2014 Team USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by usagre View Post
    i wonder if he knew that going into the 2010 tournament only 4/12 players had made an all star team.
    Among them there was the great Durant.

Now you only have a lot of young very good players that will become a very good team. But there isn't a special player.

On the other hand, Spain has an excellent team that has been playing together for 10 years with a fantastic frontcourt built with 3 of the best bigmen of the NBA (one of them is a basketball all time legend) and will be playing at home.

Comment

• Originally posted by carlo View Post
      As things are turning, US team chances of winning have greatly lowered.

A major impact for USA on failing to win the WC would be the need of playing the Fiba America qualification tournament for Rio 2016.
      Canada, Argentina, Rep. Dominicana, Puerto Rico and Mexico fighting for only one berth. How nasty.

Comment

• i like it i thought he fit in well in 2010
        Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alyosha12 View Post
          So all in all the USA has an excellent chance to make the finals. There anything could happen because any team who makes it out of group A or B to the finals is twice the team, USA will face all tournament up until that moment.
          Oh, sure, twice the team...
          LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
          Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
          Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Dtown View Post
            Spain is the favorite now I don't think there's any denying that. Lithuania goes from possible threat to definite threat, and teams like Slovenia get upgraded to threats as well. There's still a lot of talent on this team but most of it is unproven international and we are disastrously thin at PF and Center.
            Cutting Millsap in retrospect may have been a bad move. We certainly need more beef and versatility at the 4 spot. Inviting a Greg Monroe, David West or Terrance Jones would have solidified the position.

Comment

• Originally posted by Federoy View Post
              Cutting Millsap in retrospect may have been a bad move. We certainly need more beef and versatility at the 4 spot. Inviting a Greg Monroe, David West or Terrance Jones would have solidified the position.
              terrance jones? he's not related to you by any chance is he? that guy has a lot to prove before he can join a team like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Federoy View Post
                what do you think of rudy gay? i like him as an international 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by usagre View Post
                  what do you think of rudy gay? i like him as an international 4.
                  Gay is a solid player. My issue with him is that he's a volume scorer who seems more comfortable with the ball in his hands instead of playing off the ball. Also, for his size and athleticism, he isn't noted as a particularly great defender. Having said that, he would be a good addition to this team given his prior NT experience.

terrance jones? he's not related to you by any chance is he? that guy has a lot to prove before he can join a team like this.
                  He's my older brother ...seriously, don't sleep on Terrance Jones. He's an inside-out player with a consistent mid-range shot, excellent ball handling skills, and can locate rebounds on both ends. For the purpose of this national team, he has the right tools to contribute.

Comment

• Wow, two Sacramento Kings players competing for a Team USA spot. Rudy Gay as Federoy said is more of a volume shooter and less efficient compared to Durant.

There's a good chance that both Gay and Cousins make it now.
                    Sacramento Kings
                    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

• A Gay-Love-Cousins conection would have been lethal!.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
                        Wow, two Sacramento Kings players competing for a Team USA spot. Rudy Gay as Federoy said is more of a volume shooter and less efficient compared to Durant.

There's a good chance that both Gay and Cousins make it now.
                        I agree, Gay's never been a very efficient scorer. I hope he defers to some of the other guys on offense and focuses on providing strong defense and being an opportunistic scorer (i.e. very little shooting off the dribble, only fast break scoring and shooting open jumpers created by others)- if he does those things I think he can be an extremely valuable part of this team.

Comment

• I wonder how will the friendly against Brazil be played in manner? Passive defense and all offense, or will Brazil (USA maybe) will take this game seriously?

I feel that Team USA needs either a shove or even a kick for a sense of urgency, not that our guys are slacking off after injuries and withdrawals happened from the previous weeks.

According to Sheridan's prediction, Andre Drummond, Kyle Korver, Gordon Hayward, Klay Thompson and DeMar DeRozan will be cut.
                          Sacramento Kings
                          HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

• Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
                            I wonder how will the friendly against Brazil be played in manner? Passive defense and all offense, or will Brazil (USA maybe) will take this game seriously?

I feel that Team USA needs either a shove or even a kick for a sense of urgency, not that our guys are slacking off after injuries and withdrawals happened from the previous weeks.

According to Sheridan's prediction, Andre Drummond, Kyle Korver, Gordon Hayward, Klay Thompson and DeMar DeRozan will be cut.
                            I think Klay, Derozan, Korver is a mistake. they should drop cousins

Comment

• Originally posted by tres equis View Post
                              A Gay-Love-Cousins conection would have been lethal!.
                              lol...that sounds kinda inappropriate

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information