
    - Zarko Varajic
    - Mirza Delibasic:bos
    - Ratko Radovanovic:ser
    - Mihovil Nakic? (I'd say croatian)
    - Branko Skroce?
    - Duje Krstulovic:ser
    - Drazen Petrovic:cro
    - Aleksandar Petrovic:cro
    - Emir Mutapdzic:bos
    - Branko Vukicevic:cro
    - Zoran Cutura:cro
    - Zarko Paspalj:cro
    - Jure Zdovc:slo
    - Vlade Divac:ser
    - Dino Radja: cro (I heard he is part serbian)
    - Zdravko Radulovic
    - Toni Kukoc:cro
    - Zeljko Obradovic:ser
    - Stojko Vrankovic:cro
    - Franjo Arapovic: cro
    - Danko Cvjeticanin
    Alibegovic is bosnian with slovenian citizenship
    Cwilson13
    09-06-2004, 02:28 PM

I think Žarko Paspalj was born in Pljevlja, Montenegro.
    I know that he played for the Yugoslavian (not Croatian) national team after the breakup.
    1995 Euro
    1996 Olympics
    Matiz
    09-06-2004, 11:58 PM
    Originally posted by Cwilson13
    I think Žarko Paspalj was born in Pljevlja, Montenegro.
    I know that he played for the Yugoslavian (not Croatian) national team after the breakup.
    1995 Euro
    1996 Olympics
    Yeah- my bad.... now I wonder why I thought he was croatian in the first place...
    Marius123
    09-07-2004, 02:45 AM

A related question... To what extent are the Serbs and the Montenegrans different? They speak the same language (or almost the same), share the same Orthodox religion, right?

Historically, I see that this small Crna Gora kingdom (with Cetine as capital) has been on the map when Slovenia, Croatia, Macedonia, Bosnia were still parts of Austro-Hungary / Turkey, so maybe there is some special historical sense of nationhood in Montenegro?

Remember of any post-1995 Yugo / SCG team players who are from Montenegro?
    Juan Carlos Nadal
    09-07-2004, 03:11 AM

Marius123
    A related question... To what extent are the Serbs and the Montenegrans different? They speak the same language (or almost the same), share the same Orthodox religion, right?

Historically, I see that this small Crna Gora kingdom (with Cetine as capital) has been on the map when Slovenia, Croatia, Macedonia, Bosnia were still parts of Austro-Hungary / Turkey, so maybe there is some special historical sense of nationhood in Montenegro?

Remember of any post-1995 Yugo / SCG team players who are from Montenegro?
    1st. There is no country called "Macedonia".
    2nd. Zarko Paspalj was the only Montenegrin in the 1995 team. (Sorry, just realized you said "post-1995).
    3rd. Great thread!
    Marius123
    09-07-2004, 03:42 AM

Yes I know that traditional (Greek) Macedonia includes Thessaloniki, Serrai, Kozani, Katerini...

Just stuck to the shorter version for simplicity reasons. Anyway, how to call those people from Skopje, Kumanovo or Tetovo? Fyromians?
    Juan Carlos Nadal
    09-07-2004, 03:47 AM
    Marius123
    Just stuck to the shorter version for simplicity reasons. Anyway, how to call those people from Skopje, Kumanovo or Tetovo? Fyromians?
    Yes, people of FYROM or even FYROMians.

Even FYROM is not an appropriate name IMO. Vardaria, Slavomakedonia or Republic of Skopjie are more appropriate names IMO, but I cannot ask anyone to use these. Given that the official name is FYROM, we should all stick with it until they come up with a new name. A new series of discussion between FYROM and Greece are due to begin soon concerning the name of the republic.
    Just stuck to the shorter version for simplicity reasons
    Sure, I understand. It's like USA and "americans". However, in respect to FYROM, the issue is more sensitive due to the dispute with Greece over the name. Whereas no-one is really bothered that people fro the USA are called Americans, a whole country has serious issues about FYROMians being called Macedonians. That's all.

And I'm sorry to bring up this topic over and over again.
    Last edited by Levenspiel; 07-26-2009, 11:05 AM.
    http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
    http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
    http://www.interbasket.net

(continued from above post)

Marius123
    09-07-2004, 03:49 AM

Do the language of FYROM people resemble more Serbian or Bulgarian? (I've seen conflicting information concerning this issue...)

