2014 Team USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Raze Lupin View Post
    The announcers said "As good as USA is individually they have to move the defense by moving the ball. ISO won't work on the elite teams"

Its PR 47 and USA 52 at the half.
    On the offensive end we need to move the ball more and get better shot. I think that will come in time.

On the defensive end: PR is exposing USA's weak team defense. Its sad. USA is getting totally getting exposed right now.
    don't worry, after a workout in their group at round 1 of the tournament..they should get the feel of the team and sytem. as the tournament goes deeper, they should get better. and that's when other teams would know the real worth of the USA team..exhibition games are worth nothing..real games starts on the end of this month. the important one would be the finals..

Comment

• Not looking forward to a whole tournament of the announcers claiming that the World Cup is considered a bigger tournament than the Olympics throughout the world.
      Originally posted by Fedfan
      Most ppl get childish when they lose.
      Originally posted by GuTO
      refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

• Originally posted by JGX View Post
        Not looking forward to a whole tournament of the announcers claiming that the World Cup is considered a bigger tournament than the Olympics throughout the world.
        They aren't exactly wrong though.
        The World Championship(Cup) was always bigger everywhere but the US because we weren't default favorites every time like the Olympics

Comment

• Seriously, I wouldn't be mad if Harden got cut. He's been continuity killing since he's been on the floor.

Comment

• Originally posted by JGX View Post
            Not looking forward to a whole tournament of the announcers claiming that the World Cup is considered a bigger tournament than the Olympics throughout the world.
            The funny thing is they said that then immediately mentioned Lithuania one of the countries where that's definitely bullshit.
            Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Federoy View Post
              Of course they can lose, but I'm not ready to cash in my chips just because they're struggling in their third exhibition game against a heady, experienced Puerto Rican squad. So many teams in the tournament are missing key players, so reasonably, if these teams were at full-strength and the US were on the other side of the bracket, I would be very very worried. As it stands, the US probably won't face any serious opposition until the quarter or semi-finals (Australia, Slovenia or Lithuania would be the likely candidates for an upset).
              I think lietuva can pull the upset, in 2012 they played a very close game with a better team usa, but at the end of the day they are going to the finals, and i want them to win it all to be honest.
              sigpic

Comment

• For me, US will have a hard time defending the World Championships.
                Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Steadysoul View Post
                  They aren't exactly wrong though.
                  Of course they are, look at the number of players that skip the WC, look at the empty arenas for most games. I realize there are some countries that do not qualify for the Olympics often and the WC is therefore their big tournament, but that is not the same thing.

FIBA themselves realize this, that is why they're turning the WC into the main qualifying tournament for the Olympics.
                  Originally posted by Fedfan
                  Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                  Originally posted by GuTO
                  refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

• Originally posted by tres equis View Post
                    I think lietuva can pull the upset, in 2012 they played a very close game with a better team usa, but at the end of the day they are going to the finals, and i want them to win it all to be honest.
                    I've got mad respect for Puerto Rico and how they handle their business. This is not an easy team for the US to play against because they've got crafty guards that can spread the floor, penetrate & kick, and attack the basket. We needed to be kicked in the teeth a bit by PR to get our attention and let us know that these games won't always be a walk in the park.

Comment

• Well its the Olympics. Even the boring sports have few empty seats.

Comment

• 112-86. very predictable outcome as i said at halftime. puerto rico with solid backourt but not much else.
                        curry (20), harden (13) gay (13), thompson (12) faried (12) irving (11), davis (10)
                        cousins (8), rose (6), plumlee (4) parsons (3) korver (0)
                        derozan, hayward, drummond, and lillard did not play.
                        Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Federoy View Post
                          I've got mad respect for Puerto Rico and how they handle their business. This is not an easy team for the US to play against because they've got crafty guards that can spread the floor, penetrate & kick, and attack the basket. We needed to be kicked in the teeth a bit by PR to get our attention and let us know that these games won't always be a walk in the park.
                          It seems that puerto rico sometimes needs to give them a slap in the face to wake them up hahaha.
                          Last edited by tres equis; 08-23-2014, 01:25 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by usagre View Post
                            112-86. very predictable outcome as i said at halftime. puerto rico with solid backourt but not much else.
                            curry (20), harden (13) gay (13), thompson (12) faried (12) irving (11), davis (10)
                            cousins (8), rose (6), plumlee (4) parsons (3) korver (0)
                            derozan, hayward, drummond, and lillard did not play.
                            You obviously don't know the puerto rican players, but that's ok, your not the only one.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by tres equis View Post
                              You obviously don't know the puerto rican players, but that's ok, your not the only one.
                              why what other puerto rican player would you consider similar to barea and arroyo as top level players?
                              Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

• Originally posted by usagre View Post
                                why what other puerto rican player would you consider similar to barea and arroyo as top level players?
                                Men, if you dont know fiba basketball and you only area bandwagoner of Kobe, Rose or Lebron, just skip to that.
                                Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
                                16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
                                Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
                                8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information