No announcement yet.

2014 Team USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to make a pre-seleccion of players i would like to see trying to make the team.

C-Brook Lopez, Al Jefferson, David Lee(c/f), Greg monroe, Demarcus Cousins(c/f)

PF-Blake Griffin, Kevin Love, Kenneth Faried, Anthony Davis, Lamarcus Aldridge, Zach Randolph

SF-Rudy Gay, Andre Iguodala, Kawhi Leonard, Chandler Parsons, Gordon Hayward

SG-James Harden, Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Paul George, DeMar DeRozan

PG-Deron Williams, Kyrie Irving, Damian Lillard, John Wall, Rajon Rondo

Head Coach- Gregg Popovich
    sigpic

Comment

Sports Illustrated revealed that Mike Krzyzewski could be at the helm of Team USA once more for the 2014 World Cup and the 2016 Rio Olympics.

Coach K still considering Team USA
      Sacramento Kings
      HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Has Kevin Durant ruled out playing for Team USA? How about LBJ?

Team USA should learn from their past mistakes of sending small players. They should continue what they did right, send tall players who can play multiple positions. Good thing for them is that they have an endless supply of young players who are very talented.

I like this list minus Rondo and Wall because we all know how important shooting is in FIBA:

C-Brook Lopez, Al Jefferson, David Lee(c/f), Greg monroe, Demarcus Cousins(c/f)

PF-Blake Griffin, Kevin Love, Kenneth Faried, Anthony Davis, Lamarcus Aldridge, Zach Randolph

SF-Rudy Gay, Andre Iguodala, Kawhi Leonard, Chandler Parsons, Gordon Hayward

SG-James Harden, Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Paul George, DeMar DeRozan

PG-Deron Williams, Kyrie Irving, Damian Lillard, John Wall, Rajon Rondo

Head Coach- Gregg Popovich

Comment

Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
          Has Kevin Durant ruled out playing for Team USA? How about LBJ?
          Kevin Durant at this point has not announced any plans regarding 2014 and 2016 as far as I'm concerned. On LeBron James, he has declared his intentions to enlist for Team USA in 2016 for the Rio Olympics, which makes it the fourth Olympics for James.

LeBron eyes 2016 Olympics
          Sacramento Kings

Comment

Kevin Love is rooting for Mike Krzyzewski to return.

Love pusher for Coach K for 2016
            Sacramento Kings

Comment

Surprised no one else posted this but..

Official Coach K to remain as USA Basketball coach

As much as I love Doc and Pop, why mess with a good thing?
              Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

I sense that for next year, we will be seeing new faces for Team USA alongside some veterans. Much like the 2010 WC in Turkey. But for this summer, I am eager to see who will be invited into the mini camp.
                Sacramento Kings

Comment

Originally posted by Dtown View Post
                  Surprised no one else posted this but..

Official Coach K to remain as USA Basketball coach

As much as I love Doc and Pop, why mess with a good thing?

Official announcement by USA Basketball:

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
                    I sense that for next year, we will be seeing new faces for Team USA alongside some veterans. Much like the 2010 WC in Turkey. But for this summer, I am eager to see who will be invited into the mini camp.
                    Marc Stein of ESPN is reporting via Twitter that Chandler Parsons, Klay Thompson, Harrison Barnes, Anthony Davis, Ryan Anderson, Larry Sanders and Kawhi Leonard have been invited: https://twitter.com/intent/user?scre...=ESPNSteinLine

Comment

Originally posted by NorCal View Post
                      Marc Stein of ESPN is reporting via Twitter that Chandler Parsons, Klay Thompson, Harrison Barnes, Anthony Davis, Ryan Anderson, Larry Sanders and Kawhi Leonard have been invited: https://twitter.com/intent/user?scre...=ESPNSteinLine
                      Cool, thanks.

Anthony Davis brings in the much needed continuity from the gold medal winning team from last year's olympics. As for Anderson, he dropped out of the 2012 USA select squad due to free agency matters. I see Klay Thompson being effective as he gives us that potent long range threat. While I think Leonard will play a similar role to that of Andre Iguodala.
                      Sacramento Kings

Comment

Paul George and Roy Hibbert should be a lock for the next Team USA.

With guys like Curry, Lillard, Parsons, Hayward, Leonard and Thompson, this new Team USA will definitely be very fun to watch.

Comment

Hibbert has already played for the senior team of Jamaica. I doubt FIBA would give dispensation regarding his whim on being released by JaBa.
                          Sacramento Kings

Comment

Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
                            Paul George and Roy Hibbert should be a lock for the next Team USA.

With guys like Curry, Lillard, Parsons, Hayward, Leonard and Thompson, this new Team USA will definitely be very fun to watch.
                            Not single dominat big guy to be honest. I mean no smell of Hakeem, Robinson, Shaq, Duncan whatsoever.
                            LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                            Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                            Buzelis, Lelevicius
                            Murauskas, Sirvydis
                            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                              Not single dominat big guy to be honest. I mean no smell of Hakeem, Robinson, Shaq, Duncan whatsoever.
                              I used to be bothered by this, citing the US lack of interior presence as a major weakness, but we've done quite well without a serious post player. Really the only thing close to a 'dominant' big recently was Dwight in 2008, and even then he was never to focal point of the team.
                              Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dtown View Post
                                I used to be bothered by this, citing the US lack of interior presence as a major weakness, but we've done quite well without a serious post player. Really the only thing close to a 'dominant' big recently was Dwight in 2008, and even then he was never to focal point of the team.
                                Yeah, I was refering more to the simple fact and not consequences. It's interesting that USA 2004 had Duncan, but that team struggled. On other hand, I still hope fundamental big men are nore out of the picture of todays basketball. I mean contemporary basketball is really lacking dues like Stockton- Malone, P.Hardaway- Shaq and so on. I hope Parker and Duncan (vanishing specie) will win NBA title this year.
                                LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                                Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                                Buzelis, Lelevicius
                                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information