BTW, I recently found out that there's a patriotic political party in Bulgaria, called "Internal Macedonian Revolutionary Organisation" (VMRO)... Established in the XIX century under the Turkish rule... Was the Skopje region (Slavo-Macedonia) considered a Western region of Bulgaria then? The Greeks should be not very happy with a political party in Bulgaria carrying a name like this...
    Juan Carlos Nadal
    09-07-2004, 03:54 AM

Originally posted by Marius123
    Do the language of FYROM people resemble more Serbian or Bulgarian? (I've seen conflicting information concerning this issue...)

BTW, I recently found out that there's a patriotic political party in Bulgaria, called "Internal Macedonian Revolutionary Organisation" (VMRO)... Established in the XIX century under the Turkish rule... Was Macedonia considered a Western region of Bulgaria then? The Greeks should be not very happy with a political party in Bulgaria carrying a name like this...
    Yeah, Bulgarians consider FYROMians their little brothers. In fact the south-western Bulgaria region (bordering FYROM) is called "Bulgarian Macedonia". This is simply because that region during ancient years was part of the Greek Macedonian Empire. Same goes for FYROM. Members of the party you mentioned promote a unification with FYROM.

As for the language, FYROMian language is a cross between Bulgarian and Serbian. Whereas Bulgs have trouble communicating with Serbians (and vice versa), FYROMians can communicate quite well with both Bulgarians and Serbs.

Their accent is funny though!
    sasha
    09-07-2004, 12:33 PM

- Aljosa Zorga - Slovenian
    - Zoran Marojevic - Montenegro
    - Vladimir Cvetkovic - Serb
    - Ivo Daneu - Slovenian
    - Damir Solman - Croat
    - Dragutin Cermak- Serb
    - Radivoj Korac - Serb
    - Trajko Rajkovic - Serb
    - Dragoslav Raznjatovic - Montenegro
    - Kresimir Cosic - Croat (Mormon)
    - Nikola Plesac - it's Plecas - Serb from Croatia
    - Petar Skansi- Croat
    - Blagoje Georgievski- Macedonian
    - Vinko Jelovac - Slovenian or Croat
    - Zeljko Jerkov- Croat
    - Zoran Slavnic -Serb
    - Drazen Dalipagic - Bosnian Croat living in Serbia
    - Dragan Kicanovic - Serb
    - Rajko Zizic - Montenegro
    - Andro Knego - Croat (Dubrovnik)
    - Zarko Varajic - Serb
    - Mirza Delibasic - Bosnian muslim
    - Ratko Radovanovic - Bosnian Serb - GM of FMP Zeleznik
    - Mihovil Nakic - Croat
    - Branko Skroce - Croat
    - Duje Krstulovic - not sure...Krstulovic is Serbian..but he is from Split
    - Drazen Petrovic - half Serbian half Croat
    - Aleksandar Petrovic -same
    - Emir Mutapdzic - Bosnian muslim
    - Branko Vukicevic - Montenegrin from Croatia
    - Zoran Cutura - Serb from Croatia
    - Zarko Paspalj - Montenegrin
    - Jure Zdovc - Slovenian
    - Vlade Divac - Serb
    - Dino Radja - Croat, I heard that he is half Albanian l
    - Zdravko Radulovic - Montenegrin
    - Toni Kukoc - Croat
    - Zeljko Obradovic - Serb
    - Stojko Vrankovic - as far as I heard he is half Croat half Serbian
    - Franjo Arapovic- Croat
    - Danko Cvjeticanin - really dont know, he lwas born in Belgrade and then move to Croatia...must be Croat...I think his last name was Cveticanin...which should be Serbian...but Cvjeticanin...he is maybe Croat...

Post 95 Montenegrins...should be

Vlado Scepanovic
    Predrag Drobnjak
    Igor Rakocevic
    Aleksandar Pavlovic
    Zarko Cabarkapa

If u wonder who will play for Montenegro when we divide...it's a good question...we can only guess....Montenegro is a strange country...there is only 500.000 Montenegrins in Montenegro...and there is at least one or two millions in Serbia...

I'm just judgin on their last names...but u never know...

Danilovic is actually Monenegrinian last name...but he was born in Sarajevo...
    Bodiroga and Radmanovic are originally from Herzegovina...and as said somewhere Bodiroga and Drazen were cousins...

Population is completely mixed...there is for example last name Nikolic...that can be Monenegrin, Serb..even Croat...there are some muslims with Serbian or Monenegrin's last names...wierd...Kovac for example can be Hungarian, Serb, Croat even Slovenian...

I think it will depend on their own will where will they play....

-------
    Maceondina..or FYROM language resemble more to Bulgarian...to me it's the same...

I wonder where did u pull out all this names I almost forgot about Aljosa Zorga...
    Juan Carlos Nadal
    09-07-2004, 01:01 PM

Originally posted by sasha
    - Stojko Vrankovic - as far as I heard he is half Croat half Serbian
    Wow! It's hard to believe that for such a hardcore Croat! He was the one that took the team off the pondium during the medal ceremony in Athens 95 (when the serbs stepped up to get the gold).

Didn't know that!

sasha
    09-07-2004, 02:26 PM

Originally posted by Juan Carlos Nadal
    Wow! It's hard to believe that for such a hardcore Croat! He was the one that took the team off the pondium during the medal ceremony in Athens 95 (when the serbs stepped up to get the gold).

Didn't know that!
    I must say that I'm not sure about it...I have Serbian friend Vrankovic who told me that Stojko is his distant relative...they are originally from Bosnia.
    His behaviour is not such a surprise...if my source is correct...his ancesters were forced to change from ortodox for roman-catholic and there is quite a number of so called "uniatic" Serbs that become bigger Croats than some natural ones...Turks used that method...if u ever heard of janicars (they raid a village and pick all the male kids...take them to Turkey and they become the most brutal warriors in their homeland)
    Anyway Arijan Komazec for example is pure Serb, Petar Popovic (ex Zadar) is his uncle...BTW anybody have a clew where is that guy?
    Matiz
    09-07-2004, 11:35 PM

Where is who, Petar Popovic or Arijan Komazec?

I know one Petar Popovic is playing for Hemofarm...
    while you probably meant Marko Popovic's father from Zadar-(I think his name was Petar) he was Zadar's coach 2 years back when they won Adriatic league, Marko is a national team player...

I you meant Arijan Komazec he is playing in italian LegaUno for Air Avelino, and quite succesfull, I was really surprised about his statistics when I accidently saw him in the roster... 17.6 points in 33.4 minutes 62.4%F2, 43.8 % F3, 4 rebounds, 1.6 assists...
    I don't know where he is playing the next season, because of such season, I believe he'll get very good contract...
    Marius123
    09-07-2004, 11:55 PM

Originally posted by sasha
    - Kresimir Cosic - Croat (Mormon)
    What do you mean by "Mormon" ?

I wonder where did u pull out all this names I almost forgot about Aljosa Zorga...

Here are some sites that I've been reading about the previous Yugo teams:

http://www.interbasket.net/talk/show...0&pagenumber=2

I especially liked the accounts at this address:

http://www.b92.net/sport/eurobasket2003/istorijat.php

Great stuff.

Some expressions sound really cool to my ear: "Na scenu je stupila nova generacija asova", "Nijedna reprezentacija nije uspela ni da ugrozi 'zbornaju' ".
    sasha
    09-08-2004, 03:49 AM

I meant that he was Mormon....in those times it was very interesting fact to me...because I didn't know anything about Mormons...
    He was a star on Brigham Young....and after he finsihed college he returned to Yugoslavia and refuse to join NBA, actually say no to the Lakers...
    Matiz
    09-08-2004, 04:51 AM
    Originally posted by Marius123
    I especially liked the accounts at this address:

http://www.b92.net/sport/eurobasket2003/istorijat.php

Great stuff.
    I check that site quite often, but I never found this... great stuff indeed.

He was a star on Brigham Young....and after he finsihed college he returned to Yugoslavia and refuse to join NBA, actually say no to the Lakers...
    I hope something like this would become trend in european basketball, that after few years in NBA players from this area would return to europe... I'd like to see Kukoc in Split (for at least one season), Giricek and Planinic in Cibona, of course Nesterovic and Nachbar in Olimpija, Vlade in Partizan, Radmanovic in Zvezda... and so on... dreaming...

while we're at it... Saša do you believe there is any chance for Vlade to come back? I mean he only signed one year contract with Lakers and he is starting to run some bussiness back home... he is not the president of Partizan anymore... but still...
    sasha
    09-08-2004, 07:23 AM

Have no clew what he is up to...
    I think he gave up...but he is still trying to buy Knjaz Milos...so that should say somethin...
    I think he signed 1+1 with Lakers
    Last edited by stuart; 05-09-2006, 09:06 PM.
    http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
    http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
    http://www.interbasket.net

Comment

Radmanovic are originally from Herzegovina
      Radmanovic is orginally from Zadar. His father was an JNA officer and Vladimir was only born in Trebinje when his parents was on an bussines trip. But he grew up in Zadar and is pure serb.

Comment

while you probably meant Marko Popovic's father from Zadar-(I think his name was Petar) he was Zadar's coach 2 years back when they won Adriatic league, Marko is a national team player...
        If he is his father, then Marko Popovic is orginaly serbian. Petar Popovic was born in Kraljevo or Kragujevac I donĀ“t know it exactly now.

Comment

As most of the people say in ex Yugo "whole former Yugoslavia is a huge round-about or traffic lights for a Balkan region".
          Involved in so many wars in last 700 years, that produced a huge imigration and movement of local people from one side of the Yugoslavia to other. If local residence refuse to move or give up on their land/property they were fored to take other cultures (Islamic back in Ottomans Empire or Catholic back in Austro-Hungary Empire).

Deal with Montenegrians nowdays is that Albaninan people that live in MN, so they voted for MN independencey (trying to take over MN, same as what they did on Kosovo and one part of Macedonia).
          Majority of Montenegrians are for united Serbia & Montenegro (as it was always been for centuries).
          Even the most famous Montenegrian King Njegos declered himself as Serb. http://www.njegos.org/

Marko Milic and R. Nasterovic are Serbians who are raised in Slovenia. They have Slovenian Passports and they play for Slovenian NT.
          EuroBasket: Zoran Savic
          WikipƩdia: Zoran Savic

And1 Rising Stars
          Dejan Bodiroga Basketball Camp

Comment

Deal with Montenegrians nowdays is that Albaninan people that live in MN, so they voted for MN independencey (trying to take over MN, same as what they did on Kosovo and one part of Macedonia).
            Majority of Montenegrians are for united Serbia & Montenegro (as it was always been for centuries).
            Even the most famous Montenegrian King Njegos declered himself as Serb.
            That is not true. How can 7% auf the populoution bring an state the independenc? It is right that 95% of them votetd for Yes but they are only 7%. And they only have one city were they were the majority and that is Ulcin. In all other cities they are not many albanians. There are also some in Plav and Gusinje but for expample in Berane, Bijelo Polje (my hometown) they are no albanians. And remember Montenegro was a state in the 1878 I think and then serbia was part of the Ottoman Empire. In Yugolsavia we was also one of six republics. In Montenegro they are 42% montenegrin and plus 14% bosjnaks/moslems (some declare them bosjnaks some as montenegrin moslems) and then the 7% albanian. So we can say that 35% of the 42% are montenegrins which voted with yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Karbo
              Marko Milic and R. Nasterovic are Serbians who are raised in Slovenia. They have Slovenian Passports and they play for Slovenian NT.
              Milič has a serbian father and slovenian mother, both members of Yugo athletic national team, borned in Kranj... he is as much serb as Mateja Kežman is slovenian
              i have some serbian blood in myself as well (grand-grand-grand mother was serbian) and I don't think such mixtures are something unussuall throughout the balkan...

Radoslav Nesterović has a bosnian serb parents that lived in Ljubljana (nothing special as well, one third of Ljubljana probably has at least one ancestor from ex-Yu)...Zagorac brothers origin from Croatia, Bečirovič is half bosnian, half of our football NT members are from ex-Yu as well... I don't think anyone really has a problem with it, some of those people act more slovenian that some 100% blood slovenians do
              Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
              That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

A very helpful and informative thread. Thank you very much for this.
                I am the Watcher...

Comment

Trajko Rajkovic is Serb

Trajko Rajkovic is Serb, born in Leskovac, Serbia. Both parents Serbs (Ruza i Mirko Rajkovic). He died in 1970, 5 days after Yugoslavia won the World Championship.
                  (3rd from the left - seated - on the photo)

Comment

- Aljosa Zorga - Slovene
                    - Zoran Marojevic - Croat born (ethnicity ?)
                    - Ivo Daneu - Slovene (Vlach ethnicity)
                    - Damir Solman - Croat
                    - Dragutin Cermak - Serbian born (Croat ethnicity)
                    - Radivoj Korac - Serb
                    - Trajko Rajkovic - Serb
                    - Dragoslav Raznjatovic - Serb
                    - Kresimir Cosic - Croat
                    - Nikola Plecas - Croat born (Serb ethnicity?)
                    - Petar Skansi - Croat
                    - Blagoje Georgievski - Macedonian
                    - Vinko Jelovac - Croat
                    - Zeljko Jerkov - Croat
                    - Zoran Slavnic - Serb
                    - Drazen Dalipagic - Herzegovina born (Bosniak father, Croat mother)
                    - Rajko Zizic - Montenegrin born (Serb ethnicity)
                    - Andro Knego - Croat
                    - Zarko Varajic - Montenegrin born (Serb ethnicity)
                    - Mirza Delibasic - Bosniak
                    - Ratko Radovanovic - Montenegrin born (Serb ethnicity)
                    - Mihovil Nakic - Montenegrin born (Croat ethnicity?)
                    - Branko Skroce - Croat
                    - Duje Krstulovic - Croat
                    - Drazen Petrovic - Croat born (Montenegrin father, Croat mother)
                    - Aleksandar Petrovic - Croat born (Montenegrin father, Croat mother)
                    - Emir Mutapdzic - Bosniak
                    - Branko Vukicevic - Croat
                    - Zoran Cutura - Croat
                    - Zarko Paspalj - Montenegrin born (Serb ethnicity)
                    - Jure Zdovc - Slovene
                    - Vlade Divac - Serb
                    - Dino Radja - Croat
                    - Toni Kukoc - Croat
                    - Stojko Vrankovic - Croat
                    - Franjo Arapovic - Herzegovina born (Croat ethnicity)
                    - Danko Cvjeticanin - Croat born (Serb ethnicity?)

