No announcement yet.

Ersan Ilyasova in the NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ersan's best game so far He lead the Bucks with 22 pts (4/8 3pt) + 9 rebs (+ 1 assist + 1 steal). Way to go
    He's definately a nba player. Saw him yesterday and is already outperforming other players in his draft like Martell Webster. Kudos to the Bucks management.
    Alrighty then! Take care now, bye bye then.

Comment

The kid's looking good .......

Here is an article that was on their website. It certainly sounds as though the injuries to his teammates have worked in his favour and he is settling into a good rhythm. Here's to the same progress for the rest of the season and for the NT in the summer.

Comment

Ersan with his second best game so far: 21 pts (5/7 3pt) (+ 3 rebs + 3 assists) in a loss to the Pistons while playing 34 minutes.
        Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
        Artificial Nature

Comment

Good game for Ersan against the Magic: 18 pts + 5 rebs in 22 minutes.
          Artificial Nature

Comment

Ersan Ilyasova Videos

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Ilyasova's return to the Bucks confirmed...
              Bronze Medal - IBN 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Prediction Game

Comment

Ilyasova matures into pro:
                Originally posted by Fedfan
                Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                Originally posted by GuTO
                refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Ilyasova with a good game tonight, 19 points and 12 rebounds in 33 minutes, played at the end of regulation and all of overtime.
                  Originally posted by Fedfan
                  Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                  Originally posted by GuTO
                  refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Originally posted by JGX View Post
                    Ilyasova with a good game tonight, 19 points and 12 rebounds in 33 minutes, played at the end of regulation and all of overtime.
                    Actually we were expecting that he will play in starting five and get more minutes when he returned to Bucks. I think he has more potential than other Turkish NBA players Hedo Turkoglu and Mehmet Okur. If he continues to play good like that, he can be in starting five and get more minutes. If he can't get more minutes, I think he can leave from Bucks.
                    Turkish National Team in 2016

PG : Kenan Sipahi - Dogus Balbay - Kartal Özmızrak
                    SG : Melih Mahmutoğlu - Furkan Korkmaz - Cedi Osman
                    SF : Metecan Birsen - Okben Ulubay
                    PF : Ersan Ilyasova - Ilkan Karaman - Furkan Aldemir
                    C : Omer Asik - Enes Kanter - Emircan Kosut

Comment

He's played well in the last eight games starting the last four. Ilyasova has averaged 13.9 points, 8.5 rebounds and shooting 43.3% from three. The Milwaukee Bucks have won 6 of 8 games.

Stuart
                      http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
                      http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
                      http://www.interbasket.net

Comment

20 points and 16 rebounds tonight for Ilyasova. This guy is a different player after spending a year back in Europe.
                        Last edited by BBallfanJ; 11-29-2009, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Rebounding strong

Ilyasova makes most of his second chance

By Charles F. Gardner of the Journal Sentinel
                          Posted: Nov. 29, 2009

Ersan Ilyasova is only a second-year player in the National Basketball Association.

But if it seems the 6-foot-10 forward has been around longer than that, he has.

It's just that Ilyasova was playing his trade with FC Regal Barcelona in Spain for the past two seasons, preparing himself for the day he would return.

Now, he's back with the Milwaukee Bucks and making a true impact as a starting power forward. Ilyasova posted a double-double with 20 points and a career-best 16 rebounds in the Bucks' 100-98 loss to Orlando on Saturday night at the Bradley Center.

And he nearly was the hero of the game but missed an open three-point shot that would have given the Bucks a one-point lead in the final minute.

"Ers played well again," Bucks coach Scott Skiles said of Ilyasova's effort, which helped make up for the absence of injured center Andrew Bogut.

"We did a nice job of spreading the floor, and we found him a few times. He's able to make shots. Other than Bogues, he's been our most consistent rebounder."

The Bucks will need more of that as they try to halt a four-game losing streak when they meet the Chicago Bulls on Monday night. It will be the end of a quick two-game home stand before the Bucks leave again for games in Washington and Detroit this week.

Against Orlando, Ilyasova recorded his fourth double-double of the season and his third in the last five games. He was 8 of 18 from the field, including 2 of 5 from three-point range, and he grabbed seven offensive rebounds.

"We didn't bring the win, but we played hard and aggressive," Ilyasova said. "It's part of my game; I try to get second opportunities for my teammates and try to get to the offensive glass as hard as I can."

Ilyasova was selected by the Bucks in the second round of the 2005 draft, and his only previous NBA experience came during the 2006-'07 season, when he played in 66 games at the age of 19.

The Turkish player has benefited from his time in Barcelona as well as his work with his country's national team.

"Obviously, he has spent a lot of time working on his skills," Orlando coach Stan Van Gundy said. "That's one thing they have a lot more time for over there (in Europe); they don't play as many games.

"His skill level has gone up a great deal, plus he's matured physically, which is a big thing for young guys. He's stronger now and has a chance to compete more in this league.

"Before he always played hard. He just didn't have the physical maturity at that point to play in the league as effectively as he's playing now."

Skiles also pointed out that Ilyasova is developing a comfort level after battling some of the top big men in the league early in the season, including Dallas' Dirk Nowitzki, San Antonio's Tim Duncan and Orlando's Dwight Howard.

Ilyasova actually ranks fifth in rebounding among NBA players classified as sophomores. He has averaged 7.5 rebounds, putting him ahead of Indiana's Roy Hibbert, Golden State's Anthony Randolph and Miami's Michael Beasley.

The top sophomore rebounder is Memphis center Marc Gasol at 10.8 per game, followed by Sacramento's Jason Thompson (9.3), New Jersey's Brook Lopez (8.9) and Portland's Greg Oden (8.2).

Ilyasova is averaging 15.2 rebounds per 40 minutes, second among sophs only to Oden's 15.9 mark.

His 20-point performance was only two shy of his career high established against the Chicago Bulls on Jan. 17, 2007, but his rebound total topped the mark of 13 he established earlier this season against the New York Knicks.

The Bucks have struggled to rebound the ball in the absence of Bogut and injured small forward Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, so Ilyasova's efforts in that area have been vital.

"He plays with great energy, runs the court, attacks the glass, shoots the three," Van Gundy said. "Sometimes you forget that guys are able to make improvement after they come into the league. You tend to go with first impression on guys.

"He's not even the same guy that was here before. He's a tough guy who plays real hard."
                          sigpic
                          ACB league
                          Scola & Ginobili 4 life
                          TAU & Lakers supporter
                          need4sheed.com

Comment

Milwaukee won against Toronto last day! It made me so happy.Hedo in Toronto and I like him but Ersan is more important to me.He is our young pride!
                            Ricky Rubio was born to be BEST!.

Comment

Originally posted by Ceren9 View Post
                              Milwaukee won against Toronto last day! It made me so happy.Hedo in Toronto and I like him but Ersan is more important to me.He is our young pride!
                              You should be proud of him. He's a fantastic player. He scored 19 points, 10 rebounds, 6 assists last night in a win against the Washington Wizards. He only played 30 minutes.

He still seems like a very "hot and cold" player to me. Some nights, like last night, he's just fantastic. He's on fire. Then, the next day he shoots 3-10. Is he starting in front of Mbah a Moute?
                              "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Originally posted by mvblair View Post
                                He still seems like a very "hot and cold" player to me. Some nights, like last night, he's just fantastic. He's on fire. Then, the next day he shoots 3-10. Is he starting in front of Mbah a Moute?
                                I don't think he is, but I really do think he should. He needs to be a bit more consistent.
                                Artificial Nature

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information