Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Thread: 2014 Team USA

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Boys 2882 View Post
    Serbia has a club called the 76ers too?

According to him Mirotic and Bogdanovic are "superstars," so I sincerely doubt he's ever watched an actual NBA game. The ends of NBA benches are filled with European "superstars" like that, LOL
    some of the players he knocks is comical. top of the list being kevin durant. and according to him derrick rose is a "true point guard". a true point guard who chucked up about 20 threes and hit one in this tournament.

This thread used to be too good to get closed just like that. If you guys have some personal matters you want to discuss which mostlikely wouldn't interest anyone else, feel free to use private messages.

American basketball player DeMarcus Cousins hit back at a reporter who asked him if he could correctly locate Slovenia
    Cousins hails from Alabama, and it is not clear how the reporter responded
    Several fans have commended Cousins for his reply on Twitter, calling it 'well done' and 'classic'

BxAzQxaCMAA6_Pz.jpg

Classic moment:
    European journalist to DeMarcus Cousins: "Do you know where Slovenia is?"
    Cousins: "No, do you know where Alabama is?

Chairman Jerry Colangelo's reflections on 2014 USA Basketball success.

...everything came together, the stars were aligned.

That was a really magic year at all age/competition levels, 100% target achievement.

USA 2014 members and candidates are all shining bright!
    Klay Thompson....

hi guys..i know it too early..but..
    do you have any informations about the all-stars that will play at the olympics?

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgos Alexopoulos View Post
    hi guys..i know it too early..but..
    do you have any informations about the all-stars that will play at the olympics?
    Nothing yet. Next month, there will be a USA Vegas camp that will pit USA Blue vs. USA White as a mini-workout for Rio.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

USA Basketball just added Jimmy Butler, Mike Conley, Draymond Green, Harrison Barnes, Tobias Harris, Victor Oladipo, and Trey Burke to the player pool for the 2016 Olympics. There are now 41 players in the pool (see below). I am sure USA Basketball will add more names to the pool next year based on player performances during the upcoming season.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13...ugust-minicamp

Per the article, attendance at the upcoming 3 day August minicamp is mandatory for invited players if they are interested in securing a spot on the 12 man roster for the 2016 Olympics.

C - Dwight Howard, DeMarcus Cousins, Andre Drummond, Mason Plumlee, Tyson Chandler
    PF - Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried, Kevin Love, Blake Griffin, Draymond Green, LaMarcus Aldridge, Paul Millsap, David Lee
    SF - Kevin Durant, LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Kawhi Leonard, Paul George, Rudy Gay, Gordon Hayward, Chandler Parsons, Harrison Barnes, Tobias Harris
    SG - James Harden, Klay Thompson, Bradley Beal, Jimmy Butler, DeMar DeRozan, Victor Oladipo, Andre Igoudala, Kyle Korver
    PG - Stephen Curry, Chris Paul, Kyrie Irving, Russell Westbrook, Damian Lillard, John Wall, Derrick Rose, Deron Williams, Mike Conley, Trey Burke

These are my odds for each of these players making the team...

LONG SHOT
    *Paul Millsap
    *Kyle Korver
    *Trey Burke
    *David Lee
    *Tobias Harris

OUTSIDE CHANCE
    *Bradley Beal
    *Chandler Parsons
    *Harrison Barnes
    *Derrick Rose
    *Andre Drummond
    *Victor Oladipo
    *Tyson Chandler
    *Deron Williams

ON-THE-FENCE
    *Mason Plumlee
    *Dwight Howard
    *Damian Lillard
    *John Wall
    *DeMar DeRozan
    *Paul George
    *Rudy Gay
    *Gordon Hayward

GOOD CHANCE
    *Chris Paul
    *Mike Conley
    *Demarcus Cousins
    *Kenneth Faried
    *Kevin Love
    *Blake Griffin
    *Draymond Green
    *LaMarcus Aldridge
    *Carmelo Anthony
    *Kawhi Leonard
    *Klay Thompson
    *Jimmy Butler
    *Andre Igoudala

LOCKS (without health issues)
    *Anthony Davis
    *LeBron James
    *Kevin Durant
    *Stephen Curry
    *James Harden
    *Kyrie Irving
    *Russell Westbrook
    Last edited by Federoy; 07-16-2015 at 05:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Federoy View Post
    These are my odds for each of these players making the team...

LONG SHOT
    *Paul Millsap
    *Kyle
    *Trey Burke
    *David Lee
    *Tobias Harris

OUTSIDE CHANCE
    *Bradley Beal
    *Chandler Parsons
    *Harrison Barnes
    *Derrick Rose
    *Andre Drummond
    *Victor Oladipo
    *Tyson Chandler
    *Deron Williams

ON-THE-FENCE
    *Mason Plumlee
    *Dwight Howard
    *Damian Lillard
    *John Wall
    *DeMar DeRozan
    *Paul George
    *Rudy Gay
    *Gordon Hayward

GOOD CHANCE
    *Chris Paul
    *Mike Conley
    *Demarcus Cousins
    *Kenneth Faried
    *Kevin Love
    *Blake Griffin
    *Draymond Green
    *LaMarcus Aldridge
    *Carmelo Anthony
    *Kawhi Leonard
    *Klay Thompson
    *Jimmy Butler
    *Andre Igoudala

LOCKS (without health issues)
    *Anthony Davis
    *LeBron James
    *Kevin Durant
    *Stephen Curry
    *James Harden
    *Kyrie Irving
    *Russell Westbrook
    Nice job putting this list together. I agree with all your locks and would add Chris Paul too that list.
    I think there are not enough roster spots for deserving guys like Iguodala and Butler so I would move them to the on the fence category. I disagree with Deron Willians and Mason Plumlee and would put them on the no shot in hell list. Gordon Hayward has still a lot to prove so I would put him on the fence as well as Conley due to the strength of the position. Rudy Gay will also have a difficult time because of his loaded position. And then we come to Derrick Rose who I agree is on the fence but that's only because coach K has some mysterious loyalty to him that I can't figure out. He was a horrible in Spain and not much better in Turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    Nice job putting this list together. I agree with all your locks and would add Chris Paul too that list.
    I think there are not enough roster spots for deserving guys like Iguodala and Butler so I would move them to the on the fence category. I disagree with Deron Willians and Mason Plumlee and would put them on the no shot in hell list. Gordon Hayward has still a lot to prove so I would put him on the fence as well as Conley due to the strength of the position. Rudy Gay will also have a difficult time because of his loaded position. And then we come to Derrick Rose who I agree is on the fence but that's only because coach K has some mysterious loyalty to him that I can't figure out. He was a horrible in Spain and not much better in Turkey.
    Thanks bro. We've had some disagreements in the past, but I don't take it personally. It's all apart of healthy debate.

I disagree with Deron Williams and Mason Plumlee and would put them on the no shot in hell list

Deron Williams still has the physical tools to contribute, but he doesn't have love for the game anymore. I think he's burned out and will never regain the competitiveness he once had, so it's a no. As for Plumlee, he does have size, but more importantly, he's active on the boards and is an excellent defender. Unfortunately for him, there are too many other players ahead of him that offer the same qualities and more, so barring several injuries or withdrawals, he's highly unlikely to make the team.

Gordon Hayward has still a lot to prove so I would put him on the fence as well as Conley due to the strength of the position

We agree on Hayward, but with Conley, I really believe he's one of the most underrated PGs in the league. He gives you size. His decision-making is sound. He has a decent shooting percentage, and he's a real gamer (remember him suiting up in the play-offs last year with a broken face?) You gotta figure Curry, Irving and Westbrook are no brainers to make the team, which leaves Paul and Conley probably fighting it out for that last PG spot. A healthy Paul most likely gets it, but don't be surprised if Conley makes cutting him difficult for Coach K and his staff.

I'd go for Conley over Paul. You need size in FIBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Federoy View Post
    Thanks bro. We've had some disagreements in the past, but I don't take it personally. It's all apart of healthy debate.

I disagree with Deron Williams and Mason Plumlee and would put them on the no shot in hell list

Deron Williams still has the physical tools to contribute, but he doesn't have love for the game anymore. I think he's burned out and will never regain the competitiveness he once had, so it's a no. As for Plumlee, he does have size, but more importantly, he's active on the boards and is an excellent defender. Unfortunately for him, there are too many other players ahead of him that offer the same qualities and more, so barring several injuries or withdrawals, he's highly unlikely to make the team.

Gordon Hayward has still a lot to prove so I would put him on the fence as well as Conley due to the strength of the position

We agree on Hayward, but with Conley, I really believe he's one of the most underrated PGs in the league. He gives you size. His decision-making is sound. He has a decent shooting percentage, and he's a real gamer (remember him suiting up in the play-offs last year with a broken face?) You gotta figure Curry, Irving and Westbrook are no brainers to make the team, which leaves Paul and Conley probably fighting it out for that last PG spot. A healthy Paul most likely gets it, but don't be surprised if Conley makes cutting him difficult for Coach K and his staff.
    As Bomani Jones put it(I Think) way too many people think Conley is underrated for him to be underrated because at a certain point when the masses continue to call you underrated they are in fact giving you a large amount of praise. He's not underrated. He's just not talked about as much as other PG.

do you know if all the players will be at the mini camp august?what about george?

do you know if all the players will be at the mini camp august?what about george?
    http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...ummer-Olympics

This article has a good summary of who has confirmed so far that they will attend the mini camp. George sounds like he will be there. The only person so far who does not sound like he will be at the mini camp is Damian Lillard.

and do you know if james,aldridge,westbrook,howard will be there?thank you

and do you know if james,aldridge,westbrook,howard will be there?thank you
    Haven't heard anything regarding these players yet. I'm sure we'll hear more in the next few days.

Lillard appears to not be going. Felling slighted after last summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy7984 View Post
    USA Basketball just added Jimmy Butler, Mike Conley, Draymond Green, Harrison Barnes, Tobias Harris, Victor Oladipo, and Trey Burke to the player pool for the 2016 Olympics. There are now 41 players in the pool (see below). I am sure USA Basketball will add more names to the pool next year based on player performances during the upcoming season.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13...ugust-minicamp

Per the article, attendance at the upcoming 3 day August minicamp is mandatory for invited players if they are interested in securing a spot on the 12 man roster for the 2016 Olympics.

C - Dwight Howard, DeMarcus Cousins, Andre Drummond, Mason Plumlee, Tyson Chandler
    PF - Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried, Kevin Love, Blake Griffin, Draymond Green, LaMarcus Aldridge, Paul Millsap, David Lee
    SF - Kevin Durant, LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Kawhi Leonard, Paul George, Rudy Gay, Gordon Hayward, Chandler Parsons, Harrison Barnes, Tobias Harris
    SG - James Harden, Klay Thompson, Bradley Beal, Jimmy Butler, DeMar DeRozan, Victor Oladipo, Andre Igoudala, Kyle Korver
    PG - Stephen Curry, Chris Paul, Kyrie Irving, Russell Westbrook, Damian Lillard, John Wall, Derrick Rose, Deron Williams, Mike Conley, Trey Burke
    http://www.usab.com/news-events/news...ticipants.aspx

34 players confirmed for the mini camp next week. Of the 41 players previously in the player pool, 9 are not attending (Tyson Chandler, Paul Millsap, David Lee, Kyle Korver, Damian Lillard, Derrick Rose, Trey Burke, Andre Igoudala, Deron Williams). 2 new players in the pool (DeAndre Jordan, Michael Carter-Williams)

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142