Comment

Originally posted by Kotarac View Post
                      - Aljosa Zorga - Slovene
                      - Zoran Marojevic - Croat born (ethnicity ?)
                      - Ivo Daneu - Slovene (Vlach ethnicity)
                      - Damir Solman - Croat
                      - Dragutin Cermak - Serbian born (Croat ethnicity)
                      - Radivoj Korac - Serb
                      - Trajko Rajkovic - Serb
                      - Dragoslav Raznjatovic - Serb
                      - Kresimir Cosic - Croat
                      - Nikola Plecas - Croat born (Serb ethnicity?)
                      - Petar Skansi - Croat
                      - Blagoje Georgievski - Macedonian
                      - Vinko Jelovac - Croat
                      - Zeljko Jerkov - Croat
                      - Zoran Slavnic - Serb
                      - Drazen Dalipagic - Herzegovina born (Bosniak father, Croat mother)
                      - Rajko Zizic - Montenegrin born (Serb ethnicity)
                      - Andro Knego - Croat
                      - Zarko Varajic - Montenegrin born (Serb ethnicity)
                      - Mirza Delibasic - Bosniak
                      - Ratko Radovanovic - Montenegrin born (Serb ethnicity)
                      - Mihovil Nakic - Montenegrin born (Croat ethnicity?)
                      - Branko Skroce - Croat
                      - Duje Krstulovic - Croat
                      - Drazen Petrovic - Croat born (Montenegrin father, Croat mother)
                      - Aleksandar Petrovic - Croat born (Montenegrin father, Croat mother)
                      - Emir Mutapdzic - Bosniak
                      - Branko Vukicevic - Croat
                      - Zoran Cutura - Croat
                      - Zarko Paspalj - Montenegrin born (Serb ethnicity)
                      - Jure Zdovc - Slovene
                      - Vlade Divac - Serb
                      - Dino Radja - Croat
                      - Toni Kukoc - Croat
                      - Stojko Vrankovic - Croat
                      - Franjo Arapovic - Herzegovina born (Croat ethnicity)
                      - Danko Cvjeticanin - Croat born (Serb ethnicity?)
                      Drazen Dalipagic (Bosniak father). His father's family was originally from Montenegro (serb ethnicity) and was converted to islam during ottoman occupation. Dalipagic told it once on serbian TV.

Drazen Petrovic father is originally serb from Herzegovina. Petrovic family name is originally a serbian familly name from this part of Bosnia. Bodiroga's grandfather and Drazen's grandfather were sister and brother.

Danko Cvjeticanin - Croat born (Serb ethnicity)
                      Toni Prostran - Croat born (Serb ethnicity)
                      Darijo Saric - Croat born (Serb ethnicity)

Comment

Originally posted by JoŔko Poljak Fan View Post
                        Bečirovič is half bosnian
                        His father is Albanian actually. Albanian from Macedonian border, at least I was told so. He changed his last name when he came to Graz, before moving to Slovenia where he meet his wife who is Bosnian born in Slovenia, I think. If those rumors are true, then we can say Sani is of Albanian descent. I was even told that Sani speaks fluent Albanian. Of course, those are unconfirmed rumors which are flying around in basketball community. Once again, rumors.
                        Last edited by elaj; 02-08-2011, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbionGate View Post
                          Bodiroga's grandfather and Drazen's grandfather were sister and brother.
                          Wow, man, Bodiroga's grandfather was a female! Spectacular!

Comment

Originally posted by SunOverHStreet View Post
                            Wow, man, Bodiroga's grandfather was a female! Spectacular!
                            My mistake, Bodiroga's grandmother.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbionGate View Post
                              My mistake, Bodiroga's grandmother.
                              It's ok, little fun didn't hurt no one...

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information