Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Team USA

Quote Originally Posted by JGX View Post
    Not looking forward to a whole tournament of the announcers claiming that the World Cup is considered a bigger tournament than the Olympics throughout the world.
    The funny thing is they said that then immediately mentioned Lithuania one of the countries where that's definitely bullshit.
    Pistons: 2018-2019 In the middle of nowhere

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Federoy View Post
    Of course they can lose, but I'm not ready to cash in my chips just because they're struggling in their third exhibition game against a heady, experienced Puerto Rican squad. So many teams in the tournament are missing key players, so reasonably, if these teams were at full-strength and the US were on the other side of the bracket, I would be very very worried. As it stands, the US probably won't face any serious opposition until the quarter or semi-finals (Australia, Slovenia or Lithuania would be the likely candidates for an upset).
    I think lietuva can pull the upset, in 2012 they played a very close game with a better team usa, but at the end of the day they are going to the finals, and i want them to win it all to be honest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For me, US will have a hard time defending the World Championships.

Quote Originally Posted by Steadysoul View Post
    They aren't exactly wrong though.
    Of course they are, look at the number of players that skip the WC, look at the empty arenas for most games. I realize there are some countries that do not qualify for the Olympics often and the WC is therefore their big tournament, but that is not the same thing.

FIBA themselves realize this, that is why they're turning the WC into the main qualifying tournament for the Olympics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Quote Originally Posted by tres equis View Post
    I think lietuva can pull the upset, in 2012 they played a very close game with a better team usa, but at the end of the day they are going to the finals, and i want them to win it all to be honest.
    I've got mad respect for Puerto Rico and how they handle their business. This is not an easy team for the US to play against because they've got crafty guards that can spread the floor, penetrate & kick, and attack the basket. We needed to be kicked in the teeth a bit by PR to get our attention and let us know that these games won't always be a walk in the park.

Well its the Olympics. Even the boring sports have few empty seats.

112-86. very predictable outcome as i said at halftime. puerto rico with solid backourt but not much else.
    curry (20), harden (13) gay (13), thompson (12) faried (12) irving (11), davis (10)
    cousins (8), rose (6), plumlee (4) parsons (3) korver (0)
    derozan, hayward, drummond, and lillard did not play.

I've got mad respect for Puerto Rico and how they handle their business. This is not an easy team for the US to play against because they've got crafty guards that can spread the floor, penetrate & kick, and attack the basket. We needed to be kicked in the teeth a bit by PR to get our attention and let us know that these games won't always be a walk in the park.
    It seems that puerto rico sometimes needs to give them a slap in the face to wake them up hahaha.
    Last edited by tres equis; 08-23-2014 at 01:25 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    112-86. very predictable outcome as i said at halftime. puerto rico with solid backourt but not much else.
    curry (20), harden (13) gay (13), thompson (12) faried (12) irving (11), davis (10)
    You obviously don't know the puerto rican players, but that's ok, your not the only one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You obviously don't know the puerto rican players, but that's ok, your not the only one.
    why what other puerto rican player would you consider similar to barea and arroyo as top level players?

why what other puerto rican player would you consider similar to barea and arroyo as top level players?
    Men, if you dont know fiba basketball and you only area bandwagoner of Kobe, Rose or Lebron, just skip to that.
    Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
    16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
    Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
    8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Quote Originally Posted by PRSURF View Post
    Men, if you dont know fiba basketball and you only area bandwagoner of Kobe, Rose or Lebron, just skip to that.
    i am waiting give me a name.
    and don't get angry cause you got smoked.

Quote Originally Posted by PRSURF View Post
    i guess by fiba basketball you mean the puerto rican league. cause other than your backourt that i praised the rest of them play there.

Certainly, their backcourt is their strength, but they're not limited to just that. Their wing players, especially Sanchez in the first half, were doing plenty of damage throughout the game. At times, they out-hustled us, out-rebounded us, and out-executed us on offense, and we're suppose to have the "superior" team. The outcome is not indicative of how the game actually went.

why isn't it indicative? it's a 40 minute game. a lot of teams can play well for a half or even three quarters. this game was over about 4 minutes into the second half.
    the final score was very indicative.

why isn't it indicative? it's a 40 minute game. a lot of teams can play well for a half or even three quarters. this game was over about 4 minutes into the second half.
    the final score was very indicative.
    They started making a lot of tournovers by wanting to play fancy basketball, you can't do that againts this team. but this is just an exhibition.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

They started making a lot of tournovers by wanting to play fancy basketball, you can't do that againts this team. but this is just an exhibition.
    i see your point. but the usa defense contributed to that a little. you knew they were gonna crank it up a little at the start of the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by Richey666 View Post
    US is playing against weak Puerto RIco like bunch of amateurs with nothing even remotely close to gameplan.
    If they continue like this: Greece, Lithuania, Slovenia, Spain, all have quite realistic chances to beat USA.
    Just dont turn ball over and US team is unable to initiate any half-court offense, only chucking up early threes, but so far not hitting them with enough accuracy. Harden is a cancer to this team.
    PR is not weak by any logical assessment. PR is the type of team that upsets higher rank teams. Also did you here the crowd there are millions of puertoricans in NYC! BORICUA!!!!!

I can definitely see team usa losing in this world cup, and no matter what happens in this game, im really proud of how puerto rico played them.
    I predict team USA will lose one game I just hope its not in the elimination round. Maybe the loss will be to Slovenia in friendly play

I don't know why Coach K is obsessed with giving Rudy Gay minutes over Parsons, Hayward, and others. He hasn't shown me anything since he's been in camp.
    OK that is what I've been saying! Usagre said its because Gay is a pf and Parsons is a sf. To me that should not matter! Lets take Parsons! To Gays credit he was hanging around camp before the PG injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Dtown View Post
    I got to agree about the overreaction. For one Puerto Rico has what few teams in this tournament have capable, reliable, guards that withstand US ball pressure. For two it's pretty clear the US still exploring the lineup and don't have a set rotation yet. #3 Not to be rude to upcoming opponents but group C might as well be another set of practice games before the actual tournament starts in the knock out round.

On another note with the way Faried is playing today he's got to be a lock right?
    ARE YOU SAYING I"M OVER REACTING!!!?? <---*sarcasm* Yeah I'm not saying USA is doomed but USA's defense was exposed! It was seriously exposed. Yes PR guards are good, yes they have shooters and yes they have a quality squad. Still that does not excuse USA 1st half inept ability to consistently defend against simple passing and screens. I'll say it again we were exposed. Faried has been a lock for a while me thinks.

Seriously, I wouldn't be mad if Harden got cut. He's been continuity killing since he's been on the floor.
    Right??? We should let Harden go and keep DeRozan! We could also let cousins go because of his emotional instability and let Plumlee play.

IMHO the final score almost means nothing in this friendly! What i pay attention too is the offensive and defensive strategy and tactics of USA. Can USA make the right adjustment to x tactics? How do they adjust? How quickly they adjust/counter? How is the offensive flow? How is the defensive chemistry? I care less about if we win by 40 in a friendly or lose by 1. I want to see us work as team because USA will be tested and I know we are not ready now. I'm a bit anxious to know if we will be. I think we will but I'm not sure.

Can we leave Cousins and harden at home???

Barea and Arroyo are the top players, but also they have good fiba players in Huertas, Vasallo, Ricky Sanchez, Balkman, Santiago(who is old but can do the job), Clemente, Franklyn, Rivera, i think we can do a great job in the cup, but we NEED to play as a team.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i see your point. but the usa defense contributed to that a little. you knew they were gonna crank it up a little at the start of the second half.
    Of course, it was predictable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast